Edu(Arsenal) (1 Viewer)

Mikey-DelPiero

Apr 4, 2004
i forgot where i heard it but Edu the great midfielder said he mite give up brazil because he doesnt get a regular place in the side so mite come to play for england, he said it is possible for him to play for england and he wants to do so. i reckon he woud fit in infront of ashley cole and campbell who he knows and would be a great advantage for us. hope he does play! :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Does Edu have any kind of blood connection with England?

FIFA passed a rule recently saying that players with no direct connection to a country isn't allowed to play for them, following the fiascos surrounding some players in recent years

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Edu would suit England if he joins the team ..... but still the english will never improve

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Hmm... if he didn't get regular place for Brazil, but has been in the squad at least once, he can't play for another nation. There are many restrictions which I don't remember exactly- age, etc...

As Graham mentioned, there is a new FIFA provision making it very difficult for nationals to play for another country if they change their citizenship.

I don't see Edu playing for England.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
He hasn't been capped for Brazil at senior level, so he can change country. FIFA's new rule states that if you don't have a blood connection to a country, you have to get a passport and be resident for more than two years to be able to play for them.

This Edu rubbish has come up because he's lived in England for more than two years now, but he still can't play for England because he doesn't have a passport - something that won't change for a number of years yet.

He has mentioned that he'd consider it alright. Mercinary SOB.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think it's sad that players stoop to representing other countries because they're not good enough to play for their own NT. I guess with Brazil it's darn near impossible to break into the NT, but still..:undecide:

Jul 28, 2002
i have very mixed blood, if i decide to play for say usa, does that make me a mercinary???

Imo if u have the blood in u, u should be able to play for whoever u want.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
i have very mixed blood, if i decide to play for say usa, does that make me a mercinary???

Imo if u have the blood in u, u should be able to play for whoever u want.
Where did I say otherwise? Edu has no connection to England. If he did, he could be playing for them now. :fero:

Jul 28, 2002
we never kno he might do??

Has cudicini been called up for italy??If not he could play for england...better than david bloody james.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
we never kno he might do??
Read my posts. He has no connection to England other than living there for the past two years. That's all. Everything. The source of this stupid bloody debate, and the reason I think he's mercenary to even be thinking about playing for them when he gets the passport he could already have if he had any English blood in him.

Has cudicini been called up for italy??If not he could play for england...better than david bloody james.
Yes, but he's not been capped, so yes, he could play for them, because he's been in Engladn five years and qulaifies for a passport. But Cudicini isn't a mercenary bastard, so he's waiting for Italy still.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Yes, but he's not been capped, so yes, he could play for them, because he's been in Engladn five years and qulaifies for a passport. But Cudicini isn't a mercenary bastard, so he's waiting for Italy still.
i wouldnt bother with Cudicini if i was Trap

gray

Apr 22, 2003
If there's one position that's hard to break into in the Italian NT, it's goalkeeper. There's so many quality Italian keepers it's not funny. It's like the Dutch and their forwards

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
If there's one position that's hard to break into in the Italian NT, it's goalkeeper. There's so many quality Italian keepers it's not funny. It's like the Dutch and their forwards
or the french and their midfielders

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
are u saying that u give up and u cant go anymore?
No.

There's Brazil and their attacking-minded players

Inter and their could-have-been players

Juventus and their mediocre South Americans

Chelsea and their foreign players (esp. under Vialli's rule)

Arsenal and their French players

Barca and their Dutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)