Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (20 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Gomez is most definitely a quality striker, and a clinical finisher. People who rate him as on a par to Matri/Pazienza simply don't have a clue. However, having said that, he isn't someone I'd want to build the attack around; the same applies to Dzeko. Both of them are very good players, but I'd rather we look elsewhere, and get someone in a higher bracket.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I was just playing around ;)

He is very much a box striker..has got amazing movement in the box..However his clumsy first touch and poor linkup play are a no go for me(nor are we stacked with creativity like Bayern are) ,in this current team and current setup i'd always prefer a technical striker ahead of just a pure poacher with average technical ability.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not a fan of Gomez.

His chance conversion rate isn't as good as it should be.

Scoring 30 goals in a season won't impress me if I think you should have scored 50 with the chances you had.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Gomez is a Trezeguet - The team he is in, actually plays with 10 men, but he scores with every 2nd touch he gets. Sometimes, he doesn't really have more. What makes him worse then many other top class finishers is, that he REALLY struggles against big clubs and top defenders!!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Gomez is most definitely a quality striker, and a clinical finisher. People who rate him as on a par to Matri/Pazienza simply don't have a clue. However, having said that, he isn't someone I'd want to build the attack around; the same applies to Dzeko. Both of them are very good players, but I'd rather we look elsewhere, and get someone in a higher bracket.
yea, people really rate Pazienza as a top forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)