Emanuele Giaccherini (2 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I dont think the problem was him being outmuscled or the opponent.... the real problem was that his first touch, his passes, and ball control were very poor to say the least.

Our attacks ended before they started because he had such a horrid time doing basic moves.

---------- Post Merged at 12:42 ----------

Maybe, it baffles me that he's playing before Marrone.
I concur with ya.... would defeinitely improvise in a game with marrone to see what he got.

Pogba is getting his chance... give marro his.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I dont think the problem was him being outmuscled or the opponent.... the real problem was that his first touch, his passes, and ball control were very poor to say the least.

Our attacks ended before they started because he had such a horrid time doing basic moves.
Exactly.

Two occasions sprung to mind last night when an accurate pass at regulation speed to Giac were badly miscontrolled.

It was if he was receiving a football-sized orb of the slipperiest soap known to man. Possession lost.

There's a lot to admire about him, but the Juve coaches need to show him a few Barca vids to educate him on the importance of making a received pass stick like glue to his feet.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well he has been useful, but he's not considered a starter here because he doesn't produce the goods often enough (and Marchisio does, despite what some will try and say). He's always been consistent in covering large areas of the pitch and positively carrying the ball for long distances, and sometimes he can pull out a goal or assist, as he did against Genoa. He'd be great for a counter attacking side, and that goal he scored against Genoa was on the counter. I like him, and I think he's got a good role in the club at the moment.
:tup:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I dont hate him, he's likeable but too average.
But good enough to start against average teams + Coppa Italia.
There are so many games this season and players will be tired/injured, so Giaccherini can play against them

It is a bonus to have such a player like him in a club. I just wish that he steps up to the mark

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Two average players, so the differences are minimal. Pepe is definitely more hard working, and physically imposing, whereas Giac is arguably more versatile and technically superior.
Pepe is much more viable to replace marchisio imo since he's more threatening when going forward. Combined with his physicality (speed, power and endurance) he's just much more complete and gives other players more space.

Giaccherini may be more technically gifted but what has he ever brought to the plate with his technique ? Right, almost nothing that is.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
Pepe is much more viable to replace marchisio imo since he's more threatening when going forward. Combined with his physicality (speed, power and endurance) he's just much more complete and gives other players more space.

Giaccherini may be more technically gifted but what has he ever brought to the plate with his technique ? Right, almost nothing that is.
some flashy tricks that passed no opponent before giving it back to a player in a less advance position :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)