Edu has Juventus option (2 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
edu is now way arsenal's best midfielder.
He is actually, who else? That overrated turd Vieira? Please..

++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Edu is no way a pirlo/veron player. He is ur mr average with decent passing ...thats it.
I never said he was, I'd call him your mr decent with some good ideas.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Ok, Edu is a good player, at least better then Gilberto, but are you really saying Edu is better then Vieira?!

I don't like Vieira at all, but even I admit that he's one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. Vieira's market value is probably more then the rest of the team combined (Henry excluded :) ).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just watched Arsenal absolutely own Everton, and Edu looked very good in central midfield. Infact he was involved with a few goals, making sharp through balls into the feet of Bergkamp to set up some nice finishes. His passing skills are indeed very good, and he would certainly add something to the team. Not too sure about his tackling skills, however his positioning sense isn't bad at all. Another thing to watch out for on Edu is that he seems to hold onto the ball a bit too much sometimes in the middle of the park, however with the slower pace of Serie A that shouldn't be as much of a problem. But I would welcome him to Juventus to add some creativity to the midfield.

And Edu is not Arsenal's best midfielder. Vieira and Pires are better, no doubt. Talking in terms of central midfield Edu is behind Vieira and on par skill-wise with Gilberto.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Edu isn't bad but not exactly championship material.He can do a bit more up front than any of Emerson's partners but isn't all that solid to convince me he deserves a place in this starting lineup.I'd rather have someone who is a genuine passer and creator of chances (a la Rosicky or Hleb) or a player who's at least comparable to Emerson defensively.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Exactly.Rosicky and Hleb are obviously attacking options next to Emerson,in Edu's case we'd have someone who's neither a Blasi nor a Rosicky.

I don't mind having either an attacking or defensive player next to Emerson,the thing is he has to be pretty adept at his job.Edu is somewhere in between those two and in no way similar in terms of footballing ability to our other options.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Exactly.Rosicky and Hleb are obviously attacking options next to Emerson,in Edu's case we'd have someone who's neither a Blasi nor a Rosicky.
Hleb can't play as a central midfield or even as a deep lying playmaker, as Hleb isn't of the passing-type mould. Hleb uses his speed,agility and dribbles to create chances he has to play as offensive midfielder behind the strikers or on the wing.

I'm still undecided wether Rosicky would fit in as Pirlo-type player next to Emerson, I think it's a bit of a naieve(sp?) idea.

And yes, Edu is somewhere in between a Blasi and a Rosicky; just like Emerson. Edu is the more rampant version of Emerson.

alex7034y

May 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Romano ] ++
I just heard that Edu has signed for Valencia.
He signed a 5-year contract and is brought for free
I heard it too. IMO we may chase another one, such as Pizarro of Udinese, Baptista of Sevllia and so on.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
tassard: Are you sure that the players who signed is Arsenal's Edu?I think betis has one player with the same name

yes its the Arsenal guy.

im not dissapointed, hes ok but overated and nt any better than what we have. I still think Blasi could be good next year if we give him time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)