Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (11 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think Turk's answer is yes. He's just uncomfortable with it.
I think his answer is a no on many of the questions. If it was a yes, he'd have no problem saying it. But the problem occurs because his mind tells him many of those are wrong, while the islamic view on those things is different to his. That's why he didn't give the answer. It's his "no" that makes him uncomfortable saying it, not the "yes" :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
To clarify things for the last time, it's YES but in time. A revolution which includes severe changes in people's life should mainly aim the next generation. Those hand cuttings and stoning to death have became huge sterotypes btw like flying carpets and harem thanks to orientalism. I am not saying they don't exist but they were mostly deterrent. As if people getting executed and beaten in here and there. How many times events like that took place in 600 years of Ottoman rule?

Maybe this will give you a clue.

Allah did not send down all the laws at one time. The Quran was sent down over a period of 23 years. In the first 13 years of Mecca, none of these laws were sent down. As a matter of fact, if you analyze the Meccan Surahs, they all talk about Tawheed, Shirk, Day of Judgment, and Hell, Heaven etc. This was done in order to first build up the faith of the believers. Then in Madina, the laws were sent down. This is to teach us that people change gradually and not just overnight. This is the wisdom that Muslims even apply today. That if there is a sinner and wishes to turn back to God, he doesn’t conform to all the of laws and quit all the sins he does over night. His mind would eventually pop and lose hope of ever changing. But a person is to change gradually.

Drinking was a part of the lives of the people at that time and Allah in his divine wisdom had them quit gradually. This was Allah’s plan the whole time. But if Allah were to completely prohibit drinking all at once, it would have been very difficult for them to abide by that law immediately. This simply shows Allah’s mercy and consideration for his creation.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Allah sorta then f'ed up by creating fermentation in the first place.

I mean, Lapa + organic alcoholic compounds = ???

Shouldn't take an omniscient deity to figure that one out.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Drinking was a part of the lives of the people at that time and Allah in his divine wisdom had them quit gradually. This was Allah’s plan the whole time. But if Allah were to completely prohibit drinking all at once, it would have been very difficult for them to abide by that law immediately. This simply shows Allah’s mercy and consideration for his creation.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sounds like a drunk wrote that :lol2:

Does allah the same with faggots?

Let them have bum fun once a week, then once a month and so on?

Jul 2, 2006
and did you know how many lives were saved due to beer?

u know clean water is quite a new thing in cities..
No, i don't know. Maybe that's the reason there is Lapa + organic alcoholic compounds, there is your answer @swag

Surah 2:219

They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and their sin is greater than their profit. And they ask you as to what they should spend. Say: What you can spare. Thus does Allah make clear to you the communications, that you may ponder

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and their sin is greater than their profit. And they ask you as to what they should spend. Say: What you can spare. Thus does Allah make clear to you the communications, that you may ponder
W. C. Fields:
I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
No beer? thats a valid reason in it self to overthrow a goverment

And some great reasoning @Hist , completly agree btw

- - - Updated - - -

Again, if you accept Islamic view on this matters but not apply them, you're still a Muslim.
But are you a good one? accepting views but not following them makes you a bad muslim, jew, whatever, in that case why even bother being religious?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

I know, you and billions of others think Allah officially speaks through the flawed words of men and we sprinkle pixie dust on it and suddenly call it "divine" -- even if it's some guy in the 7th century writing up ethical profit & loss statements like a Jewish accountant. (Allah was a Jewish accountant?!) I just don't buy that as more than fiction -- so we're kind of stuck there.

Jul 2, 2006
I know, you and billions of others think Allah officially speaks through the flawed words of men and we sprinkle pixie dust on it and suddenly call it "divine" -- even if it's some guy in the 7th century writing up ethical profit & loss statements like a Jewish accountant. (Allah was a Jewish accountant?!) I just don't buy that as more than fiction -- so we're kind of stuck there.
That's your problem. To make the men understand, words of men should be used.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That's your problem. To make the men understand, words of men should be used.
But to call the words of men divine takes on a self-imporance where even papal infallibility comes into cynical doubt. Men are flawed, and yet men can claim what is divine and what isn't. Don't you see the problem with that?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Emre Belozoglu salutes the Egyptians in todays game after scoring a goal

Recep Tayyip Erdogan

what does that mean?
http://www.aa.com.tr/en/news/216157--a
Great! These four fingers belong some where else hint a body cavity that sees no sun shine

Any way today the stand off at the mosque ended which is great. Some of the suspects where detained hopefully the rest follow.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Massacre is a pretty big word to be honest :) any way won't debate that I've moved on however if the Turkish Regime like to think of it as a massacre good for them, it's a free world

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
This whole mosque siege reminds me of the Lal Masjid incident in Pakistan. When these radicals have nothing going for them they hide like cowards in mosques :howler: Then they cry fowl when someone tries to restore order.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I dont mind inconsistency as long as it is coupled with awareness. If you are a hybrid muslim while knowing that half your value system is in contradiction with Islam but you adopt that system anyway then I'd respect that. If you take refuge in some debates about interpretations of religion making it seem that we have no idea what Islam really says as if the Quran was empty then I dont respect that as much.
lol basically what you're implying here is that you have figured out exactly what Islam means to say/prescribe in all matters and therefore can tell when someone is being a "hybrid" Muslim or 'true' to the actual beliefs of Islam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)