Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (11 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
thanks moe :)

it seems there are conflicts going on now infront of the ministry of foriegn affairs in cairo. its a 15 mins walk tops from tahrir square. dont know if they already got past the gates or not considering its very well guarded. its also in the same street as the ministry of information aka the tv building.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
power has been cut off from downtown now and it seems like its insanely crazy now over there.

rumours that the protesters are in side the tv building ( i think this one is a bit far fetched bec i pass by that building everyday and its like an army base to say the least) but would be AWESOME IF ITS TRUE.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
looks like things have calmed down or nothing new has happened so i'm guessing its going to be like last night. it ends towards 4 or 5 am and then at 2 pm it picks up again.

things starting from tomorrow logically should be different as schools and universities finish up there exams and the students get there winter break meaning a lot of people will be in for this. also thursday night, friday and sat are days off from work with friday being the peak of the weekend and thats when the biggest demonstrations will take place. so far its the down town area which has been the centre of all the action in cairo with a few outskirts in that area other than that its been quite in a lot of parts of cairo.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

The first guy in this clip is both funny and sad. Good luck to Egyptians. In Saudi, we're already building a house in flooded Jeddah for Hosni Mubarak next to Bin Ali :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You know, this all reminds of Serbia. Riots, fights, corruption and revolution. Our was just October Revolution.

Democracy fights for human rights. You guys think it's going to be better without Mubarak? Well, let me tell you no. If anything it's going to much, much worse. If democracy comes there you are pretty much doomed. It's something you can't fight with. The west is going to rule your country, sell basically everything you have and then dump you. At the beginning we never thought there's anything to lose but in the end we lost everything. Democracy always fails.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
You know, this all reminds of Serbia. Riots, fights, corruption and revolution. Our was just October Revolution.

Democracy fights for human rights. You guys think it's going to be better without Mubarak? Well, let me tell you no. If anything it's going to much, much worse. If democracy comes there you are pretty much doomed. It's something you can't fight with. The west is going to rule your country, sell basically everything you have and then dump you. At the beginning we never thought there's anything to lose but in the end we lost everything. Democracy always fails.
Ofcourse 3rd world countries can't apply Democracy in the proper way,but whatever disadvantages Democracy has,it still won't be worse than Mubarak.

If Democracy is bad in your point of view,then you should know that Mubarak is the worst.And who told you that Egypt now is not already controlled by the west?!!!!!!
In fact,all Arab countries are,and if someone tells you other than this,he/she is a liar.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #229

It is a totally different case, mate...

In Serbia, the West supported the people to remove the anti-Western regime. Then, they let you down and did not help you normal people as long as they already achieved what they wanted regardless what the slogans they were telling you by spreading freedom and such things. In the end, they don't care about anything but their own countries, and we can not blame them.

In the Arab countries, now Egypt, the regimes are the whores of the West and they are against any means of democracy. They are spreading corruption and poverty, and the West is not saying one word as long as that does not hurt their countries. (If they think right, they would know that what they are calling terrorists are the result of these elements). So, any revolution in any Arab country CAN NOT bring worse governments by any means, because simply we reached the bottom.

I wish the revolutions can lead to prosperous countries. I hope Tunisia will be a shining pioneer in order to encourage the rest of peoples to go the same way.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Ofcourse 3rd world countries can't apply Democracy in the proper way,but whatever disadvantages Democracy has,it still won't be worse than Mubarak.

If Democracy is bad in your point of view,then you should know that Mubarak is the worst.And who told you that Egypt now is not already controlled by the west?!!!!!!
    In fact,all Arab countries are,and if someone tells you other than this,he/she is a liar.

In Serbia, the West supported the people to remove the anti-Western regime. Then, they let you down and did not help you normal people as long as they already achieved what they wanted regardless what the slogans they were telling you by spreading freedom and such things. In the end, they don't care about anything but their own countries, and we can not blame them.

In the Arab countries, now Egypt, the regimes are the whores of the West and they are against any means of democracy. They are spreading corruption and poverty, and the West is not saying one word as long as that does not hurt their countries. (If they think right, they would know that what they are calling terrorists are the result of these elements). So, any revolution in any Arab country CAN NOT bring worse governments by any means, because simply we reached the bottom.

I wish the revolutions can lead to prosperous countries. I hope Tunisia will be a shining pioneer in order to encourage the rest of peoples to go the same way.
    It's the key word. I think everyone here was thinking the same and people will probably confirm it. Believe me, it can always be worse. I do hope you won't feel that bitter taste in 4-5 years, I really do. But never think it's like that and how it can't be any worse, because it just can.

But thanks for clearing some things up, I'm not aware much how Arabs control political powers.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo5Fn1-2E8o

The first guy in this clip is both funny and sad. Good luck to Egyptians. In Saudi, we're already building a house in flooded Jeddah for Hosni Mubarak next to Bin Ali :D
    :lol: u r a good man K.O ben ali meskeeeen!!! this one is not going to run off to saudi ( u guys are lucky bec honestly it has caused u enough trouble) this going is going to the usa to get his green card official :D i doubt this one is heading to saudi but would be interesting to see what happens. that compilation is pretty good :tup:

i would'nt have answered this different dusan, although i understand the similarities between both nations. gio even told me the same things u guys have were over here too :D i just want to say reb "this is the bottom" ?!?!?! we r waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the bottom all of us :D:D:D specially if what i saw today on jsc about the documents they have is solid. that means we've gone waaaay past rock bottom.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    facebook is down for me, and others so i think they went with there plan to bring it down. dont know if it will be back tonight or not ahead of tomorrow's expected riots nationwide or not.

last i read before it went down was that suez is having the roughest treatment since last night. they have no land lines nor do they have cell phone coverage. they have a curfew that kicked off at 5:30 pm.

there are confirmed reports it seems that there was exchange of fire between the police and the people in suez.

cairo seems to be having a quite evening but it might be on in downtown i dont know. as for tomorrow i think people are very serious about going on with it.

the egyptain tv still maintains a very belittling attidute to this... no surprise there.

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
    ahmed fb is blocked for me too now! i think everyone too.

Alex is very calm today too (but i didnt go out except in the morning)

ill wait and see tomorrow.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

The west already rules their country.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    try this on opera, and let me know how it went!

naggar i tried this just now and its back to work for me now. with firefox and i,e it does'nt work :D

EDIT: false alarm it just loaded the front page and then it goes down like the rest of the browsers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)