Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (58 Viewers)

Apr 29, 2006
imho Cavani's realistic value is around 30m. 40m is a few millions on the wrong side, but salary package could make amends. 40 + giovinco is crazy talk...
I don't know if Napoli would want Giovinco in the deal, but Melo could be useful here as he will free a lot of salary and if Napoli value him in the 10m range - could drive Cavani's price in the 20s which is bearable.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
We're buying him from Napoli, not Milan. And he's definitely not as good as Torres was for Liverpool so yeah. 30 mill is fair enough. 35 max. More than that and they can go fuck off.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
If you look at their GPG in league matches - using Liverpool and Napoli numbers - Cavani is a more prolific goal scorer at Napoli (0.72) than Torres was at Liverpool (0.64).

He also offers a team oriented defensive work ethic that is obviously unmatched by either RvP, or Torres, one that Conte will value tremendously. And, of course, he's familiar with the league/country/language, etc, has better resale potential, and a more favorable injury record.

Either one would be tits, though.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Torres was playing against a whole different opposition though. The guy was murdering it in CL and was the best striker in the world at the time.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Torres was playing against a whole different opposition though. The guy was murdering it in CL and was the best striker in the world at the time.
First year he arrived, yeah. But what if I told you Cavani had a better scoring record in Europe as well?

Because he does... :klin:

I hear you mang, obviously Torres has qualities that Cavani doesn't possess, but it's also been pretty much 2 full years that he's been off form - since before Poop sold him

Torres seems to potentially have some issues with his mentality, but that's speculation by me. He's a class player.

I do prefer Cavani though.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
If you look at their GPG in league matches - using Liverpool and Napoli numbers - Cavani is a more prolific goal scorer at Napoli (0.72) than Torres was at Liverpool (0.64).

He also offers a team oriented defensive work ethic that is obviously unmatched by either RvP, or Torres, one that Conte will value tremendously. And, of course, he's familiar with the league/country/language, etc, has better resale potential, and a more favorable injury record.

Either one would be tits, though.
Rollie keepin it real :tup:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I get what you're saying :D
Straight up lads, we get either of these players and all three of us will be doing back flips for joy.

What a huge relief to see quality already coming in, and know that our manager understands the type of quality this club needs to compete at the highest level. God, I love Conte so much.

Hell, I think I even may like Marrotta now - but don't tell too many people that quite yet :p

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
Cavani is a great striker, but I start to think we need a more handsome guy upfront instead, Higuain or RvP will do..
To attract women fanbase, you know, and make it easier to watch Juve when girlfriend is around too.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well Napoli rate Cavani at 50M
Giovinco is currently rated at 40M (20M our share)
Melo is rated at 12M

Do you think they`d accept 50% of Giovinco+Melo+12M (should be 44M)?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Thats unrealistic atm. Napoli would accept a 35mil bid, Cavani would be more than pleased with a 4-5mil salary, before taxes, thats what he asked from Napoli. (and unlike RVP who wants more from Arsenal and thats why he is leaving)

We usually spend at max 25mil for our star signing(Amauri, Diego, Melo) and we have a budget of at least 50mil without considering the income from sales.
30mil spent on the 2 CMs, means that we at least have 20mil more, Krasic and Elia sales will fund the Giovinco return, even if we overpay, to get him back and sell off the other two, as we usually do because of Marottas poor negotiating skills.
If the Turks wont give us, not even half of the invested money on Melo (12mil) we should get him back, sell him to the EPL, or use him to this deal as a 10mil bargain chip.

Both players cost more than 15mil, but due to Marottas poor negotiating skills lets say that he will use one of them to the Cavani deal, as a 10mil bargain chip only, so we would only need to add the usual 25mil, on three year installments...
easily do-able! The most reallistic chance we have.

Apr 29, 2006
Come on stop joking around people. Cavani is no doubt a great player, but him and Torres are incomparable. No matter if Torres was Benitez's one and only weapon you have guys like Kuyt and Steve G who can and do score goals galore. Hamsik is far from Stevie and Lavezzi is even further from Kuyt (as a scorer, not provider!!!), but I would consider them equal (and Lavezzi better than Kuyt) in creating chances for their forwards. So its easy to see why stats lie.
Not to mention Torres was playing under Rafael '1:0' Benitez and Cavani is playing in a team that plays attacking football. I wouldn't even talk about the difference in the levels of opposition they faced...
imho Torres is so much better than Cavani its untrue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)