Edu has Juventus option (3 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Arsenal midfielder Edu has admitted that Juventus are one of the clubs interested in signing him.

Football Italia initially reported the story last month and the player has now publicly revealed that Turin could be his next destination.

"A lot of clubs have asked about me and since January my agent has spoken to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia in Spain and Juventus in Italy," he told BBC Sport.

"I've decided to leave Arsenal after the FA Cup Final but I haven't decided which club I'm going to join."

The Brazilian international is a much-wanted figure on the transfer market given that the 26-year-old is available on a free transfer.

And he admits he’s keen to join a club who would be able to guarantee him regular first team football.

"I don't want to go to a club and just be part of the squad, that's not my plan," he underlined.

"Apart from how much I would be playing, it's also about the country and whether my family will be happy that I have to think about.

"But I'm sure of one thing - I want to play always."

Edu could get a regular game at Juventus as the club are looking for a suitable partner for Emerson in central midfield.

And seeing as the two men play together for their country, Edu may opt to join the Delle Alpi outfit in the summer.

-----

It really seems that he's on his way to Juve now. I dont think he's good enough to start the games.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Getting a Kapo on a free for the bench is one thing,but we seriously cannot afford to scrimp and save for such an important position.Pirlo is untouchable for Milan while Veron has been reborn this season in Inter,we sorely need someone who can hold the fort with Emerson and contribute meaningfully to the attack.Edu doesn't fit the bill imo.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
look ppl , i like Arsenal and watch their games from 5 years ago . Edu is a very good midfeilder , had a slow start but then he became a regular starter along with Vieira before he was injured at the start of the season . Not to mention that we can bring hi for free , he will make a good partnership with Emerson as his abilities overcome those of Blasi , Tacchinardi and Appiah . It will be a very good deal for us if he came !!
bring him Moggi !!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
not sure,

Montero(Spanish passport?) OK
Tudor(on loan)
Emerson
Nedved
Appiah
Kapo(French passport?) OK
Olivera
Zalayeta(Spanish passport? not sure)
Mutu

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And Nedved is an EU player, this leaves us with:

Montero(Spanish passport?) OK - Not a first team anymore
Tudor(on loan) - I hope he returns
Emerson -
Appiah - I don't know his destiny
Kapo(French passport?) OK
Olivera - I can't see him as a first team player anymore.
Mutu

This means that Edu coming in is not a big deal with him being non-EU.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
But the countrys that joined the EU recently still have a 'status aparte' until 1-7-2006 until they become full members. UEFA also uses this.

Btw, Russia have recently signed a contract with the EU so that ALL Russian employees (including football players) have the same rights as EU employees, although Russia isn't a part of the EU.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
UPDATE

Name: Edu (Eduardo Cesar Daudi Gaspar)
Club: Arsenal
Position: Central midfielder
First nationality: Brazil
Second nationality: Portugal

(taken from a Dutch magazine)

This means good news! You could have expected Moggi to have thought about the non-EU problem.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
The more I think about it, Edu would really be a good and moggi-style solution to our central midfield problem. We'd bring in Arsenal's best midfielder in for free and thus safe a lot of cash, which we could spend on bringing in a real left-winger or attacking midfielder to replace Nedved. I'd still bring back Enzo though as well...
Loaning out Appiah might be a good idea as well, seeing as he is a hot-cold player and young he might need the time to develop a little.

Jul 28, 2002
edu is now way arsenal's best midfielder.

Edu is no way a pirlo/veron player. He is ur mr average with decent passing ...thats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)