Eljero Elia (15 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Pazienza, Estigarara, Motta and Pepe.
Pazienza: Can't understand why we had to get him. Even those who try to defend Marotta on this admit that he is a useless player whose only advantage over Sissoko is his wages but if he is a known useless player, couldn't we just get rid of Momo and hand this wonderful useless squad role to a player like Marrone? But at least he didn't cost us, he isn't going to have a major role in our team and his position was kind of covered by Vidal and Marchisio.

Estigarara: :D

Motta: When we bought him I thought he was going to be big for us. His signing seemed a good one to me.

Pepe: At least he wanted to come here :stuckup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't like this guy and this transfer :frown2:

First Juve player I have ever had this feeling about.
You say like its something shocking, its VERY little to like about this signing, hard pressed to find much of anything positive about it. Except "hey atleast its not Marchisio/Pepe/Martinez as LW for another season". But thats the same mindset that perpuates us keep signing mediocre/average players, that they are or seem less average/mediocre then who they are replacing.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Pazienza: Can't understand why we had to get him. Even those who try to defend Marotta on this admit that he is a useless player whose only advantage over Sissoko is his wages but if he is a known useless player, couldn't we just get rid of Momo and hand this wonderful useless squad role to a player like Marrone? But at least he didn't cost us, he isn't going to have a major role in our team and his position was kind of covered by Vidal and Marchisio.

Estigarara: :D

Motta: When we bought him I thought he was going to be big for us. His signing seemed a good one to me.

Pepe: At least he wanted to come here :stuckup:
Well I meant the purchases of Pepe and Motta after the loan.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Not a fan either :(

His ego, controversial behavior and the fact that he doesn't seem too motivated to join us really killed it for me. However, his speed exceeds the likes of Vargas and Bastos and it could prove useful in Conte's so-called 4-2-4. Guy's got skills but afaik he has never proven anything over a longer period so I remain doubtful over his overall ability. We really need a LW though and since it's right around last call, we should probably get him anyways.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
there is a good chance pepe was bought to be used in other deals. what if he is the key to getting Alves?
motta was cheap and he might improve? lol, maybe not, but he saved us the trouble getting yet another player.
we have been among the busiest teams this mercato

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
You say like its something shocking, its VERY little to like about this signing, hard pressed to find much of anything positive about it. Except "hey atleast its not Marchisio/Pepe/Martinez as LW for another season". But thats the same mindset that perpuates us keep signing mediocre/average players, that they are or seem less average/mediocre then who they are replacing.
Still, he might actually turn good and live up to some of his potential. There's even the possibility that we make a profit on him, however small it might be. He's still just 24 and part of the world's second best NT.

Compare it to buying Pepe or Martinez for the same amount, where you know what average players you are getting and still go on with it. And even in advance, you can clearly tell that we will never be able to sell them for more than we payed for them, even if they do well for us.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Still, he might actually turn good and live up to some of his potential. There's even the possibility that we make a profit on him, however small it might be. He's still just 24 and part of the world's second best NT.

Compare it to buying Pepe or Martinez for the same amount, where you know what average players you are getting and still go on with it. And even in advance, you can clearly tell that we will never be able to sell them for more than we payed for them, even if they do well for us.
I know about his potential/talent or how he can be at his best, I seen enough of him in Twente back then, and he impressed me, past tense, because clearly showed later that he such a frustrating useless trickster with no end product. The main thing that annoys me is we are relying on him as starter in an important position. If he signed him as backup, which we seem to have done with Estigarribia, while signing some immediate impact/consistent/proven LW that we need, I would get it. But I do not like us relying on an inconsistent fuck up like him. We could have gotten several better choices, earlier in the summer. This is what happens when you prolong reinforcements for priority positions.

To put it simply, we can say as usual lets wait and see, and cross our fingers he will fullfill his potential, but I'm sick of saying that, everything he has done in a footie pitch last seasons suggest he is not good enough to start for a top club (or would be top club like we are nowadays). Dissapointing/unimpressive signing.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Welcome Elia, a lot of potential but really unsure on him as a person. Lets hope he is prepared to work hard and will be committed to the cause, they are my only concerns, seems like the kind of person that wants everything handed to him. I hope he is aware that talent is worthless without dedication....

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I know about his potential/talent or how he can be at his best, I seen enough of him in Twente back then, and he impressed me, past tense, because clearly showed later that he such a frustrating useless trickster with no end product. The main thing that annoys me is we are relying on him as starter in an important position. If he signed him as backup, which we seem to have done with Estigarribia, while signing some immediate impact/consistent/proven LW that we need, I would get it. But I do not like us relying on an inconsistent fuck up like him. We could have gotten several better choices, earlier in the summer. This is what happens when you prolong reinforcements for priority positions.

To put it simply, we can say as usual lets wait and see, and cross our fingers he will fullfill his potential, but I'm sick of saying that, everything he has done in a footie pitch last seasons suggest he is not good enough to start for a top club (or would be top club like we are nowadays). Dissapointing/unimpressive signing.
I agree that it was an anti-climax considering everything else we have been linked to. He's here now though and one only needs to go back a year or two and read how highly rated he was as a talent. I'm trying to be a bit excited and hope that he'll find some enthusiasm and start giving a shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)