Emanuele Giaccherini (18 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I sure do.

Every quality CB partnership in Europe has a passing CB. Dante, Pique, Bonucci, Ramos and Hummels. All passing CB's I can think of are quite fragile and their positional awareness isn't the greatest but all of them are highly essential to deep ball distribution.

The days of negative football are over, it's all about possession and passing now. A ball-passing CB has become essential.

Doesn't he rate AVB? His argument is invalid.
AVB will be successful at one moment!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I sure do.

Every quality CB partnership in Europe has a passing CB. Dante, Pique, Bonucci, Ramos and Hummels. All passing CB's I can think of are quite fragile and their positional awareness isn't the greatest but all of them are highly essential to deep ball distribution.

The days of negative football are over, it's all about possession and passing now. A ball-passing CB has become essential.
But do you want to go for a ball-playing defender in a fairly extreme way as you have to with Bonucci - an excellent passer and a questionable defender - or someone more like Ogbonna - a good passer and a good defender?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Depends on the football you're aiming to play. I sure think a side aiming to have 60% possession at all times should have an excellent passer at the back.

See what Dante said about in recently in an interview:

"Every big team in Europe now focuses on possession and moving the ball around and Brazilian defenders are very suitable for this kind of game because our school of football values the pass," Bayern's Dante said. "We are also much more comfortable going forward, another requirement of the style of game that is being played now by teams like Bayern and Barcelona, for example."

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
I know it's only twitter, but I saw a couple retweets of a post saying "According to reports in the past 10 hours, Giaccherini might return to Juventus. More info in the next few hours"

Think it's possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)