Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (9 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Regardless of what your thoughts are on the MB, supporting the actions of the military makes you a lot worse than the MB. Maybe the MB wasn't heading Egypt in the right direction, but supporting a military coup against an elected government 12 months after it was elected is wrong and indefensible at all levels.

People like Bisco even have the audacity to say they have "no sympathy" for 50 lives that have perished because they were MB "sympathisers", yet they accuse their opposition of being heartless murderers. Comments such as those are nothing short of criminal, no matter which side makes those comments. I'm sure that sort of mentality will bring a prosperous future for Egypt and its people.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,603
    Regardless of what your thoughts are on the MB, supporting the actions of the military makes you a lot worse than the MB. Maybe the MB wasn't heading Egypt in the right direction, but supporting a military coup against an elected government 12 months after it was elected is wrong and indefensible at all levels.

People like Bisco even have the audacity to say they have "no sympathy" for 50 lives that have perished because they were MB "sympathisers", yet they accuse their opposition of being heartless murderers. Comments such as those are nothing short of criminal, no matter which side makes those comments. I'm sure that sort of mentality will bring a prosperous future for Egypt and its people.
    Brilliant post

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

A post from a man who can enjoy basic liberties.

Edit: And Bisco never said what you implied.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    What are your thoughts on Bassem Yousef's show being stopped, Do you think the current regime had anything to do with it?

I thought the MB were undemocratic by attempting to take Bassem's show off air, but the military succeeded where the MB failed here. Despite CBC saying they cancelled the show because it "violated their editorial policies", but I think its too much of a coincidence that it got suspended after the first episode where he criticized the media's glorification of the military.

What do you think?
    I'm annoyed at the show being stopped firstly because I'm a huge fan of his, secondly because three of his crew are Friends of mine and are very smart and gifted people who really want to educate Egyptians and show them you can't build your opinion from one source, that source being state and/or religious TV shows. I personally don'tv think sisi had anything to do with this per say however he should have stepped in and supported this show. There are rumors the other TV presenters whom many are bashed for there unprofessionalism and wanking for Mubarak's Regime are the focal point of bassems show, and hence pushed the idea of shutting the show down. You also have a massive sisi fan base, that backs this up. Bassem didn't make fun of the military nor its figures but actually made fun of how egyptains create there on pharoahs. When egyptains love some one sadly we can't take any bashing. The episode made fun of how egyptains show there feelings of love to sisi who is considered by many as a savior and hero.

There is talk bassem will return but on another channel so let's wait and see.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

I'll reply to this as soon as I get off using my cell phone because I think you are seeing things from your point of view whilst sitting at the comfort of your couch with no real knowledge of how things were under " the elected pres" who by the way the same pres people who demonstrated against him actually voted for just a year ago.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Yeah, I thought killing that show -- especially at this stage -- was pretty Authoritarian, regardless who is in charge.
    No two ways about it. It was a stupid move from everyone who was involved and the military owe to have invested after the show was canceled to assure people there basic rights were supported but instead the military just denied it's involvement and acted as by standers in what I think was piss poor PR on the behalf and kind of reminds me of the military council that came to the scene after Mubarak got the boot.

Jul 2, 2006
    What are your thoughts on Bassem Yousef's show being stopped, Do you think the current regime had anything to do with it?

I thought the MB were undemocratic by attempting to take Bassem's show off air, but the military succeeded where the MB failed here. Despite CBC saying they cancelled the show because it "violated their editorial policies", but I think its too much of a coincidence that it got suspended after the first episode where he criticized the media's glorification of the military.

What do you think?
    It has nothing to do with Sisi.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I'm annoyed at the show being stopped firstly because I'm a huge fan of his, secondly because three of his crew are Friends of mine and are very smart and gifted people who really want to educate Egyptians and show them you can't build your opinion from one source, that source being state and/or religious TV shows. I personally don'tv think sisi had anything to do with this per say however he should have stepped in and supported this show. There are rumors the other TV presenters whom many are bashed for there unprofessionalism and wanking for Mubarak's Regime are the focal point of bassems show, and hence pushed the idea of shutting the show down. You also have a massive sisi fan base, that backs this up. Bassem didn't make fun of the military nor its figures but actually made fun of how egyptains create there on pharoahs. When egyptains love some one sadly we can't take any bashing. The episode made fun of how egyptains show there feelings of love to sisi who is considered by many as a savior and hero.

There is talk bassem will return but on another channel so let's wait and see.
    1. I agree, I watched the show, and he didn't really make fun of Sisi per say, but the way the Egyptians glorify him. Its widespread among Arabs really, the glorification of leaders.

2. I'm also of the opinion that Sisi probably did not have any direct involvement in cancelling Bassem's show, but the people that did, did it because in their eyes he was "making fun of a national symbol". Sisi and the Military should have stepped in like you said, because by allowing the show to be cancelled for the aforementioned reason, they are implicitly condoning media gagging imo, which is dangerous at this point in Egypt's history. Moreover CBS actually proved Bassem's point even more.

Bassem silenced a lot of the critics who used to say he only made fun of the MB, and for that he's gained a lot of respect in my book. These kind of media figures are a breath of fresh air in the Arab world.

- - - Updated - - -

It has nothing to do with Sisi.

To be honest, thats the language and logic military people are trained on. Orders, discipline and power, liberties and freedom is not a language they are used to :p, thats why Egyptians should push for a transition of power as soon as possible to civilian hands. the military has played its role, but now its time for the power to transition completely to civilian hands.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    2. I'm also of the opinion that Sisi probably did not have any direct involvement in cancelling Bassem's show, but the people that did, did it because in their eyes he was "making fun of a national symbol". Sisi and the Military should have stepped in like you said, because by allowing the show to be cancelled for the aforementioned reason, they are implicitly condoning media gagging imo, which is dangerous at this point in Egypt's history. Moreover CBS actually proved Bassem's point even more.

Bassem silenced a lot of the critics who used to say he only made fun of the MB, and for that he's gained a lot of respect in my book. These kind of media figures are a breath of fresh air in the Arab world.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, thats the language and logic military people are trained on. Orders, discipline and power, liberties and freedom is not a language they are used to :p, thats why Egyptians should push for a transition of power as soon as possible to civilian hands. the military has played its role, but now its time for the power to transition completely to civilian hands.
    Just like they had no role during Morsi's time in:

1 - increased fuel prices
    2 - lack of availability of flour to make bread
    3- intermittent electricity supplies

all of which magically disappeared following the coup of course.

It's terribly obvious that Mubarak's mates are still running the country. On the other side of the coin it seems that MB were not the way forward for the country either. Having said that, usurping an elected government, again, is a coup and should not be tolerated. You have to live up to your own standards, instead of having your cake and eating it.

What's obvious to the general Western observer is that the Egyptian people, sorry to say, are easily influenced by either side of the political spectrum and behave like infants when things don't go their way. I know Egyptians will take offence to that but sometimes you have to face up to the truth.

Naturally Egyptians are going to respond "you're not here, you're not Egyptian, you have no idea what you're talking about" because they're caught in the emotions of it all. But truth is truth, Egyptians needs to learn to respect that not everyone in their society has their views on politics, philosophy and religion, and it's easy to live with people who don't share everything you do. Agree to disagree, and when it gets too heated, talk about overseas news, the weather, sports, and, to use an Aussie expression "she'll be right mate!"

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Just like they had no role during Morsi's time in:

1 - increased fuel prices
    2 - lack of availability of flour to make bread
    3- intermittent electricity supplies

all of which magically disappeared following the coup of course.

It's terribly obvious that Mubarak's mates are still running the country. On the other side of the coin it seems that MB were not the way forward for the country either. Having said that, usurping an elected government, again, is a coup and should not be tolerated. You have to live up to your own standards, instead of having your cake and eating it.

What's obvious to the general Western observer is that the Egyptian people, sorry to say, are easily influenced by either side of the political spectrum and behave like infants when things don't go their way. I know Egyptians will take offence to that but sometimes you have to face up to the truth.
    My opinion is not due to the military's merit, its because I'm of the opinion that they didn't have to have direct involvement, ironically enough the very point Bassem was making in his last show;how Egyptians glorify their leaders, put them on a pedestal and make them pharoah's, that very fact led to Bassem's downfall. The military didn't need to be directly involved, CBS did it for them.

While I'm not a fan of the military at all, theres no denying that it appears that the majority of Egyptians love Sisy and the Military right now.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    My opinion is not due to the military's merit, its because I'm of the opinion that they didn't have to have direct involvement, ironically enough the very point Bassem was making in his last show;how Egyptians glorify their leaders, put them on a pedestal and make them pharoah's, that very fact led to Bassem's downfall. The military didn't need to be directly involved, CBS did it for them.

While I'm not a fan of the military at all, theres no denying that it appears that the majority of Egyptians love Sisy and the Military right now.
    That's possibly true, but what some of them don't realise is that, supporting the military in all its actions will eventually lead to a military totalitarian state where no ones views or rights are respected, which may already be the case actually.

Jul 2, 2006
    That's why they should stay in their barracks or eventually they will end up in jail(or hanged in some countries). In this case, Insha'Allah, Sisi of Zion will live long enough to see that day.

Let's not kid ourselves, elections will be a theatre, a puppet will rule this tribe according to instructions of puppeteer. Tribe because only in tribes, he who holds the gun, holds the power. It will go on like this until the revolution is complete. They will keep manipulating ignorant masses via their economic power. As long as this corrupt army hold its power, same events will be repeated until they get their man elected who will ensure Egypt keep it's status as a colony.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/08/20138435433181894.html
    Imagine similiar shit going on in Europe or USA. But it's ok for Egypt, as long as the army keep their Muslim slaves in control so West can suck them dry.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

firstly you seem to insist on it being a coup even though people went in massive numbers to the street to remove him!!! ( actually more people showed up to remove the clown that is morsy compared to the numbers that toke out to the streets to remove mubarak) i wont argue this point because it has been addressed in this very thread a million times from egyptains and non egyptains a like.

you then mention me and my comments about not feeling any sympathy for the mb and there brain washed and deceived supporters. why dont i sympathize with the people who lost there lives?

1- these people where not killed by surprise mind you, they were warned over and over and over and over ( for one complete month) yet they opted to stay in there sit in.

2- you are sensitive about the people who lost there lives yet you don't mention the lives of people whose life turned into hell due to them having there sit in.

3- if i was an mb sympathizer ( god forbid) and i happened to be in the sit in and noticed there where indiviuals with weapons i would fuck off and leave!!! yet they decieded to stay.....

4- with all due to respect if you were met with bullets i doubt you will think about the mb and there feelings yet you will fire back.

5- the heads of the mb were not touched!!! bec they herded them like the sheep they are and they ran off!! for the love of god there heads where caught with no fighting back!!!!!!!

6- i dont see you crying day or night for the egyptains who loose there life on daily basis in sinai on the hands of extremists, who support the mb. actually the mb admitted openly they were behind those attacks!!

7- they r a bunch of traitors, when you want to break up your own countries army like they did in syria, or have a civil war i'm sorry you have no business with egyptains what so ever.

8- the mb have nothing to do with islam, i know you r not turk and you wont throw that weak and lame card at me, but just in case.

9- sorry remind me, who was the first one to ditch the youth in the rev back in feb of 2011 and sat on the same table with mubaraks regime and they very same military you seem to despise?? it was the mb who struck deals with them and ditched them ages ago!!!

10- what about the people who got killed by the mb in december of 2012??? how about the people paraded in the street like victims of war by the mb and there supporters???

any way the mb and there allies qatar got it hard here and life moved on. yes i hate the publicity morons who sport the 4 finger sign gets but its a piss poor attempt by the mb to gain sympathy. thats the story of mb, they surivived thanks to sympathy and they myth they were brutally treated, yet they showed how much of a failure they are.

as for the army i respect them, and yes i dont want them to rule, nor do i want sisi to have any rule in egypt but in fact just remain the minister of defense and not venture into politics.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why they should stay in their barracks or eventually they will end up in jail(or hanged in some countries). In this case, Insha'Allah, Sisi of Zion will live long enough to see that day.

Let's not kid ourselves, elections will be a theatre, a puppet will rule this tribe according to instructions of puppeteer. Tribe because only in tribes, he who holds the gun, holds the power. It will go on like this until the revolution is complete. They will keep manipulating ignorant masses via their economic power. As long as this corrupt army hold its power, same events will be repeated until they get their man elected who will ensure Egypt keep it's status as a colony.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/08/20138435433181894.html
    Imagine similiar shit going on in Europe or USA. But it's ok for Egypt, as long as the army keep their Muslim slaves in control so West can suck them dry.

i cant wait to hear where you have to say turk when the turn comes to turkey because its on its way..... egypt a tribe :lol: you r a genius.

- - - Updated - - -

when in doubt throw the victim card is turks motto. war on islam, war on muslims, repeat.... you see thats what the mb live on. the problem is, and what turk does'nt want to understand is that the mb were used by every one with an agenda yet they insist its a war on islam. hmm i wonder what was the founder of the mb doing with the nazi germans?? or the brits??

Jul 2, 2006
    i cant wait to hear where you have to say turk when the turn comes to turkey because its on its way..... egypt a tribe :lol: you r a genius.
    Egypt currently a tribe because these are only happening in a tribe;

1- these people where not killed by surprise mind you, they were warned over and over and over and over ( for one complete month) yet they opted to stay in there sit in.

2- you are sensitive about the people who lost there lives yet you don't mention the lives of people whose life turned into hell due to them having there sit in.

You may not notice but it's already our turn. Normalization will be fully complete once this new generation preserved from kemalist indoctrination is ready.

Who is gonna realize your long waited coup d'etat? This former head of army?

I guess not.

Egyptian are also capable of doing what we achieved in last 10 years, they can break their chains against their pharaoh as well. Now, i wonder what will you say when Muslims return to power in Egypt like shaved beard, stronger than before. Because, as you said, it's on its way.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    You may not notice but it's already our turn. Normalization will be fully complete once this new generation preserved from kemalist indoctrination is ready.

Holy shit :lol:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Yet another train accident toke place in Egypt the past two days and there is no morsy to blame .. If we are to be honest the people responsible for this FAILURE! SHOULD BE HELD accountable. This includes the mummified prime minster, president, and the incompetent minister of transport. The freaking youth needs to be given a chance, for the love of God ever since the days of the king Egypt has been governed by the elderly who not only lack creativity but more importantly lack the balls to make drastic changes which are needed to this collapsing system ruling Egypt. Until then we will be worth close to nothing, the leading cause of death for Egyptian's still remains death in transport related accidents. I lost my own sister due to them and almost lost my mother due to sheer carelessness and ignorance. It's time the republic of senile seniors goes with out return or we will be wiring more pages in history on how much of a failure this nation has become. The four fingers and the songs of praise for sisi will not change Egypt for the best, Burt it's the youth of this country that will make us leap back to being a country let alone a successful one where people live out to see there life to the fullest. Really sad to see this still happening...... I'm afraid this won't be the last of accidents if we don't set our goals right and instead of bandaid fixes we remove the root of all these problems which is carelessness and incompetence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)