Emanuele Giaccherini (150 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I genuinly cannot remember one cross from him in the match.

First half he barely touched the ball, in the second he was better and played a couple of decent passes to start some counters. But you cannot really judge him on one game especially when he didn't have pre season with us.

Elia should start next week.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I don't think he was the worst player at all. He wasn't getting the ball very often in attack to make a difference. I saw many instances where we were breaking away and he was free to the far left, but no one passed to him. Most of our wingplay was focused on Pepe, who had atrcious crosses! When he did get the ball, he wasn't very far up front, so had to pass the ball into the middle. He still had a good game in terms of passing and defensive play. I think it's a matter of time till he gains more confidence and gives better performances. Also Conte should instruct the team to pass the ball to him equally compared to the right winger in the future. We should utilize both wingers to the full extent.

Here's hoping we see better displays from him.
True, i remember one occasion in 2nd half in a counter attack , he is running free on the left but the pass goes to pepe on the right.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
Didn't do much today, looked a bit scared to take the ball forward and preferred passing it back or to the middle, that's not always a bad thing tbh but he did it too many times.

We should start Elia/Esti and keep Giac as a sub, he'd be good replacement for them

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
I don't think he's really a winger. Elia is way better.
Agreed. either way hes a type of player that can be huge for us as a sub. I dont think he'll be a permanent starter. We all know if Elia has a good week of training and pick up the system (which im sure he will) he'll be out starter. Giacc is a perfect back up . He has something to prove, he has motivation, very strong mentally and shit if hes in form all the better. Not a great game but im confident he'll improve week by week. Its just nice to see we have depth that can perform. Even pepe looked decent, besides his crosses.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He is exactly what i was expecting him to be...
And Marotta is still claiming that in Italy, you cant spend all your money to buy a 50mil player.
So i guess that he will keep brining in a load of Giaccerinis...
Who needs an Aquero, when you can have a Giaccherini, an Estigarribia, a Vucinic and a Pepe??
I quess in the EPL, they dont play as many games, a serie A team, that is not participating in any European competition does...

Since Giacche is actually a forward, i was expecting him to push forward and make more shoots than Pepe, who actually scored, but i guess that Pepe is classes above Giacche, o well one more Italian for the Ital-Juve project...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Give him a bit more time.
I don't think we should. Regardless of how lost he was yesterday, and eventhough I saw all three of Elia, Giac and Este at most 4-5 times each, I am pretty sure that the other two are better than Giac, so no need to give him more time. Just play one of the other two at LW and make Giac a third choice winger, used only when both of Elia and Este are unavailable.

Apr 15, 2006
He seems to get pushed off the ball far too easily. Also lost almost every challenge in the air.
Considering how he's the shortest player on the squad, it's no surprise, no?
I don't think we should. Regardless of how lost he was yesterday, and eventhough I saw all three of Elia, Giac and Este at most 4-5 times each, I am pretty sure that the other two are better than Giac, so no need to give him more time. Just play one of the other two at LW and make Giac a third choice winger, used only when both of Elia and Este are unavailable.
I think he only started yesterday mainly due to the lack of trainings Elia and Este have had.
Exactly. Conte knew what he was doing. If Giacc really was that bad, then why did Elia not come on for him, or Estiga not even make the bench? Cos judging by the training sessions, Conte concluded that Giacc was the best LB to start yesterday. Even then, I think Giacc will come good in the future with a bit more practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)