Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (41 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I don't like Cavani, he rarely ever impressed me when playing with his national team.

Somehow I don't trust players who looks great in a certain team but when playing for another team they look pretty average....
some players doesn't perform well for their national teams even like Del Piero but who gives a fuck.. judge players from the league when u can see him for almost 38 games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
some players doesn't perform well for their national teams even like Del Piero but who gives a $#@!.. judge players from the league when u can see him for almost 38 games.
There are better examples than Alex, but yeah good point.
Never judge a player by their NT performances, imo.

Jan 22, 2009
I can't believe I wanted this guy here.

Fuck you Cavani.
That would be exactly what I want here! I have never seen a striker defending so deep in a vast majority of the game and doing it so well. That's such a bonus! What would you say if Napoli were playing Milan and he had such pumped up display? Would you still bash him for putting such effort? The fact that he did it against us should make you all proud, cause that means one thing - we are back to what we used to be, feared, hated and the team to beat!

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
Piece of Uruguayan shit
Did someone from Uruguay steal your lunch money, or something?

Anyway, Cavani is still my dream striker, too bad it won't happen though. He would be awesome for us, and whoever doesn't want him anymore because of the Supercoppa game needs to get his head checked. It may not be pretty, but it's this kind of attitude that actually wins games. I would love to see him defending our shirt with that much passion, and not Napoli's.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
some players doesn't perform well for their national teams even like Del Piero but who gives a $#@!.. judge players from the league when u can see him for almost 38 games.
Del Piero on a completely different class than this guy.

I give Cavani credit for working like a horse for his team (both defending and attacking), though I still don't rate him as high as most guys here do.

Yesterday with that 1-1 chance against Buffon for example, one would expect :gsol:a 40 mil :gsol: type of an attacker to score directly from a first touch yet Buffon cleared the ball if not for our lazy ass defenders not coming back on time, he would've blown that chance easily.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
His first touch was in the middle of the field. And besides, Buffon is a "40 mil"(+) type of a goalkeeper. Do you think he should've saved directly on Cavani too? Does that mean you don't rate Buffon as highly as majority do?

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
His first touch was in the middle of the field. And besides, Buffon is a "40 mil"(+) type of a goalkeeper. Do you think he should've saved directly on Cavani too? Does that mean you don't rate Buffon as highly as majority do?
A 40m striker should easily score on 1v1 situation aggainst a 40m goalkeeper. Its not underrastimating of Gigi, its just the way it is.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Yeah, as if Buffon stopping a striker is humiliating for them :lol:
Nah, that would be an honour to them :D

A 40m striker should easily score on 1v1 situation aggainst a 40m goalkeeper. Its not underrastimating of Gigi, its just the way it is.
Not necessarily IMO. And definetely not score "easily". The strikers might have an advantage, but it can still go either way. Caroll is a 40m striker too, but I bet he wouldn't even be able to control the ball to the goal the way Cavani did it, let alone score it on second attempt.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Not necessarily IMO. And definetely not score "easily". The strikers might have an advantage, but it can still go either way. Caroll is a 40m striker too, but I bet he wouldn't even be able to control the ball to the goal the way Cavani did it, let alone score it on second attempt.
I was talking about a real 40m striker, Caroll is not it. :D

Anyway, my point is that a real 40m striker (Ibra) would have a 80% chanse of scoring vs a 40m goalkeeper. The striker might have an advantage? The strikers have most of the advantage in that situation. Of course that Gigi would make it harder, but a real star striker would score it in at least 9 from 10 situations. Its not underrastimating of Gigi as i said, its the way it is...

Dont get me wrong, I rate Cavani, Ill take him before any of our targets at the moment for the right money, but he is def not one of the best strikers around.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I was talking about a real 40m striker, Caroll is not it. :D

Anyway, my point is that a real 40m striker (Ibra) would have a 80% chanse of scoring vs a 40m goalkeeper. The striker might have an advantage? The strikers have most of the advantage in that situation. Of course that Gigi would make it harder, but a real star striker would score it in at least 9 from 10 situations. Its not underrastimating of Gigi as i said, its the way it is...

Dont get me wrong, I rate Cavani, Ill take him before any of our targets at the moment for the right money, but he is def not one of the best strikers around.
He's definetely the best striker in Serie A. And besides, 40m in today's market is not too much for someone like Cavani.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Exactly, it doesn't matter if it's Buffon or a 19 year old goalkeeper.

If your paying +40 mil for an attacker I'd expect him to score easily from a 1-1 situation atleast.

Like I've said earlier I do like his work rate, but I don't rate him as high as many here.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So he almost blew a chance against Buffon but still didnt while "MR WC RVP" has missed 2 1 on 1 chances just in the euros...
Cavani remains one of the best finishers in the world
The only reason to not want us to sign Cavani should be based on dribbling as he is not the best dribbler around and in this term there are better.
If you look at finishing class and work ethic then Cavani is surely your guy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)