Emerson Palmieri - LB - Chelsea (2 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Tici (or Nedved) has had a hard on for this guy for at least two years for some reason. I don’t know enough about him to really judge, but I don’t think id mind this. We need someone with some experience to back up Sandro in CL.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He has zero offensive game, even tho has decent feet, he never assists or scores. So despite being an in overall limited player, he would be an odd choice for left wingback or left midfielder, because he is your typical play it safe conservative LB. Defenitely should be lesser priority if they are serious about the LWB having offensive instincts.

But he is easy as hell to get since he is currently 4th LB in Chelsea, so not suprised if he comes.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Are we trying for any of those? Because Grimaldo would be fantastic. Or Telles who would be cheaper (Man U getting him for 15m lol).
    no mention of them in the media.

Jun 6, 2015
    He has zero offensive game, even tho has decent feet, he never assists or scores. So despite being an in overall limited player, he would be an odd choice for left wingback or left midfielder, because he is your typical play it safe conservative LB. Defenitely should be lesser priority if they are serious about the LWB having offensive instincts.

But he is easy as hell to get since he is currently 4th LB in Chelsea, so not suprised if he comes.
    Whenever I've seen him I've actually thought he looked pretty decent going forward, but defensively suspect.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Whenever I've seen him I've actually thought he looked pretty decent going forward, but defensively suspect.
    And you wouldnt be wrong to have that as first impression. Thats the thing, he looks the part of a technical offensive fullback, except he isnt, he cant contribute to attack whatsoever (his entire career, 7-8 years, he has 3 goals and 8 assists) been the same since Palermo days. Just a fullback that goes through the motions and doesn't contribute forward, while being average defensively. All he does at best is help you keep possesion. Not join attack nor be good at stopping his opponents.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
    And you wouldnt be wrong to have that as first impression. Thats the thing, he looks the part of a technical offensive fullback, except he isnt, he cant contribute to attack whatsoever (his entire career, 7-8 years, he has 3 goals and 8 assists) been the same since Palermo days. Just a fullback that goes through the motions and doesn't contribute forward, while being average defensively.
    The only question is "is he better than mds"?
    If the answer is yes than that means we improve, although he looks like a rich man's mds by the look of things.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    He is basically Brazilian version of MDS, less injured (tho he is also very injury prone), and more naturally technical player. But the output will be similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)