Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (10 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
who believe that anyone who oppose MB are non-Muslims or aethists... or Assad's supporters are all non-Muslims, from the little I know that is not true..

ok i apologize jukazem :) yes indeed not every one who opposes the mb is a non muslim many muslims all around the world object on there agenda and ideologies.

Jul 2, 2006
With all your intellect, please explain to me how they are not so similar to the Taliban.
Though there are many kind of of people in Free Syrian Army, they are mostly, what you call 'moderate'. That's why they are in trouble with groups like Al Queda and getting limited weapon support from USA. Do you think US and and its puppies are fool enough to help a new Taliban?

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
ok i apologize jukazem :) yes indeed not every one who opposes the mb is a non muslim many muslims all around the world object on there agenda and ideologies.
I know that, the conflict may not be as brutal in the rest of the Muslim world but the differences exist. I didn't want mb in power in the first place because I am well aware of the khilafat supporters, in the west especially. I don't support that at all. But I supported their political existence (in minority of course )so they are in check and don't go full Taliban. I don't know if that is possible now...

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Though there are many kind of of people in Free Syrian Army, they are mostly, what you call 'moderate'. That's they are in trouble with groups like Al Queda and getting limited weapon support from USA.
That still didn't explain my question on how Al-Queda and the Taliban are not so similar.

And the FSA don't need weapons from the US, they get them all from Saudi Arabia. Anyway, my thoughts on the Syrian crisis is that it's been hijacked and that it's not even a civil war anymore. It never is when foreigners are fighting against the government and proclaim they want to establish an Islamic Sunni caliphate on it's stead. Only a day or two ago they entered and fought the Kurds in their villages. Thankfully the Kurds won against these terrorists.

Jul 2, 2006
That still didn't explain my question on how Al-Queda and the Taliban are not so similar.

And the FSA don't need weapons from the US, they get them all from Saudi Arabia. Anyway, my thoughts on the Syrian crisis is that it's been hijacked and that it's not even a civil war anymore. It never is when foreigners are fighting against the government and proclaim they want to establish an Islamic Sunni caliphate on it's stead.
I have said FSA is not similiar to Taliban.

As if so called king of Saudi Arabia is able to take a shit without permisson of USA.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
When all this is dead and done and Assad somehow manages to bring back stability, I don't even know what he has in mind to retaliate against the Saudis :lol:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Please excuse my ignorance here as I am not very familiar with Islam (I was raised a catholic but am now pretty much Agnostic - moved from Catholic Light to - who I am I kidding, I am agnostic).

Anyway, to my question. Is there anything specific in the Quran about women. In other words, anything specific about them needing to wear a burqa once they are married? Anything specific about them not being allowed to drive or anything specific about the husband given the green light to assault them if they have committed adultery etc.

Not being judgmental here, just want to know the facts from people who have actually read the Quran.
Purdah ('curtain') is prescribed for both men and women but for women due to the obvious differences in our bodies covering up is necessary.

"Say to the believing men that they restrain their eyes and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Surely, Allah is well aware of what they do." (24:31)

"Say to the believing women that they restrain their looks and guard their private parts, and that they display not their beauty or their embellishment except that which is apparent thereof, and that they draw their head coverings over their bosoms....." (24:32)

There is nothing whatsoever that doesn't allow women to drive or as Turks indirect answer 'are forbidden to travel alone'. That's not true at all. However women are advised to travel with a male for their own protection...key word being advised.

As for wife beating, there is a serious misconception on this and sadly it's fault of ignorant Muslims and the spotlighting this in the media. I refer you tot his video:

http://youtu.be/x2mfGB2up-c?t=11m25s

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/women/long.html

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Turk and Ze, how do you interpret this verse?

4:59 "O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger and those of you who are in authority; and if ye have a dispute concerning any matter, refer it to Allah and the messenger if ye are (in truth) believers in Allah and the Last Day. That is better and more seemly in the end."
Read 626, that should answer your question.

Islam has such a disgusting view on women.

Hopefully we'll see free women in the modern Egypt.
Speak for yourself. Islam liberates women and saves them from sexual objectification and exploitation. It goes as far as directly tying entrance into paradise and respecting/honoring ones mother.

Jul 2, 2006
How some ordinary Egyptians became 'malicious terrorists’

It’s our dear friends the Saudis whom the Egyptian army and police can count on

Disgust, shame, outrage.

All these words apply to the disgrace of Egypt these past six weeks. A military coup, millions of enraged supporters of the democratically elected but deposed dictator – reports that indicate well over 1,000 Muslim Brotherhood sympathisers slaughtered by the security police – and what were we told by the authorities yesterday? That Egypt was subject to “a malicious terrorist plot”.

The language speaks for itself. Not just a common or garden “terrorist” plot – but a “terrorist” plot so terrible that it is “malicious”. Naturally, the government acquired this use of the “terrorist” word from Bush and Blair, another Western contribution to Arab culture. But it goes further. The country, we are now informed, is at the mercy of “extremist forces who want to create war”. You would think, on hearing this, that most of the dead these past six weeks were soldiers and policemen, whereas in fact most were unarmed demonstrators.

And who is to blame? Obama, of course, for “encouraging terrorism” by his wimpish complaints last week – so claim the Egyptian authorities. And our old friend, the “foreign media”. It is the infidel channels – including al-Jazeera – which has been feeding hatred into the land of the Pharaohs, according to the Egyptian press (which is now almost as wimpish as Obama in its fealty to its new rulers).

Outside the al-Fath mosque in Cairo on Saturday, supporters of the military were roughing up reporters and cameramen, Italians and Germans among them, and even al-Jazeera briefly high-tailed it from the scene. The Independent took its chances, with Alastair Beach inside the besieged mosque with the Brotherhood. Outside, I was wearing a scruffy tourist hat among the security thugs and Army supporters, where an Egyptian friend helped me – rather unkindly, I thought – by explaining to men with clubs that I was an elderly English tourist who had just popped out from his Cairo hotel to see what was going on. I kept my notebook and my mobile phone in my pocket. “Welcome to Cairo,” I was repeatedly told.

To be fair, let me just recount one little, heartening moment amid Saturday’s mosque drama. Two Egyptian men walked up to me and said, quite simply, that “it is very unfair to keep these people in the mosque without water and food. They are human beings just like us.” The men were not Morsi supporters, but didn’t seem too keen on the police. They were just good, decent, humane Egyptians, the kind we all hope are in the real majority.

But this leads me to remember a typically Obama-like piece of lying last week. It came when the US president decided to take a break from his golfing holiday to comment on the violence in Egypt. He described Morsi’s opponents – now represented by a general, Abdul-Fattah al-Sisi, who is also the defence minister and the deputy prime minister – as “many Egyptians, millions of Egyptians, perhaps even a majority of Egyptians”. And there you had it – Obama had credited the coup with a majority following.

How General al-Sisi – who speaks excellent American English – must have been delighted with this little set of code words.

And it’s odd, isn’t it, how the supposedly malicious journalists have been playing down the murderous actions of the Egyptian security cops. They were repeatedly referred to on Al-Jazeera last week as “armed men” – as if they were not in uniform and shooting from the roof of a police station. Western editorials have described Egyptian police killings as “heavy-handed’, as if Inspector Lewis and Sergeant Hathaway had biffed a few bad guys over the head.

A trustworthy friend of mine put it to me the other day that our Western leaders are so sick of the demonstrators that plague G8 summits – where the usual “terror” warnings always apply – that they have an innate sympathy with policemen and a built-in hatred of protesters.

But it’s our dear friends the Saudis whom the Egyptian army and police can count on for help. King Abdullah himself has promised billions of dollars for poor old Egypt, now that Qatari generosity has dried up. But Egyptians should beware Saudis bearing gifts. The House of Saud is not really interested in helping foreign armies – unless they are coming to save Saudi Arabia – but it is very much involved in supporting the Salafists of the Egyptian Noor party. It is the Noor religious fundamentalists who won an extraordinary 24 per cent in the last parliamentary election – and who ruthlessly decided to ally themselves with General al-Sisi when Morsi was dethroned. The conservative Salafists are much more to Saudi taste than potentially liberal members of the Brotherhood. It is for them that the King is opening his purse. And if by some mischance, the Salafists can drum up a majority from disenchanted members of the Brotherhood in the next election, then the Caliphate of Egypt is a step nearer.

And the Other Side of the Story. It is true that gunmen have fired from Brotherhood crowds. A handful at most – and it does not justify the Egyptian press calling tens of thousands of people “terrorists” – but both my colleague and I have seen armed men among protesters. The attacks on the churches are real. Churches have been burned, Christian homes vandalised.

The anti-Christian fury is now political-ideological. It is persecution. Pope Tawadros might perhaps now regret having his photo taken alongside the coup supporters. But the sheikh of Al Azhar was in the same picture – and so were the Salafists.

Oh yes, and the government is now rumbling on about the need to “dissolve” the Brotherhood. Since members are already being rounded up by the cops, I’m not quite sure what “dissolution” is supposed to achieve. Didn’t the Brits once declare the IRA “illegal”? Did that make them go away?

I was crossing the 6 October bridge over the Nile after curfew on Friday when I found more than 30 young men in galabia gowns sitting on the pavement with their hands over their heads. Striding among them were black-uniformed cops with shotguns, and gangs of “beltagi” – the bully-boys employed by state security (I suppose we might call them the “good’ terrorists”) – and I suddenly saw what “state of emergency” means. Fear. No rights. No arrest warrants. No law.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...ians-became-malicious-terrorists-8773354.html

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Aaaaa as expected Turk fails to mention the 24 soldier's brutally killed today.... Killed by radical extremist prick's yes we see some have there panties in a twist for terrorists.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
So the soldier's where riding a bus heading back from Sinai where they were serving there enlistment period and where efferent stopped by the terrorists, there hand tied and machine gunned. Such a sad thing to wake up to. The army owe to protect its soldiers seriously this isn't acceptable.

Jul 2, 2006
Aaaaa as expected Turk fails to mention the 24 soldier's brutally killed today.... Killed by radical extremist prick's yes we see some have there panties in a twist for terrorists.
They were armed, right? What would you call it? Good riddance? In war, the door swings both ways. Casualties should be expected after slaughtering more than 1000 civilians in cold blood.

This is how they killed a 17 years old girl.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
They were armed, right? What would you call it? Good riddance? In war, the door swings both ways. Casualties should be expected after slaughtering more than 1000 civilians in cold blood.

excellent :tup: i like!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is how they killed a 17 years old girl.

ok watch this video carefully turk!! the same video you just posted now. watch it properly may god open yr blind eyes. innocent girl killed by MB milita's to add more victims so they get sympathy.

these mb terrorists you are defending day and night as if they r your parents or sth are being caught one after the other so post all the vids you want and keep thinking its a war against islam, azhar just annoucend mb are a terrorist group and dont represent islam. so tough luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)