Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (5 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
So why aren't more Turks encouraging the ethnicities that previously lived in their homeland to come back and live on what was once theirs ?

Nobody is blocking their way if they want to return. How can we encourage them? Will Greek and Bulgarians and Serbians and Israeli encourage the Muslims to come back to their homeland as well?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Let's not get into that debate again here. One can't be a Muslim and laicist in same time. Laicism and Christianity might live together but it is much different with Islam.

Before some smartass jump into the discussion with ''what about the non-muslims'', i will repeat it again. Ottomans were an Islamic Empire ruled more than 40 ethnicities for more than 500 years. You know what, in nationalistic, secularist and Islamic regimes, only regime minorities can be truly safe is the Islamic one.

It's up to them. They have right to rule the country until next elections.
One cannot be a consistent muslim and be a secularist true. One cannot be a consistent christian or muslim and a supporter of gay rights.
But who cares about consistency? they all think of themselves as muslims and see their identity as Islamic. Sufism is a subset of Islam,Sunniism and Shiism (of all types) too no matter how unorthodox their beliefs are.

Thinking of non-Islamists as non muslims is equivalent to catholics considering protestants as non-christian.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Nobody is blocking their way if they want to return. How can we encourage them? Will Greek and Bulgarians and Serbians and Israeli encourage the Muslims to come back to their homeland as well?
It would take a huge amount of compromise, as this would shift geopolitical influence but it's something that needs to happen in the future, especially the Assyrian and Armenian question. Still, I think it's great that some Turkish intellectuals are speaking out on these subjects nowadays.

Edit : Sorry for going off-topic.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
So I assume he was gonna attract the votes of those who didn't want either of Morsi and Mubarak's minister.
But why didn't he do better in the first round?
Because the secular camp had too many candidates running. Amr Moussa, Hamdeen, Shafick, Abu Fotooh isn't exactly Islamist either he had mixed votes.

Btw the secular camp isnt exactly liberal or secular either .. they are just more moderate conservatives. No one in egypt is for gay rights, freedom of speech (against religion for instance), sexual freedom (you get arrested if you are caught having sex outside of marriage), religious freedom (apostates get sent to prison).

- - - Updated - - -

Or Sunnis considering Shia's as non-muslim.
Or Salafis considering MB people non-muslims. Salafis are the ones that stick the most to the original belief system. I doubt the brotherhood would legalize slavery or bring back medieval punishments like hand cutting and flogging and stoning.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
One cannot be a consistent muslim and be a secularist true. One cannot be a consistent christian or muslim and a supporter of gay rights.
But who cares about consistency? they all think of themselves as muslims and see their identity as Islamic. Sufism is a subset of Islam,Sunniism and Shiism (of all types) too no matter how unorthodox their beliefs are.

Thinking of non-Islamists as non muslims is equivalent to catholics considering protestants as non-christian.
Last autumn I talked to one Bosnian academic, who considered himself a Muslim. He told me that he's a self proclaimed Muslim, but he knows that he's not doing even 5% of the things a Muslim must do. According to him, if we go by the book, only 1 in a million of the self-proclaimed Muslims is a Muslim.

So, if one isn't a Muslim, only because he wants a secularist government, then one can not be a Muslim if he's not doing even 1 single thing of all the things the Muslims MUST do.

Jul 2, 2006
Last autumn I talked to one Bosnian academic, who considered himself a Muslim. He told me that he's a self proclaimed Muslim, but he knows that he's not doing even 5% of the things a Muslim must do. According to him, if we go by the book, only 1 in a million of the self-proclaimed Muslims is a Muslim.

So, if one isn't a Muslim, only because he wants a secularist government, then one can not be a Muslim if he's not doing even 1 single thing of all the things the Muslims MUST do.
It's not the same thing. Not doing what Islam told you to do doesn't make a you non-muslim but a sinner as long as you accept it.

For example;
drinking alcohol while accepting it is haram makes you sinner
saying alcohol is not haram makes you non-muslim

not fasting = sinner, there is no fasting = non-muslim

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's not the same thing. Not doing what Islam told you to do doesn't make a you non-muslim but a sinner as long as you accept it.

For example;
drinking alcohol while accepting it is haram makes you sinner
saying alcohol is not haram makes you non-muslim

not fasting = sinner, there is no fasting = non-muslim
What makes Bisco a non-Muslim?

I'm just trying to understand your point. No agenda, no sarcasm.

Jul 2, 2006
What makes Bisco a non-Muslim?

I'm just trying to understand your point. No agenda, no sarcasm.
I haven't directly accused him of being non-Muslim, did I? But it requires deep ignorance in religious matters to believe Islam and laicism can co-exist. He once said he hates nothing more than MB, calling them beardies(similiarity between kemalist jargon and his). Hates nothing more than MB as if his country run out of enemies? And worst of all, celebrating the death of a 17 years old girl? Islam is a religion not only adjust individual's life but also social life and state government. To be a Muslim you must accept it as a whole. There is no such a thing as ''i like this part of Islam but i don't like this part''. A Muslim simply can't replace Islamic law with man made laws. Even if he can't do anything about, living in a secular state, he has to condemn it in his heart.

In this matter it is an obvious struggle between Muslim and non-Muslims. There is no other way put it. Is it really difficult to understand? When you get confused just look at who is taking sides with whom carefully. Who are celebrating the coup in Egypt?

Jul 2, 2006
As Bisco said; it's between him and God and imo that's how it should be.
Turk, are you from the eastern part of Turkey?
Nope. I spent my whole life in secular environment if that's what you mean.

Western part, Istanbul, the Asian side.

He's 210cm tall giant. I spent a couple of days once with him in Istanbul. I wouldn't insult him or make fun of him in your place.
Maybe you met with wrong person. I ain't no nigga.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Maybe you met with wrong person. I aint no nigga.
Shut up or I'll show them the pictures. If you don't want to show them your face, I'll do it.

And Turk was a great host, even to a gâvur like myself. You all have a wrong opinion about him, based on his posts. In real life he's a puppy, albeit a 210cm tall one.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Nope. A promise is a promise.

Plus, I go to Istanbul quite often. I need him to find some stuff for me and for getting info :D And I really don't want to face the angry Turk.
I don't blame you.

He comes across as a dangerous man. I know you say he's a gentle giant in real life, and I'll take your word for it, but he scares me TBH.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I haven't directly accused him of being non-Muslim, did I? But it requires deep ignorance in religious matters to believe Islam and laicism can co-exist. He once said he hates nothing more than MB, calling them beardies(similiarity between kemalist jargon and his). Hates nothing more than MB as if his country run out of enemies? And worst of all, celebrating the death of a 17 years old girl? Islam is a religion not only adjust individual's life but also social life and state government. To be a Muslim you must accept it as a whole. There is no such a thing as ''i like this part of Islam but i don't like this part''. A Muslim simply can't replace Islamic law with man made laws. Even if he can't do anything about, living in a secular state, he has to condemn it in his heart.

In this matter it is an obvious struggle between Muslim and non-Muslims. There is no other way put it. Is it really difficult to understand? When you get confused just look at who is taking sides with whom carefully. Who are celebrating the coup in Egypt?
Again a Salafi muslim would consider you and your brotherhood non-muslim. I'll give you a test:

Do you believe Slavery should be legal?
Do you believe apostates should be executed if they do not repent?
Do you believe homosexuals should be executed?
Do you believe Marriage should be legal regardless of the age of the wife as long as she has bled?
Do you believe married adulterers should be stoned to death?
Do you believe unmarried adulterers should be flogged?
Do you believe that Democracy should be replaced with a monarch like Caliphate system?
Do you believe that Christians and Jews in Turkey should not be allowed to run for high offices nor join the military and pay a Jizya?
Do you believe that people who aren't muslim, christian or Jewish should not be allowed to live in Turkey?
Do you believe that if Turkey were to go to war with a european country, its okay to take young women and young men as slaves as loot?

Answer the questions with yes or no and why if its no.
If you answer all yes then I would consider you a muslim by your own standards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)