Edinson Cavani - ST- PSG (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You wouldn't touch this unless it is for about 30. I wouldn't anyway and I like Cavani.
I don't understand this viewpoint.

Barca just bought Luis Suarez for 85 mil, he's 28, a month older than Cavani.

At some point buying top players in their prime for a large fee is very worthwhile for the success it will provide. Even if you can't sell them for much down the road. Barca probably won't get much for Suarez 3-5 years from now, but the success he provides now makes him worth the big transfer fee, regardless of age.

Cavani isn't quite Suarez category, but he's very much worth 40-50 mil, being just turned 28, in his prime for another 2-3 years, with another 2-3 years of likely very good play after that.

If we had the money to sign Cavani, I'd have us spend 45-50 mil in a heartbeat.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I just don't see what established, in-their-prime striker of Cavani's level is going to cost less than 40-50 mil?

We'd be a top 5 team in the world, even on paper, if we signed Cavani and a good CAM. Add to that a good LB and we'd arguably be as good as any team.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
A FW line of Cavani, Tevez, Morata and Berardi in front of our stacked midfield.

That's a 100 euro meal.

Not that it's going to happen but fuck.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
A FW line of Cavani, Tevez, Morata and Berardi in front of our stacked midfield.

That's a 100 euro meal.

Not that it's going to happen but $#@!.
After tevez we just have morata and e is not enought yet. Its obvious we need to go for a goal scorer... so hepfully im praying for the board to dodge dybala and sign cavani instead now that we have tevez. After that and tevez goes to bgoca then sign dybala or skip him

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'd accept 40 considering in theory we could make nearly half of that unloading some deadweight. But PSG will tell us to politely fuck off if we refuse to discuss Pogba. And in all fairness so would I in their position.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I don't understand this viewpoint.

Barca just bought Luis Suarez for 85 mil, he's 28, a month older than Cavani.

At some point buying top players in their prime for a large fee is very worthwhile for the success it will provide. Even if you can't sell them for much down the road. Barca probably won't get much for Suarez 3-5 years from now, but the success he provides now makes him worth the big transfer fee, regardless of age.

Cavani isn't quite Suarez category, but he's very much worth 40-50 mil, being just turned 28, in his prime for another 2-3 years, with another 2-3 years of likely very good play after that.

If we had the money to sign Cavani, I'd have us spend 45-50 mil in a heartbeat.
Difference being,Suarez was coming off an absolute blinder of a season,being by far the best player in the league.His value will obviously be higher than it has ever been considering Premier league inflation and all.
Cavani on the other hand has had two underwhelming seasons in a row.His value has to drop by a fair bit.Spending 45-50m on a 28 yr old is a lot for a club like Juventus.
Barca on the other hand can afford to spend such sums even if the player is 30 and has little to no resale value.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Difference being,Suarez was coming off an absolute blinder of a season,being by far the best player in the league.His value will obviously be higher than it has ever been considering Premier league inflation and all.
Cavani on the other hand has had two underwhelming seasons in a row.His value has to drop by a fair bit.Spending 45-50m on a 28 yr old is a lot for a club like Juventus.
Barca on the other hand can afford to spend such sums even if the player is 30 and has little to no resale value.
Oh, given our financial capabilities I wouldn't spend that much on him, I think I said "if we could afford it"...

Suarez was in the midst of a several month ban for biting a player for the 3rd time in his career, and also was making it very clear he wanted to leave Liverpool. 85 mil is a lot. Cavani, in my opinion is certainly worth over half of Suarez, even if his two seasons at PSG haven't been amazing. His CL scoring record has been very good, with 10 goals in 16 matches for them. He's also been in cracking form the last 4 league matches. 5 goals-1 assist. Scored the game winner in each of the last 3 games. And he has now scored 25 goals both seasons.

If we had the finances, Cavani is a player definitely worth splashing a big sum on in my opinion. Unfortunately we don't have the finances, and even if we did, I just don't see PSG selling him with Ibra probably done in 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)