Emanuele Giaccherini (3 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
Not sure what people want out of bench players these days. If Marotta spends over 5M for a bench player he gets destroyed on this forum but all our bench players are supposed to be top players.

Giaccherini does what he's supposed to do. He comes into games when we need a spark and he sparks us. Somehow. He does it. Even if he doesn't have that much talent, he has balls. He throws himself in there. He finds himself with chances because of his movement and his heart. He's not a great player so it doesn't always work out, that's why he is on the bench, durrr.

To sit on the bench for so long and come in and score a goal like that with such calm is worthy of respect. He's the one who initially switched it to Pogba and he's the one who finished up in the box. Impact. I have serious doubts any of our strikers could have executed that series of moves that he did on that goal.

Sure, you could say maybe he's the "worst player on the team" but if he's the worst player on your team, you're going to be a pretty good team. You're only as good as your weakest link and if your weakest link can do that, then I'll take it.
Good post.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
People used to go crazy in the last 4-5 games of last season calling every player's goal "a Scudetto goal" forgetting all the other goals scored during last season that were of great importance for our team... Well let me tell you something, this is a Scudetto goal, this is what brings you titles. Remember this the next time people want to shoot Giacc.

Whatever you do, never forget this goal....

greystar

Feb 27, 2010
People used to go crazy in the last 4-5 games of last season calling every player's goal "a Scudetto goal" forgetting all the other goals scored during last season that were of great importance for our team... Well let me tell you something, this is a Scudetto goal, this is what brings you titles. Remember this the next time people want to shoot Giacc.

:D

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Not sure what people want out of bench players these days. If Marotta spends over 5M for a bench player he gets destroyed on this forum but all our bench players are supposed to be top players.

Giaccherini does what he's supposed to do. He comes into games when we need a spark and he sparks us. Somehow. He does it. Even if he doesn't have that much talent, he has balls. He throws himself in there. He finds himself with chances because of his movement and his heart. He's not a great player so it doesn't always work out, that's why he is on the bench, durrr.

To sit on the bench for so long and come in and score a goal like that with such calm is worthy of respect. He's the one who initially switched it to Pogba and he's the one who finished up in the box. Impact. I have serious doubts any of our strikers could have executed that series of moves that he did on that goal.

Sure, you could say maybe he's the "worst player on the team" but if he's the worst player on your team, you're going to be a pretty good team. You're only as good as your weakest link and if your weakest link can do that, then I'll take it.
I've been trying to tell this to the people on this forum for so long now...... Giacc is a 2nd, 3rd choice player. We are not fucking REal Madrid to have Kakas and Modrices sitting on our bench and we have never been like that. God domn it, just cut this boy a slack. He is mediocare, average, weak, limited and on top of that he has been played in every imaginable position on the left side and yet, he comes arround and does something that all our talented, world class, strong, top players couldnt do against fucking Catania......he scored. So your point is invalid.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Thank you Giacch, well taken goal, important player for Conte's team, like it or not.

Last seaason I thought Borriello and Del Piero scored the ultimate Scudetto goals against Cesena and Lazio, this one definetly falls in the same category, even if last seasons Milan >> this seasons Napoli.

Apr 15, 2006
the deuces Vucinic drops contain more talent than Giaccherini has.
I bet his deuces are lazier than Giaccherini too. :agree:

Just as pathetic as you when it comes to your personal vendetta against Vucinic ;)

The pot calling the kettle black? :howler: :D
Nothing personal, purely professional. I only spoke about the Vucinic delusion exhibited on the forums. History has proved me right though.

If that ball fell to Vuc, what are the odds that he would have ballooned it over the net? :D

As much as Giacch has frustrated and we've suffered for it, he finished. Enuf said.
He would've surely ballooned it. :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Irritating, hell yes.

Ineffectul? Well not in this game. Made the difference. Somehow.
Some people on this forum are so deluded that they label a difference-making player as ineffectual, but label a truly ineffectual player as "the best we've got". :sergio:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013

Well said. He is what he is. Nobody should think any different. But he gives his all and heart can make up for talent in many situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)