Electric Scooters (1 Viewer)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They're not great for cities. I think you're confusing intention with actual outcomes. Kinda like how Republican Jesus would give you meals from his two fish and a loaf of bread, but then he'd just encourage you to be a lazy sloth leeching off the system.

Because what happens in practice has not been good for cities: more waste, more environmental harm, more accidents. They could improve that, surely. It's a relatively new impact, so you have to learn from it to get it right. But right now it's a step backwards before it can be a step forward.
i mean from a tourist standpoint, I have no clue what the environmental impact is. But whenever I’ve gone to a major city with open space, they’ve been very convenient to have around as a mode of transportation. If they can figure out a way to make them last longer, they would be great. I prefer it to public transportation for a quick tour

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Invented for what? The older groups prob are scared to use these or just in general don't know how to get in use by downloading the apps n shit. They're made for juniors mostly, but can't see why they couldn't use the normal citybikes?

Well evolution is going in this way, it's what it is.

OP
Oggy

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
  • Thread Starter #23
    The first one I bought was strictly for drive to work and back, but then I found how fun and great is to drive the, so I bought a bigger and more poweful one, which I can drive to mountains.

Here is the last drive I did:

Attachments

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    The first one I bought was strictly for drive to work and back, but then I found how fun and great is to drive the, so I bought a bigger and more poweful one, which I can drive to mountains.

Here is the last drive I did:
    I have some questions if you dont mind. Like
    1) how much did you pay for the new one, new or used
    2) how long does the battery stand
    3) you guys have laws there? driving in the street, some speed restrictions, helmet?

OP
    Oggy

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
  • Thread Starter #25
    I have some questions if you dont mind. Like
    1) how much did you pay for the new one, new or used
    2) how long does the battery stand
    3) you guys have laws there? driving in the street, some speed restrictions, helmet?
    I've bought a new one, the price was somewhere around 1.900€
    The range is 100km per charge (at ideal conditions), however, the real range is somewhere around 50-60km per charge (driving speed 30-50km/h)
    We still don't have laws, neither does Croatia, we are treated the same way as pedestrians, however, the helmet is desirable

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    I've bought a new one, the price was somewhere around 1.900€
    The range is 100km per charge (at ideal conditions), however, the real range is somewhere around 50-60km per charge (driving speed 30-50km/h)
    We still don't have laws, neither does Croatia, we are treated the same way as pedestrians, however, the helmet is desirable
    That's crazy though :lol:

OP
    Oggy

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
  • Thread Starter #27
    That's crazy though :lol:
    Yeah, it's funny and unbelievable, but in many countries electric scooters are one big gray area. It's difficult to put everything in the law, as everything is rapidly changing and evolving. For example, my scooter is faster than many smaller motorcycles, should I then drive on the road, do I then need drivers license, what's the limit and how to put the limit, should it be the weight of the scooter, motor power, maximum speed, etc.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Yeah, it's funny and unbelievable, but in many countries electric scooters are one big gray area. It's difficult to put everything in the law, as everything is rapidly changing and evolving. For example, my scooter is faster than many smaller motorcycles, should I then drive on the road, do I then need drivers license, what's the limit and how to put the limit, should it be the weight of the scooter, motor power, maximum speed, etc.
    The answer to this should be yes.

The popularity would go down a lot. It's one of the main perks anyone can drive them I'd imagine. But it's silly really. There need to be laws in place. It's not like e-scooters are only around for a few months...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    In the UK they can't be used on roads as they don't have signals. I'm sure your country must have some laws based on basic common sense. Also, if yours doesn't have signals then it sounds like a death wish taking it onto the road. People often drive poorly here, and in my experience our driving standards and road safety are higher than a lot of Europe. Obviously you need a driving license to drive on any road, if the vehicle is road worthy.

I've seen people riding them here and also places like London. People haven't got a clue how to use them. Put that onto the road and you end up with serious injuries and deaths. I think the idea is to use bike lanes and restrict the speed, but in my experience they are a nuisance because of lack of experience riding them.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
    Bikes don't have signals either, but I have no problem driving and signalling with my hand, could be the same for the scooters, although I've literally driven one only once, so I've no idea if its safe to wave around while driving it :D

OP
    Oggy

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
  • Thread Starter #32
    In the UK they can't be used on roads as they don't have signals. I'm sure your country must have some laws based on basic common sense. Also, if yours doesn't have signals then it sounds like a death wish taking it onto the road. People often drive poorly here, and in my experience our driving standards and road safety are higher than a lot of Europe. Obviously you need a driving license to drive on any road, if the vehicle is road worthy.

I've seen people riding them here and also places like London. People haven't got a clue how to use them. Put that onto the road and you end up with serious injuries and deaths. I think the idea is to use bike lanes and restrict the speed, but in my experience they are a nuisance because of lack of experience riding them.
    I was talking about stronger models that can reach the speed of motor vehicles. And I agree they should be treated like bikes with limited maximum speed.

They are highly practical (in my case) for short distances up to 10km and are joy to ride.

Bikes don't have signals either, but I have no problem driving and signalling with my hand, could be the same for the scooters, although I've literally driven one only once, so I've no idea if its safe to wave around while driving it :D
    Yeah, NO!!! It's really hard and dangerous to signal with a hand while driving it.

- - - Updated - - -

3D4B9E83-95EC-44C9-AFE7-F699D059203D.jpeg

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I was talking about stronger models that can reach the speed of motor vehicles. And I agree they should be treated like bikes with limited maximum speed.

They are highly practical (in my case) for short distances up to 10km and are joy to ride.

3D4B9E83-95EC-44C9-AFE7-F699D059203D.jpeg
    Looks nice, where is it?

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
    All I can say is avoid riding one of those if and when in Los Angeles, the driving of those things here is terrifyingly dangerous...what do you expect when driving becomes a secondary task while people check their insta or some other stupid shit they think is more important than not killing others.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It's dangerous here in Lisbon with the tourists flying down hills on them. No brakes.

I was crossing a crosswalk on foot recently, and this guy was either making a beeline for me or trying to be cute and strafe me with a close cut. I was left to stiff-arm my elbow in the direction of his face, basically telling them if he's coming close enough to hit me he will take any impact face-first.

The guy swerved at the minute in a wide loop around me. Totally unnnecessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)