Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (9 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #422
    REB,The Egyptians authority has just blocked Al Jazeera channel in Nilesat,now even we can't know what's going there exactly:(

What a disgraceful act by Mubarak and his people.
    Yes, Gamaro. Their acts are going down all the time. Thanks God I have Arabsat and I can follow Aljazeera.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    It needs change badly as it has one of the highest percentages of poverty relatively to other Arab countries.

But it is a poli
    ce country and there is no freedom to make anything against the regime.

I doubt there is any possibility of a movement there, but after what happened in Tunisia, everything is possible.
    Do you have material proof of this or u're just talking nonsense ? I don't think that moroccan people are living with 2 Dollars a day at least.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #424
    Do you have material proof of this or u're just talking nonsense ? I don't think that moroccan people are living with 2 Dollars a day at least.
    In terms of figures about the number of poor people today in our country of 5 million people, according to the results of recent research on the standard of living of households, 4 million Moroccans live below the relative poverty threshold (an annual expenditure of less than 3235 DH in urban areas and 2989 DH in rural areas and so on) live 3 million of the total poor in the villages and one million in cities and about 25% of the Moroccan economic weakness large (annual expenditure is less than 4500 DH).
    Thus, poverty is, in depth, a rural phenomenon, and this is confirmed by research and the first map of poverty carried out by the High Planning Commission and the World Bank recently.
    http://themicrofinance.blogspot.com/2009/11/poverty-in-morocco.html

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #425
    F16 planes were flying over the demonstrators in Cairo this evening to scare them.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #427
    It's being reported in Gaza that three Palestinian prisoners being held in Al-Arish jail in Egypt have escaped and made their way back to Gaza through the tunnels.

The Rafah border crossing between the Gaza Strip and Egypt has been closed until further notice, a Hamas official said.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #432
    Breaking news:

Al-Arabia: US defense minister just called both defense minsters of Egypt and Israel.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #434
    From Guardian:

The embattled president was shown on state TV visiting an army operations centre flanked by his new deputy, Omar Suleiman and defence minister Mohammed Hussein Tantawi – listening to briefings as if directing a battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)