emerson joins juve (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Agreed. Though Oddo is better than Bonera he's only a little bit better than average. Miguel, Seitaridis and Trabelsi are the right backs we should be targeting.
Miguel is good, but IMO nothing for Serie A! Defensivly way too weak. I bet nobody knows here, that this guy is a striker, who has been turned into a defender.
Seitaridis is offensivly too weak + Porto have already snaped him up. Its a shame, because he is 23 and could become better.
About Trabelsi: He would take another non-EU spot, so Oddo is the right choice IMO, as he is surley the best Italian right-back out there.

Aug 26, 2003
ok it is not offical or? but it seems only a matter of hours or days!!

I am happy Emerson is a very good player and something that we missed last season!!!

I think also the price was good from Moggi!!!

i think Jankulovski would also be good, but which statement is now true, that we will sign all 3 and maybe Gilardino or just one player!!

and is the surprise emerson??

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
ok it is not offical or? but it seems only a matter of hours or days!!

I think also the price was good from Moggi!!!
no, it's not official yet. and i think it's just a matter of hours.

and we are very lucky to sign him for just 7 mil.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

Oddo is the right choice IMO, as he is surley the best Italian right-back out there.
That's not saying an awful lot since his only competition for the RB spot with the Azzurri is Panucci and Bonera.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
If the reports are correct about Roma having an option on Gilardino
until July 15th then I guess we will see the deal regardin Emerson being closed July 16th! ;)

It's reported that Baldini has said that Parma has withdrawn Gilardino
from the market, but after the Emerson deal they will see what they can do, casue they are on pole position!

Meanwhile other reports suggest that this Monday Ferrari will be officialy
a Roma player after a fee of €4.5m.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Ferrari can go ... there are much better players we can go after ///

Ferrari would have been a sensible purchase in January as a stop gap transfer... but now there are better players who are available.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
Ferrari can go ... there are much better players we can go after ///

Ferrari would have been a sensible purchase in January as a stop gap transfer... but now there are better players who are available.
Like who? :dazed:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Well, i wouldnt say canna is availble, but he is an option tom.

See, this is the magic of moggi. We critise him all the time, but who would of dreamed of him brining emerson to our side?:D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Roma "Forced" To Sell Emerson
goal.com - 7/9/2004

Roma finally seem to have raised the white flag on the Emerson-Juventus dispute, as the giallorossi's Sports Director, Franco Baldini, admitted during a radio interview that his club has to sell the player.
This means that Roma will be more willing to give in to Juve's offers as Baldini stated that the player's head is already in Turin, while it would be financially worse for the giallorossi if Emerson had to leave next year on a free.

Roma and Juventus have been trying to negotiate the transfer of Emerson for over a month now, but for various reasons, including rivalry, both teams were unable to find a solution.

Emerson will now be able to join his former Roma coach, Fabio Capello, and team-mate, Jonathan Zebina, with the bianconeri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)