Emerson To Real For 17 Mil (4 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
I wuld trust that Cappello would know what to do with these young players.

17 Million for Emerson, IMO, is not money that is very well spent, given that he's already 28 years old. Take 6 million of that money, spend it on Matuzalem, and concern yourself with other positions that are more ciritcal.
Yep. 17M on Emerson would indicate some mixed messages from Real Madrid:

1. Maybe someone there is actually waking up and recognizing that defenses matter, even in the Spanish Lega, even if they don't sell jerseys

2. They're still asleep at the wheel when it comes to responsible finances. Emerson is great and all, but 17M is a preposterous amount that only an acquisition team with galactico-sized egos would attempt. Meaning, Real still has yet to learn the other side of their collapse this year: having money left to spend on your bench matters too.

Yeah, we definitely need some defensive midfield strength ... as evidenced since Davids departure. But 17M is a sum for only crack addicts to spend on that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
As long as Emerson wants Juve no one can force him into signing for Real. Roma have accepted the offer, but it's up to Emo to agree personal terms, which I don't think he'll do.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I say it again, the midfield is what makes a team work. To have some of the weakest players in the central midfield spot is not a formula for success. I am still not certain that Appiah can cut it as a first team regular. I know for a fact that Tacchinardi is not the midfield all-arounder who can pass and tackle with the same effectiveness, and Brighi and Blasi are both a step below the "quality" of Alessio. Who will make the midfield work? Maresca? He is a good player, but not an Emerson or Davids. If our midfield is as effective as last year's, we will easily give possession away to the other team, or maybe not even be able to hold possession for an extended period of time. Thus, this lack of possession is for the opposing team's gain, in which after every bad touch or pass in midfield, they will have another opportunity to capitalize. With more and more chances for the other team, even the world's best defences will be broken down at some point. So the bottom line is you must have quality players in midfield, or you will have an ineffective team. Appiah and Tacchinardi are by all means NOT quality players who can do it all in midfield.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
As long as Emerson wants Juve no one can force him into signing for Real. Roma have accepted the offer, but it's up to Emo to agree personal terms, which I don't think he'll do.
That's the only thing that i hope for.
It is not asigned deal yet .It is Only Roma and real who agreeded a deal.
We still have a hope!PLZ EMO CHOOSE US TILL THE END!IN THE END THEY WILL SELL YOU TO US,WITHOUT CHOICE!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Yep. 17M on Emerson would indicate some mixed messages from Real Madrid:

1. Maybe someone there is actually waking up and recognizing that defenses matter, even in the Spanish Lega, even if they don't sell jerseys

2. They're still asleep at the wheel when it comes to responsible finances. Emerson is great and all, but 17M is a preposterous amount that only an acquisition team with galactico-sized egos would attempt. Meaning, Real still has yet to learn the other side of their collapse this year: having money left to spend on your bench matters too.

Yeah, we definitely need some defensive midfield strength ... as evidenced since Davids departure. But 17M is a sum for only crack addicts to spend on that.
But that fee would be reduced if Emerson has his heart set on Juve. There is nothing Roma can do about it, or they risk losing him for free.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
So what if Roma and Madrid have agreed a fee ? Emerson hasn't.

Emerson has rejected Madrid before and he will most probably do it again.

Wait and see. Juve will sign Emerson for 10 Million.

Oct 1, 2002
lol, another player closely linked to us will go to other club.
I think Real Madrid can offer a better contract than Juve. There's no chance we'll be able to get Emerson, unless he is really determined to move to Juve or he doesn't want to move to Spain.
Don't worry too much, we still have Tacchi, his perfomance this season doesn't represent his usual standards. Given chance, he will prove that he is much better.
save the money, and spend it on better section.... (DEFENSE PLEASE)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
lol, another player closely linked to us will go to other club.
I think Real Madrid can offer a better contract than Juve. There's no chance we'll be able to get Emerson, unless he is really determined to move to Juve or he doesn't want to move to Spain.
Don't worry too much, we still have Tacchi, his perfomance this season doesn't represent his usual standards. Given chance, he will prove that he is much better.
save the money, and spend it on better section.... (DEFENSE PLEASE)
Oh give me a break. Tacchinardi isn't even half the player Davids was. What makes you think that Alessio will have a great campaign next season? He has shown what he can do WITHOUT a player like Davids next to him, and I expect the same lack of quality in midfield again if no other player is brought in by Moggi to help Tacchi.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Appiah will improve greatly....you will see......
Yeah, we will see. We'll see while watching him give away pass after pass to Dejan Stankovic, for the Inter man to pass up to Obafemi Martins to make the score 3-1 for Inter at the Stadio Delle Alpi next season. I can see right now.

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Oh give me a break. Tacchinardi isn't even half the player Davids was. What makes you think that Alessio will have a great campaign next season? He has shown what he can do WITHOUT a player like Davids next to him, and I expect the same lack of quality in midfield again if no other player is brought in by Moggi to help Tacchi.
Tacchi was and is a good player. He had fitness problem in 03/04 seasons, injured and missed lots of games.
in 2002/2003, it's very obvious he was one of our Great Midfield Spirit.
Davids is good and crucial to Juve, but I think we could make it without him.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

Listen to him guys!!! :D

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

yeah thats right.. i cant belive ppl here start talking bull shit about moggi, how can u be so sure that he will go to real, take it F****** EASY!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

Oh good, Marco is here! He knows whats going on.

Hey Marco, what is the latest word on the peninsula about Emerson, and any other transfer news that involves us. Let us know, now.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

Sorry to say but he is wrong. If Real pairs Juve's offer. He will go to Real, cuz Sensi will have him a year sitting and at that point the player will go to Real Madrid, no doubt. Remember Davids. He wanted Roma, but Moggi didn't let him go even though he was almost at the end of his contract. Roma wont let Emerson join Juve. I'm pretty positive about that. Instead as a revenge we will get Mexes.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++

Sorry to say but he is wrong. If Real pairs Juve's offer. He will go to Real, cuz Sensi will have him a year sitting and at that point the player will go to Real Madrid, no doubt. Remember Davids. He wanted Roma, but Moggi didn't let him go even though he was almost at the end of his contract. Roma wont let Emerson join Juve. I'm pretty positive about that. Instead as a revenge we will get Mexes.
Yeah, he would sit on the Roma bench and then join Juve for free. :D That would be a huge mistake by Sensi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)