Emerson to Juventus??? (2 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Still not official on channel 4 and juventus.com !

because it's not official yet. moggi said that that they have agreed transfer fee with roma. now it's just left emerson to sign a contract with us, and it's done.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
I'll believe when I see it !!!!

If it was as expensive as some here have stated (14 mil plus Brighi) then was it worth it ??????

Will we have any money left over to get anyone else ??????????

of course we'll have money to buy some other players vin. we will also sell some, you know.

azizhen

Aug 18, 2003
I am assuming here guys so bear with me. IF the announcment by Moggi was made after the TIM Cup, then I think it would be reasonable to say that Juve felt pressured to rush the signing in order to instill some belief in the team and the fans. That could be the reason why the announcement was made tonight before it could be made official. This could also be why we ended up paying so much for Emerson.

Another wild theory is that Moggi might have announced this without even having confirmed the deal with Roma yet and this might be his way of letting them know that he is settling for their price. Which could mean that no official agreement has been made at that meeting but Roma did table their offer and this was Moggis way of accepting(under pressure of course).

He might have been planning to bring them down more. But then maybe Agnelli made a phone call after the TIM game saying something along the lines of, " Bro, we playing really crap, buy Emerson tonight, I dont care about the price, cheers."

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
azizhen: The Emerson news was published before the TIM Cup
Games kicked off!

btw. to people that say Moggi let Roma win this.
If I'm not mistaken Roma asked for £13m and now reports suggest
we have agreed something between €10-14m.

£13m = €19.8m

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
and I don't think Brighi is in the deal. I don't think they would of taken the chance of him getting injured in the TIM trophy. I think it's only 12m €.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Finally, this saga seems to be at an end. Good news: we landed Emerson. It will be great to have a solid DM again. Bad news: all this drama and we still ended up paying through the nose.

Well, what's done is done. Let's get him signed and win lo Scudetto...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
okay, its great that he has signed. now all moggi has to do is fix the lack of creativity in midfield. i really do hope Jankulovksi can join us next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)