Emanuele Giaccherini (3 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
People here need to keep in mind that we haven't won three in a row since Nineteen-thirty-FIVE!!!

If it was to happen now I'd be elated! Absolutely in tears of joy. But 90 % of the forum just EXPECTS it!!
That's true, we can't expect it, even if on paper it seems the most likely outcome. Once the team does that they won't win it.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Both are massive upgrades that should go far into completing the first XI to a strength no other Serie A side possesses.
It's true, they are massive upgrades and we should be regarded as favourites, but Milan actually kept up with us very well last season. It was their pathetic start to the season that ruined everything for them.

If they can keep up what they did in the 2nd part of last season, we'll have a great rival on our hands. Just look at their attack and midfield!

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
People here need to keep in mind that we haven't won three in a row since Nineteen-thirty-FIVE!!!

If it was to happen now I'd be elated! Absolutely in tears of joy. But 90 % of the forum just EXPECTS it!!
That's where Conte comes in.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's true, they are massive upgrades and we should be regarded as favourites, but Milan actually kept up with us very well last season. It was their pathetic start to the season that ruined everything for them.

If they can keep up what they did in the 2nd part of last season, we'll have a great rival on our hands. Just look at their attack and midfield!
Dude, their midfield is average at best. They could cause us problems, but let's not get carried away.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
That's going to be hard to quantify. When we are looking for a goal and throw on a sub but can't score, I doubt many will be saying 'I wish we had Giaccherini'.

For me it depends on whether we get another LWB or not. If we do (say we buy Kolarov with the money) then he would have become almost obsolete, trying to be the 3rd choice LCM, 3rd choice LWB, or 3rd choice LWF.
I don't think Kolarov is what we need for the lwb spot. He's good going forward but he looks lost in defense.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Dude, their midfield is average at best. They could cause us problems, but let's not get carried away.
Look, I will agree to us being better. And Galliani is a fucking moron with everything he says nowadays. But they were in fact impressive in the latter part of last season. There's no hiding away from the fact that they kept up with us for that part of the season. It was their brainfart of a start to the season that ruined everything.

We SHOULD win next season, but it's not a guarantee, far from it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

I agree with this. Italy does have a mandatory cycle involved it seems. And not just the kind you throw down from the 2nd tribuna into the pit of the Meazza.

Let's hope that at least bodes well for our CL campaign...

May 22, 2007

I felt you wrote them both off too easily.

Becoming complacent is dangerous if you give hungry teams a sniff.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Look, I will agree to us being better. And Galliani is a fucking moron with everything he says nowadays. But they were in fact impressive in the latter part of last season. There's no hiding away from the fact that they kept up with us for that part of the season. It was their brainfart of a start to the season that ruined everything.

We SHOULD win next season, but it's not a guarantee, far from it.
This I agree with. :)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Meh, Milan's form was flattering. They had been given up for dead by everyone last season, and could just creep up the table without anyone noticing, whilst those at the top had to slug it out against motivated opponents from start to finish. Next minute they are around the CL places and being handed out penalties like they were going out of fashion.

Let's see how they do (again) with expectancy from the start.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fair enough. But they did climb from like 15th to 3rd, and whether or not they bought refs is just a myth to be honest. I was annoyed as fuck at all the penalities they got, but deep down I don't believe they influenced refs. Not after Calciopoli. No top club would dare to do that shit again. They had a tremendous 2nd part of the season, and they will be our main rival. I'd take Tevez / Llorente over Balotelli / El Sharawy, but it's not like the latter striking pair is tremendously far behind.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Milan don't need to do anything to influence refs, it's all there in the establishment, they have more penalties than everyone whether you look at 1, 5 or 20 year periods.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)