Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (13 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
Only good thing in all of this, everyone showed their true nature.

Here is the difference between a human beign and something else i can't describe.

Letter from Dr Mohamed Beltaji to his martyred daughter

Below is a translation of the original letter:

My beloved daughter and dignified teacher Asma al-Beltaji; I do not say goodbye to you; I say tomorrow we shall meet again.

You have lived with your head held high, rebellious against tyranny and shackles and loving freedom. You have lived as a silent seeker of new horizons to rebuild this nation to assume its place among civilizations.

You never occupied yourself with what preoccupies those of your age. Even though traditional studies failed to fulfil your aspirations and interest; you have always been the first in your class.

I have not had enough of your precious company in this short life, especially that my time did not allow me to enjoy your companionship. The last time we sat together at Rabaa Al Adawiya square you asked me "even when you are with us you are busy" and I told you "it seems that this life will not be enough to enjoy each other's company so I pray to God that we enjoy our companionship in paradise."

Two nights before you were murdered I saw you in my dream in a white wedding dress and you were an icon of beauty. When you lay next to me I asked you "Is it your wedding night?" You answered, "It is in the noon not the evening". When they told me you were murdered on Wednesday afternoon I understood what you meant and I knew God had accepted your soul as a martyr. You strengthened my belief that we are on the truth and our enemy is on falsehood.

It caused me severe pain not to be at your last farewell and see you for the last time; not to kiss your forehead; and not be honoured to lead your funeral prayer. I swear to God, my darling I was not afraid for my life or from an unjust prison, but I wanted to carry the message you scarified your soul for; to complete the revolution, to win and achieve its objectives.

Your soul has been elevated with your head held high resisting the tyrants. The treacherous bullets have hit you in the chest. What spectacularly determined and pure soul. I am confident that you were honest to God and He has chosen you among us to honour you with sacrifice.

Finally, my beloved daughter and dignified teacher:

I do not say goodbye, but I say farewell. We shall meet soon with our beloved Prophet and his companions in Heaven where our wish to enjoy each other's company and our loved ones' company will come true.
http://www.middleeastmonitor.com/ne...m-dr-mohamed-beltaji-to-his-martyred-daughter

and

good riddance i am actually un touched by this loss of life, yes tragic but her blood is on the hands of her father GOD IS WATCHING!!!! p.s who told you i.m un baised?? i'm biased towards my country, religion, people and army
what can i do if she is tooooooo dumb as to not leave the sit in when they have been warned over and over again!!

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
As saddening as that is, why'd you quote Bisco ? I'm pretty sure he didn't mean what he said. Anger makes people say things they don't really mean.

Jul 2, 2006
As saddening as that is, why'd you quote Bisco ? I'm pretty sure he didn't mean what he said. Anger makes people say things they don't really mean.
When i say something you don't like i am the bigot, idiot, extremist, radical(not that i have said something half bad as this) but when it is your fella say something like this, he didn't mean it. :hi:

Who gave him right to be angry anyway? I have lost a sister but he is the one vomitting hate after siding with murderer.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
When i say something you don't like i am the bigot, idiot, extremist, radical(not that i have said something half bad as this) but when it is your fella say something like this, he didn't mean it. :hi:

Who gave him right to be angry anyway? I have lost a sister but he is the one vomitting hate after siding with murderer.
I'm sorry for your loss honestly and I mean it put a side all the politics here. how ever as Eddy said at moments of anger, worry, and more importantly being in a country with violence going on you can't but worry about your country and the well being of your nation. Ask rami, snoop, gaith, rab, eddy, abed, Hamid(boner), any one who belongs to a nation on the brink of civil war or a true war how they would feel knowing your own family and friends can be killed and for what a political reason. The Muslim brother hood used people Turk, and when they got caught they acted like they had nothing to do with these crimes at all and the very fact they had weapons even though before getting caught they were threatening people they will create blood bath. While we are at it, what do we tell the mother's and father's and friends of the soliders who got killed???? Blood of any egyptain is precious but when a group or individual life morsy doesn't care about the blood they might get spilled then we are dealing with criminals not sane humans. I've tried many times to explain this to you while I was still in Egypt and after I left that it's not what aljazeerah portrays but you are head strong on believing Muslims are targeted when in reality it's Egyptians who are being targeted. I've tried to explain the egyptain armed forces mean everything to us because they are from the people, they are the very reason non of us have to take up arms to protect our family's and homes... You have not tried the feeling of standing in the street defending your house and family from the unknown with nothing more than a broom stick!!! I tried it and I assure you it's not funny it's not like the movies hell even a machine gun being fired in reality is more scary than in the movies, it will have you say all the prayers you know just in case it's your last minute on earth. There are things I went thru on the 28th of January along with every egyptain on this forum that I will never forget among those is the fact I had to stand in the street in harms way because that's what you have to do to protect the people who mean the world to you. The egyptain army has its mistakess but non the less they are our armed forces just ask the Syrians and Iraqis about how they feel about losing there armed forces, so you understand. When a group doesn't care about the unity of there countries army or the unity of the very land this country stands on then we have a serious problem. This army was shattered in 67 and rebuilt with our father's blood and sweat so that me and my children don't have to face danger and have a future despite the set backs of the past 30 years.

I think o have every right to care because it's my country any human being would do the same had this'd happened to his country.

One last point, Turk you have issues to address regarding hearing what people who don't belong to your faith have to say... Make no mistake this forum is blessed with good people who really care and if you don't believe in this check the early pages of this very thread. People like swag, Abel, and hoori to name just a few of the many who showed me serious and honest care and concern don't have anything against my ethnicity, my color, or faith but do so because of there good nature and that luckily doesn't come with a religious tag it comes from there pure inner intentions. Don't think the world is out to get us, it's us who failed when we started categorizing people according to faith, and developed this paranoia that they want the worse for us. As a Muslim your main role is to set a good example for others and even if they disagree with your beliefs you never let this cloud the human nature god put in you.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I wonder if we showed erdogan a letter from a soldiers mother from the ones killed on the hands of mb militia would he cry on TV the way he did with those four fingers on the upper right corner of the TV screen?
Or the Christian girl killed right outside a church ib Cairo??

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Only good thing in all of this, everyone showed their true nature.

Here is the difference between a human beign and something else i can't describe.
You really are something. As I see it, you define yourself as a muslim and your heritage is Islam. Is it wrong? Maybe not, but it's something I will never understand personally (and yes, Denmark is a non secular country).
The problem is that you've chosen some extremist views (you and Breivik probably have a lot in common).

Am I wrong about you? Then why are you calling people, who disagrees with you, Muslim haters? Why do you keep talking about Muslim and non Muslims instead of looking at the individual?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I wish I had a black and white picture of the world in every single aspect of life. How much easier my life would've been if I had one person, a country or an ethnicity to blame for all the woes my family suffered. Too bad it ain't like that.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I wish I had a black and white picture of the world in every single aspect of life. How much easier my life would've been if I had one person, a country or an ethnicity to blame for all the woes my family suffered. Too bad it ain't like that.
Det kan ikke blive skåret mere ud i pap for ham.

Edit: Sorry about the Danish. Translate, Nzoric.

Jul 2, 2006
I'm sorry for your loss honestly and I mean it put a side all the politics here. how ever as Eddy said at moments of anger, worry, and more importantly being in a country with violence going on you can't but worry about your country and the well being of your nation. Ask rami, snoop, gaith, rab, eddy, abed, Hamid(boner), any one who belongs to a nation on the brink of civil war or a true war how they would feel knowing your own family and friends can be killed and for what a political reason. The Muslim brother hood used people Turk, and when they got caught they acted like they had nothing to do with these crimes at all and the very fact they had weapons even though before getting caught they were threatening people they will create blood bath. While we are at it, what do we tell the mother's and father's and friends of the soliders who got killed???? Blood of any egyptain is precious but when a group or individual life morsy doesn't care about the blood they might get spilled then we are dealing with criminals not sane humans. I've tried many times to explain this to you while I was still in Egypt and after I left that it's not what aljazeerah portrays but you are head strong on believing Muslims are targeted when in reality it's Egyptians who are being targeted. I've tried to explain the egyptain armed forces mean everything to us because they are from the people, they are the very reason non of us have to take up arms to protect our family's and homes... You have not tried the feeling of standing in the street defending your house and family from the unknown with nothing more than a broom stick!!! I tried it and I assure you it's not funny it's not like the movies hell even a machine gun being fired in reality is more scary than in the movies, it will have you say all the prayers you know just in case it's your last minute on earth. There are things I went thru on the 28th of January along with every egyptain on this forum that I will never forget among those is the fact I had to stand in the street in harms way because that's what you have to do to protect the people who mean the world to you. The egyptain army has its mistakess but non the less they are our armed forces just ask the Syrians and Iraqis about how they feel about losing there armed forces, so you understand. When a group doesn't care about the unity of there countries army or the unity of the very land this country stands on then we have a serious problem. This army was shattered in 67 and rebuilt with our father's blood and sweat so that me and my children don't have to face danger and have a future despite the set backs of the past 30 years.

I think o have every right to care because it's my country any human being would do the same had this'd happened to his country.

One last point, Turk you have issues to address regarding hearing what people who don't belong to your faith have to say... Make no mistake this forum is blessed with good people who really care and if you don't believe in this check the early pages of this very thread. People like swag, Abel, and hoori to name just a few of the many who showed me serious and honest care and concern don't have anything against my ethnicity, my color, or faith but do so because of there good nature and that luckily doesn't come with a religious tag it comes from there pure inner intentions. Don't think the world is out to get us, it's us who failed when we started categorizing people according to faith, and developed this paranoia that they want the worse for us. As a Muslim your main role is to set a good example for others and even if they disagree with your beliefs you never let this cloud the human nature god put in you.
Before accusing someone for blinded by politics, you should realize you're no way less blinded than them. Not even %1 of the protesters were armed and i can understand the psychology of those %1. Even most peaceful living being, human or animal, when cornered and unable to find a way out, will strike no matter how big is enemy, without thinking about consequences. Not only you robbed them their right to vote, you also robbed them their democratic right to raise voice against it. For a second try to understand. What would happen the guy you voted for getting arrested by Islamist head of army and when you go down to streets to protest with your beloved ones you're witnessing his/her death? Even if some of them were armed, this doesn't give you right to kill people randomly, doesn't justify killing nearly 2000. You mentioned Gezi protest. First of all nature of these two protests are different. One aimed the topple the elected government, other were protesting to defend their right to vote. Secondly, not a single protester killed purposely, 5 died accidentally, car crash, a policemen shot a protestor in head while shooting into air because a stone hit him(there is video evidence), only one of them died 20 days after getting beaten by 4 civilians and a police in backstreet. All of them arrested. How many of your 'security forces' faced justice after killing 2000?

You had chance to reason with Muslim Brotherhood but instead you tried to exterminate them. By doing so, you have destroyed the buffer zone between you and the people you call 'terrorists'. Are you ignorant enough to hope finish off a mass movement like this by killing and arresting? and i am the one who is supposed to be ignorant here.

Dirty history of coup d'etat in this geography tells us one thing; None of them acted without permission of foreign powers and none of them acted for the country but for the benefits of their masters. They were always 'stabilizers' of the region. Insurance of west dominion. Whenever things seemed as getting out of hand, so called armies came out of their barracks to keep people in control. Maybe it will take years for you to understand but you will regret the day you supported them.

I don't categorize people. As in one of my posts, i have said i am excluding those non-muslims who showed big heart in this case. I am posting articles of a non-muslim Robert Fisk. Once i have posted an article from an Armenian, you have accused of him being interloper. They are ok if they are with you but when they disagree, they are interlopers and this is an internal matter. You must accept the fact, most of the members here were almost always in sarcastic tone, when they disagree with me they replied with stupid jokes and insults. Even some like Martin acted like child and joined their mockery. Most of them couldn't pass the humanity test. Being a Muslim was not necessary to show sympathy for victims, just being a human was enough.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Turk, I'll leave the situation in Egypt behind for a moment, so I want you to excuse me for the off topic talk.

But did you wonder why lots of those who argue with you in this thread are actually people who consider themselves Muslim? And why, 50 years ago, the number of Muslims who'd disagree with you would have been much smaller than today's number?
I assume that you'll find the reason in the globalization, and in some plot by the "masters" to weaken the Muslim tissue, by brainwashing some lost Muslims into thinking that the bad is actually progressive. But don't you, ever for a second, accept as a possibility the fact that these same people see you as a regressive force, whose understanding of the world is the reason why they, their families and their countries can't develop? You are actually a personification of their problems, of the things that forced them to immigrate, the things that push them and their countries back in some past century, and that's why it is them that disagree with you the most. Not me, Martin or Nzoric, but them. Then you call them non-Muslims, and you create an even bigger gap between you and them, directly contributing to the weakening of Islam. I know for a fact that all of them will be angry and deeply insulted if I make fun of Islam. They are definitely Muslim. So try to get closer to them and be more open minded to their ideas and vision of the future. That's how You'll become much stronger.

Jul 2, 2006
Turk, I'll leave the situation in Egypt behind for a moment, so I want you to excuse me for the off topic talk.

But did you wonder why lots of those who argue with you in this thread are actually people who consider themselves Muslim? And why, 50 years ago, the number of Muslims who'd disagree with you would have been much smaller than today's number?
I assume that you'll find the reason in the globalization, and in some plot by the "masters" to weaken the Muslim tissue, by brainwashing some lost Muslims into thinking that the bad is actually progressive. But don't you, ever for a second, accept as a possibility the fact that these same people see you as a regressive force, whose understanding of the world is the reason why they, their families and their countries can't develop? You are actually a personification of their problems, of the things that forced them to immigrate, the things that push them and their countries back in some past century, and that's why it is them that disagree with you the most. Not me, Martin or Nzoric, but them. Then you call them non-Muslims, and you create an even bigger gap between you and them, directly contributing to the weakening of Islam. I know for a fact that all of them will be angry and deeply insulted if I make fun of Islam. They are definitely Muslim. So try to get closer to them and be more open minded to their ideas and vision of the future. That's how You'll become much stronger.
It was Mubarak, Assad, Saddam, Kaddafi prevented their countries from development. Last time i checked none of them were Islamist. In last 10 years Türkiye developed more than it did in past 80 years. :boh:

Those 'masters' would only like to have an economical development in these countries for two reasons. To sell more of their stuff with higher price and with full stomach, none will think about an uprising.

As for Muslims disagree with me
Actually you would see most of the Muslims agreeing with me but like in my country, most of them are not using internet. They are the silent majority. If you check the polls in social media before elections, you would think CHP gonna win it with %70. Inside story is different.

West supported the thing called Arab spring in the beginning but when they realized the will of people are Islamist parties, they turned against it. That's why Assad survived this long because US now know, it will be another Islamic government elected by Syrians after Assad is gone.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Wasn't the whole idea of Israel about promised lands? Hostility towards non-jews based on what is written in your book? Goyim can be killed, raped, they are there to serve you? This is what written in your book and how your ''founding fathers'' acted according to. Israel are most fundamentalist state in the world yet they are marketing their shit so good, one has to admit.
I'ts way off-topic but the This post disturb me greatly so I will say it here once and we can take it to another thread if you want to debate it further.

This is a quote from our decleration of independence:

...it will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations....
...in the very midst of the onslaught launched against us now for months – to the Arab inhabitants of the State of Israel to preserve peace and participate in the upbuilding of the State on the basis of full and equal citizenship and due representation in all its provisional and permanent institutions. We extend our hand to all neighbouring states and their peoples in an offer of peace and good neighbourliness, and appeal to them to establish bonds of cooperation and mutual help with the sovereign Jewish people settled in its own land. The State of Israel is prepared to do its share in a common effort for the advancement of the entire Middle East.
Our arab minority by law have every right as any other citizen, Is there a level of discrimination in israel? yes there is unfortunately and we can still do alot in that regard as a country to improve that aspect but be sincere for a moment, In what country minoritys don't suffer from discrimination on some level?

One more fun fact, do you know that more then 50% of Israeli-Arabs that vote are voting for non-arab partys? what you make of that?

And from our "book" that you probably know nothing about:

To those that live in your land you live in, is not shortchange him: As a citizen you shall be unto Hagar (Goy who lives in Israel), Hagar you love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt ": Leviticus 9:6
And unlike yourself, we understand that some elements of our religion are outdated, you won't find a single rabi in israel that advocates slavery (and even slavery then wasn;t the same as the modern concept, it was with pay and for a limited time) .And Rape? :lol: one of the worst things a jew can do according to the bible is sleep with a goy, so rape them? you can do better dude

Beside all that our country was founded not by following a devine mandate or a some ancient idea about a "promised land" but out of necessity, our "founding fathers" as you put it were all very secular men, most of them came from eastern europe which was very secular at the time and after the holocaust they saw it as their mission to found a safe country for jews to live in, if it wasn't for the holocaust jews would have still been mostly religious and they wouldn't have founded this country as the thora clearly says that only when the Messiah comes our pepole will be back to that "promised land".
I live here, you trying to sell israel as a fundamentalist country simply has no hold in reality, we might be called many names and some of them might even be right to some extants but fundamentalist is very far from it, we don't burn mosques or churchs like your friends in the MB

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Then why are you calling people, who disagrees with you, Muslim haters? Why do you keep talking about Muslim and non Muslims instead of looking at the individual?
Because the character of a man is nothing more than the checkbox of his religious affiliation, silly.

Holy crap, that was deep. Seriously, some classic Alen. :)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I'ts way off-topic but the This post disturb me greatly so I will say it here once and we can take it to another thread if you want to debate it further.

This is a quote from our decleration of independence:

Our arab minority by law have every right as any other citizen, Is there a level of discrimination in israel? yes there is unfortunately and we can still do alot in that regard as a country to improve that aspect but be sincere for a moment, In what country minoritys don't suffer from discrimination on some level?

One more fun fact, do you know that more then 50% of Israeli-Arabs that vote are voting for non-arab partys? what you make of that?

And from our "book" that you probably know nothing about:

And unlike yourself, we understand that some elements of our religion are outdated, you won't find a single rabi in israel that advocates slavery (and even slavery then wasn;t the same as the modern concept, it was with pay and for a limited time) .And Rape? :lol: one of the worst things a jew can do according to the bible is sleep with a goy, so rape them? you can do better dude

Beside all that our country was founded not by following a devine mandate or a some ancient idea about a "promised land" but out of necessity, our "founding fathers" as you put it were all very secular men, most of them came from eastern europe which was very secular at the time and after the holocaust they saw it as their mission to found a safe country for jews to live in, if it wasn't for the holocaust jews would have still been mostly religious and they wouldn't have founded this country as the thora clearly says that only when the Messiah comes our pepole will be back to that "promised land".
I live here, you trying to sell israel as a fundamentalist country simply has no hold in reality, we might be called many names and some of them might even be right to some extants but fundamentalist is very far from it, we don't burn mosques or churchs like your friends in the MB
I'm not really sure what Turk's been saying but I find it odd that he's mocking Jewish belief based on the Torah because as Muslims we believe in the Bible and the Torah. In fact Jews & Christians are referred to as "People of the Book". We believe their contents and the way they're interpreted have been altered but that's a different story.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I don't think you can gather a statistic from a forum based on anti Turk Muslim members and come to a conclusion that easily. I can't say I always agree with Turk but being a Muslim myself there is a lot of truth in what he says. Unfortunately it is and will always come down to the whose right. This can't be decided on a forum, face, mosques or in parliaments and this is why a lot of this discussion I find futile. If you don't agree then just move, to you is yours and to me is mine. However I also understand the other side of the coin where it's important that the second side of the story is portrayed to those who are ignorant to it. But if Noone wants to listen and are stuck up then best save yourself or talk to someone who is either open minded or actually cares. Deaf, dumb and blind, need I say more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)