Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (28 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
WTF, have the mods completely abandoned the forums? ^

BS:
-OR is enough, having 2 players interested raises the chances that at least one of the 2 may become reality.
-who says we cant add 15-20mil in this deal??
-25-35 is estimated, 25mil is our usual star transfer (Amauri, Diego, Melo) 35 is unrealistic, 20-25 is smth we have done before. a swap can make it possible, where it was unpossible, thats the point!
-They are ready to buy one of those anyways, it would only made a possible Cavani deal easier and less fund and taxes loss.
-Cavani actually said that he is pleased with what he has, the point is, that in order to convince one of the other players, we must start with the fact that we can only offer half of what they are earning now.
So there is a huge, huge negotiating advantage there, which makes this certain transfer, by far the most probable one.
-They usually have, it helps to give a better salary, so that he feels that he is stepping up, better than offering the half anyways... isnt it?
Exactly because its the real life, where Dzeko, Higuain and RVP cant happen, i said that this is the most probable scenario of a top forward...
the other names mentioned should not even seriosly considered and their threads should be closed by your logic.
I actually share it, Cavani though seems to be the only realistic choice we have, if we focus on him, stop wasting time with impossible target and stop wasting cash on 15mil subs.
JJ, honestly, you are keep missing the point of the very first point i adressed to you.
That any of those two players involved in this transfer would have helped us to make it possible.
It is not mandatory to use the both of them, it is not mandatory not to pay any cash, just reduce the asking price in manageable levels.
Please try to understand this, if you do, you will see that our conflict here is meaningless.
Listen, I genuinely do not care about you. Look around, I'm not the first or last to laugh at the posts you make. You make them to get a response.

Before I go further I'll just say that I initially responded to you saying that Napoli wanted Giovinco and Melo and therefore only an incompetent manager could no pull off this deal on this basis. Just to be clear. All the other tangents you have flown off to afterwards are interesting, but not my reason to respond.

Prove? If one of those four things are not valid the deal is dead. Read those things and recognise that the parameters change if Napoli don't accept those conditions. I don't believe they do, for a second.

Melo is nothing to do with Napoli or Cavani. This is the point where you start moving away from the situation. Remember, it's this easy Cavani deal because Napoli want Giovinco and Melo.
Yes, which is one reason why your utopian transfer market does not exist.
Ok, now you're throwing all sorts of different offers around. I didn't respond to these things. And it's guesswork anyway, just your opinion. You're not a football man or expert so I'm sorry but your opinion doesn't validate how successful a general manager is.
Not disagreeing.

If it's actually real. For once acknowledge this point, if you ignore it again I will not respond further.

Seems we are talking about two different things after all. When you say 'scrap that 30m fee' are you taking about just offering two players in exchange for Cavani, or one plus €30m? Giovinco plus €30m is far too much, that's more like €48m-€50m. And then of course we are assuming Napoli actually want these players.
If they acually want them...
They you go, that assuming thing again. A common theme here. Remember we are talking about a deal that Marotta should be able to do in his sleep based on these concrete conditions.
If this sentence means that they have better options, we'll see...
My fault at chosing scrap instead of scratch and again i repeat, that we must only reduce the asking fee, from unreal boundaries, like 30-35mil to the ones we can achieve, because we did achieve in the past.
It is very well known, that i dont have confidence on Marotta. I m not talking about a straight swap of Melo+Giovinco for Cavani, that would be absurd under Marotta, that thought never even crossed my mind.
Maybe Moggi could achieve it, but i believe that Marotta is incompetent, but hopefully not completely incompetent.
I believe that our budget allocation has strict limits, probably no more further, than our usual maximum fee of 25mil.
I believe that Marotta is not respected enough in the EPL and Spain, not even in Italy. So Higuain, Dzeko and RVP are out of the question, as they exceed his capabilities, the max fee we use in transfers and the salary of course. These elements descourage me enough to call the respective targets unrealistic.

In Cavani's case though, there are quite the few differences, Napoli has shown interest for two of our players. We paid 25mil for Melo and God knows how much we will pay to get Giovinco back, this summer.
At any case, both player, even in the very reduced prices Marotta sells our material, can be used as bargain chips of 10mil each, at least.
IMO a fair price for each player is about 15mil and if we were called to buy them, i m sure that we would end up paying more than that.
But when its time to sell, we sell off. So lets consider the ammount of them as bargain chips as 10mil each.

The reported asking price for Cavani is 25-35 mil, considering the victims we are, i consider it 35mil.
Now if Napoli was considering only one of them, scratching, chopping, cutting down the 35mil price tag, into the affordable 25 mil, is enough to make this deal happen IMHO.
Why? because all the three elements are met, we overpay, we sell out, as we always do, that means that we keep them happy, and we spend 25mil cash, an ammount we are familiar with and we are sure that we can afford because we did in the past. You say we can go past that, i dont know, but for the 25mil, we can be sure of.
And the third parameter is that the salary Marotta has to negotiate is manageable, because he always gives more to the players we sign in order to cover up for his lack of negotiating skills.

Having to deal with any of Dzeko, RVP and Higuain, none of the above three elements are achiavabble my Marotta.
But as i have now explained in great detail, for this particular transfer, the odds are favorable, or at least realistic.
Even so, even with such realistic odds, Marotta has failed to complete deals in the past, for various reasons, among others to convince our player, our property to accept the offered contract.
Which is another sign of managerial incompetence. And thats why i said that, this time we have 2 bargain chips. One should be enough, but Marotta will find his way to failure, but with two, cmon, he must find a way with either of them!
Even for an incompetent manager as Marotta, we now seem to have an opportunity to make this happen.
i DID read, nice 'decortication'
some ppl do hate me with an unhealthy passion though, see?
They would never miss a chance to throw mud at me, exactly like the media are doing to Juve.
Napoli are interested on both Melo and Giovinco.
So we can scrap that 30mil fee enough to make him a reality.
And unlike Higuain, Dzeko and RVP, we can afford to raise his current salary.

Only a completely incompetent manager would fail to wrap up this deal...
scrap was unfortunate, but the enough, implies directly, that we would offer extra cash, apart from the player/players.
And the salary issue is not a small matter, Marotta never convinved anybody to do smth unfavorable, let alone top market prospects of international fame.
A 10mil salary, after taxes in Italy becomes almost double.
It exceeds our capabilities. The reported 35mil fees are exceeding our capabilities. Never in the past we have offered 35mil and 10mil salary.
And usually, in such cases we offer more than the competition.
But in Cavani's case alone, there is hope the deal can go throw, even be a half incompetent manager, becausr of the above mentioned conditions.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
WTF, have the mods completely abandoned the forums? ^

JJ, honestly, you are keep missing the point of the very first point i adressed to you.
That any of those two players involved in this transfer would have helped us to make it possible.
It is not mandatory to use the both of them, it is not mandatory not to pay any cash, just reduce the asking price in manageable levels.
Please try to understand this, if you do, you will see that our conflict here is meaningless.

My fault at chosing scrap instead of scratch and again i repeat, that we must only reduce the asking fee, from unreal boundaries, like 30-35mil to the ones we can achieve, because we did achieve in the past.
It is very well known, that i dont have confidence on Marotta. I m not talking about a straight swap of Melo+Giovinco for Cavani, that would be absurd under Marotta, that thought never even crossed my mind.
Maybe Moggi could achieve it, but i believe that Marotta is incompetent, but hopefully not completely incompetent.
I believe that our budget allocation has strict limits, probably no more further, than our usual maximum fee of 25mil.
I believe that Marotta is not respected enough in the EPL and Spain, not even in Italy. So Higuain, Dzeko and RVP are out of the question, as they exceed his capabilities, the max fee we use in transfers and the salary of course. These elements descourage me enough to call the respective targets unrealistic.

In Cavani's case though, there are quite the few differences, Napoli has shown interest for two of our players. We paid 25mil for Melo and God knows how much we will pay to get Giovinco back, this summer.
At any case, both player, even in the very reduced prices Marotta sells our material, can be used as bargain chips of 10mil each, at least.
IMO a fair price for each player is about 15mil and if we were called to buy them, i m sure that we would end up paying more than that.
But when its time to sell, we sell off. So lets consider the ammount of them as bargain chips as 10mil each.

The reported asking price for Cavani is 25-35 mil, considering the victims we are, i consider it 35mil.
Now if Napoli was considering only one of them, scratching, chopping, cutting down the 35mil price tag, into the affordable 25 mil, is enough to make this deal happen IMHO.
Why? because all the three elements are met, we overpay, we sell out, as we always do, that means that we keep them happy, and we spend 25mil cash, an ammount we are familiar with and we are sure that we can afford because we did in the past. You say we can go past that, i dont know, but for the 25mil, we can be sure of.
And the third parameter is that the salary Marotta has to negotiate is manageable, because he always gives more to the players we sign in order to cover up for his lack of negotiating skills.

Having to deal with any of Dzeko, RVP and Higuain, none of the above three elements are achiavabble my Marotta.
But as i have now explained in great detail, for this particular transfer, the odds are favorable, or at least realistic.
Even so, even with such realistic odds, Marotta has failed to complete deals in the past, for various reasons, among others to convince our player, our property to accept the offered contract.
Which is another sign of managerial incompetence. And thats why i said that, this time we have 2 bargain chips. One should be enough, but Marotta will find his way to failure, but with two, cmon, he must find a way with either of them!
Even for an incompetent manager as Marotta, we now seem to have an opportunity to make this happen.

some ppl do hate me with an unhealthy passion though, see?
They would never miss a chance to throw mud at me, exactly like the media are doing to Juve.

scrap was unfortunate, but the enough, implies directly, that we would offer extra cash, apart from the player/players.
And the salary issue is not a small matter, Marotta never convinved anybody to do smth unfavorable, let alone top market prospects of international fame.
A 10mil salary, after taxes in Italy becomes almost double.
It exceeds our capabilities. The reported 35mil fees are exceeding our capabilities. Never in the past we have offered 35mil and 10mil salary.
And usually, in such cases we offer more than the competition.
But in Cavani's case alone, there is hope the deal can go throw, even be a half incompetent manager, becausr of the above mentioned conditions.
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME?!!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Btw, Cronios, I don't think many people here hate you. I for one find you a bit weird (to say the least), but I'm happy that you're around :tup:

Never seen you write anything foul about anyone on the forums, and that goes a long way.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yeah I don't think anyone hates you, you're just predictable and repetitive when it comes to talking about ItalJuve and how all the management wants to do is 'appease the nationalistic xenophobe fans'.

Primitive

Jul 21, 2011
@Cronios, i know it's irritating, but try not to give a fuck about those who only joke around and have nothing to say. Your posts make sense and you explain your arguments pretty well, so i suppose everyone that have come here to discuss and read is happy to have you here.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
it seem that you never seen how upper level management works... Marotta not respected enough? what have he done exactly? dressing like clowns during negotiation? foul mouthed? doing these internet meme like things like those posted at his thread here?

calling him incompetent still somewhat understandable, but saying him not respected enough by fellow football professionals/managements, something he already work with many years? that's clearly biased...

it's rather the whole top level football not respecting Serie A enough than them not respecting Marotta...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The only thing worse than Cronios' insanely, long and repetive essays are his arse lickers.

He makes about 10% sense (at most) in every single one of those mega posts. Too much inaccurate, repetitive, inane nonsense for me to take any of his posts seriously.

And he's a massive troll as well.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
To be honest I don't think giving Melo+Giovinco for Cavani is a wise move. It would strengthen Napoli more than it strengthen us. If Conte is however very sure that Cavani is the last piece to the puzzle then I'm all for it but I doubt if that's the case at the moment. Cavani+Lavezzi for the two+cash is however something I'd prefer.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
it seem that you never seen how upper level management works... Marotta not respected enough? what have he done exactly? dressing like clowns during negotiation? foul mouthed? doing these internet meme like things like those posted at his thread here?
At the end of the day what does Cronios know about how well respected Marotta is as a ds across Europe? Nothing, zero, zilch, fuck all. It's his warped opinion and nothing else. So forming a long-winded and incessantly boring argument on this basis means that the entire argument ends up just as meaningless. Just as deciding the difficulty of a market move on the basis of interest that may or may not exist, players who may or may not be interested in the moves, and clubs who may or may not agree certain deals is ultimately meaningless.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sometimes when those didnt read posts and posts like those being posted it feels like a kindergarten forum.
I am not supporting the other posts that being related to them.
It just feels like a childish non funny reactions.

Primitive

Jul 21, 2011
The only thing worse than Cronios' insanely, long and repetive essays are his arse lickers.

He makes about 10% sense (at most) in every single one of those mega posts. Too much inaccurate, repetitive, inane nonsense for me to take any of his posts seriously.

And he's a massive troll as well.

Such haters... Insulting people on the Internet is the most pathetic thing i've ever seen in my entire life. And mostly it comes from people that have so much free time to waste. Why can't you just comment on the issues we're discussing and stop with all the bullshit. People who don't respect others opinions like you will never get respect either, you better think about that. And who are you to measure in percentage peoples opinion worth, when your posts are :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)