Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (32 Viewers)

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Haha... Moratti is changing tactics, looking to copy our very own Marotta; getting quality for little - getting Isla for 8 is a joke however.. :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
:lol:

- Assuming that Napoli actually want Melo and Giovinco
- Assuming that Napoli value Melo and Giovinco at €30m combined
- Assuming that Napoli would accept €30m for Cavani in the first place
- Assuming that Napoli would actually want a player swap deal
- Assuming that Cavani wouldn't in fact just say he wants €8m-€9m salary or go elsewhere
- Assuming that a big name striker we buy has to automatically have a larger salary than he currently has

This isn't idealistic world, this is real life.
BS:
-OR is enough, having 2 players interested raises the chances that at least one of the 2 may become reality.
-who says we cant add 15-20mil in this deal??
-25-35 is estimated, 25mil is our usual star transfer (Amauri, Diego, Melo) 35 is unrealistic, 20-25 is smth we have done before. a swap can make it possible, where it was unpossible, thats the point!
-They are ready to buy one of those anyways, it would only made a possible Cavani deal easier and less fund and taxes loss.
-Cavani actually said that he is pleased with what he has, the point is, that in order to convince one of the other players, we must start with the fact that we can only offer half of what they are earning now.
So there is a huge, huge negotiating advantage there, which makes this certain transfer, by far the most probable one.
-They usually have, it helps to give a better salary, so that he feels that he is stepping up, better than offering the half anyways... isnt it?

Exactly because its the real life, where Dzeko, Higuain and RVP cant happen, i said that this is the most probable scenario of a top forward...
the other names mentioned should not even seriosly considered and their threads should be closed by your logic.
I actually share it, Cavani though seems to be the only realistic choice we have, if we focus on him, stop wasting time with impossible target and stop wasting cash on 15mil subs.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Finger in the air nonsense presented as fact, basically bollocks.
what? i just countered every single bit of your arguments!! which were not even arguments to begin with, just one more desperate effort to defame me.
In case you missed the point again, the interest on 2 of our players raise the fact that he have to pay less for Cavani, even if only one of the trade deal goes through.
Adding the fact that Cavani's salary, is the only one we can match and increase.

We have in our hands a trully realistic chance to grab him, unlike the impossible ones Higuain, Dzeko and RVP
Because for them, all the above mentioned reasons already exist in the first place...

---------- Post added 07.06.2012 at 20:06 ----------

who cares what you read and what you dont read, stop derailing the threads.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
what? i just countered every single bit of your arguments!!
Ok I'm going to humour you this time, because I've nothing else to do right now. Usually I read these posts you make, chuckle to myself, and then leave the thread. I originally responded because you made this attention seeking comment, to get a response and have another dig at Marotta:
Only a completely incompetent manager would fail to wrap up this deal...
Like it's some kind of fucking easy deal to sign players of this magnitude, who are surely wanted by many other teams lol.

just one more desperate effort to defame me.
:lol: You're actually serious, this is why I laugh.

In case you missed the point again, the interest on 2 of our players raise the fact that he have to pay less for Cavani, even if only one of the trade deal goes through.
Speaking of missing points, have a run through the first four point bulletpoints I made in response initially. Just one of those doesn't work out for you and this 'easy deal' theory you've made up falls on its face. Complex matters.

Adding the fact that Cavani's salary, is the only one we can match and increase.
That's true, assuming no-one else comes in for Cavani. Assuming again. Man City offer €9m, we do what? Easy deal?

We have in our hands a trully realistic chance to grab him, unlike the impossible ones Higuain, Dzeko and RVP
Because for them, all the above mentioned reasons already exist in the first place...
True, they have big deals, but see above. Fees and wages are based on the standing of a player. If Dzeko becomes out of favour at City his salary may stall or even decrease from what he gets at City, whereas Cavani is hot property and his will massively increase.

Addressing your other points:

-OR is enough, having 2 players interested raises the chances that at least one of the 2 may become reality.
Assuming Napoli actually want them. And by want them I don't mean they have spoken to their agents to test the water. Actually readying offers. Two very different things.

-25-35 is estimated, 25mil is our usual star transfer (Amauri, Diego, Melo) 35 is unrealistic, 20-25 is smth we have done before. a swap can make it possible, where it was unpossible, thats the point!
Hmm, maybe €35m is our very top end, but it's pointless in this discussion. You're assuming Napoli would value Giovinco and Melo combined as worth Cavani's value, which I don't see. Whether they do or do not, you're still assuming the above, that they are actually wanted.

-They are ready to buy one of those anyways, it would only made a possible Cavani deal easier and less fund and taxes loss.
Now you're making very big assumptions. Napoli are ready to buy Giovinco and/or Melo? Source?

-Cavani actually said that he is pleased with what he has, the point is, that in order to convince one of the other players, we must start with the fact that we can only offer half of what they are earning now.
So there is a huge, huge negotiating advantage there, which makes this certain transfer, by far the most probable one.
See what I already posted, you're kidding youself if you think others aren't interested in a player like Cavani. If you could guarantee me now that we're the only ones seriously bidding then I might be inclined to agree with you. We didn't sign Dzeko or Agüero based on these conditions, and they are the biggest threat to signing one of our top striker options.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Ok I'm going to humour you this time, because I've nothing else to do right now. Usually I read these posts you make, chuckle to myself, and then leave the thread. I originally responded because you made this attention seeking comment, to get a response and have another dig at Marotta:

Like it's some kind of $#@!ing easy deal to sign players of this magnitude, who are surely wanted by many other teams lol.

Speaking of missing points, have a run through the first four point bulletpoints I made in response initially. Just one of those doesn't work out for you and this 'easy deal' theory you've made up falls on its face. Complex matters.

That's true, assuming no-one else comes in for Cavani. Assuming again. Man City offer €9m, we do what? Easy deal?

True, they have big deals, but see above. Fees and wages are based on the standing of a player. If Dzeko becomes out of favour at City his salary may stall or even decrease from what he gets at City, whereas Cavani is hot property and his will massively increase.

Assuming Napoli actually want them. And by want them I don't mean they have spoken to their agents to test the water. Actually readying offers. Two very different things.

Hmm, maybe €35m is our very top end, but it's pointless in this discussion. You're assuming Napoli would value Giovinco and Melo combined as worth Cavani's value, which I don't see. Whether they do or do not, you're still assuming the above, that they are actually wanted.

Now you're making very big assumptions. Napoli are ready to buy Giovinco and/or Melo? Source?

See what I already posted, you're kidding youself if you think others aren't interested in a player like Cavani. If you could guarantee me now that we're the only ones seriously bidding then I might be inclined to agree with you. We didn't sign Dzeko or Agüero based on these conditions, and they are the biggest threat to signing one of our top striker options.
Actually, it is proven that you are trying to defame me with religious consistency.
Many times you gost past my point and that desperate effort.

Proove how just losing JUST one of the first 4 points, is a dealbreaker for us?
Why all factors should be valid, where all 4 factors were valid when we were signing Melo?
We can sign a Melo, but not a Dzeko, Higuain, Cavani, ARVP, unless we employ a trick that will help us to sweeten the deal enough, in order to reach our typical max measure.

Seriously and honestly i try to understand why you need all four of those points to make it happen, and i cant, considering our past deals, care to elaborate?
ManCity can outbid us, but they cant buy everyone, they will sign the ones we cant sign (RVP, Higuain etc)
If they want Cavani above everything else, they will get him, good for us if you ask, a new opprtunity will arise and we will have to compete with a powerhouse less.

The point stands though, that as it is, Cavani is manageable, of course noone will blame Marotta if he makes that offer now and ManCity comes he other day and grabbs him, making him double the offer.
But if they lure him away with a Melo/Giovinco +15-20mil equivalent, or less, it would mean that he was there for the taking, in the past we los many similar opportunities, by chsing impossible targets like Higuains and wasting our cash on Destros. I just dont want to see this again.

Considering the current standards RVP is the hottest prospect in the EPL and Higuain is the hottest prospect in Spain.
They proven players in top teams, its highly unlike this will change now during the summer game. If the situation changes, ex a Rossi like injury or great performance with the NT, their value will of course be affected, but as it stands now, dont you agree, that Cavani is the only realistic choice of the three.
Dont you agree that Napolis interest and 2 of our players makes it a bit more easy?
And you cant deny the fact that he is salary is what it is.
We have a complete offer in our hands, we ought to try our best to make it happen, chances are that we wont have another.
I believe you agree with that view. Dont you want to see us trying?

You misunderstood me, i never said that Melo and Giovinco must me mandatory be used and of course they wont value them at 15mil each.
I never said that, you only assumed that i mean that, because you are always prejusticed when it comes to my posts.
That would be absurd to claim and i agree, that there slim chances of it happening. I realised that you intentionally or not reached that conclusion though and i clarified that i dont mean that
and yet you have failed to understand... and yet i repeat, they only have to be interest in one of these two, to give us the chance to use at least one of those two.
Being interested in two of them, only increase our chances of finding common deal for one of them, its favorable condition, you are trying to present it as unfavorable, by focusing on the double swap.
But no, it doesnt have to be double swap. But its way better than having only one bargain tool they could choose from.
After all the talks from AA, i seriously doubt that we will splash 35 mil cash on one player, esp if we commit 30-40mil on the 3 CMs we are getting (Asamoah-Isla-Pogba)

All the better if can commit 30mil on the finisher though, 30mil+Melo or Giovinco is a deal that Napoli would accept in a heartbeat and from there we wouldnt have a tough road to convince Cavani to join us, he would have better chances to win titles, earn more glory in the CL, increase his current salary and still hope for the next bigger step in the future if he is so ambitious, unless he already has a better offer in his hands, which at this moment it doesnt seems to be the case.

PS: RVP, Higuain and even Dzeko though, already do have a better choice laid on their legs. Do you deny that?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
RVP would be able to win prizes and compete in a not completely naive team. Same thing, prizes could be said about Dzeko, unless he's actually thrilled with the ones won from the bench/stands. Only one who would downgrade himself is Gonzalo...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Actually, it is proven that you are trying to defame me with religious consistency.
Many times you gost past my point and that desperate effort.
Listen, I genuinely do not care about you. Look around, I'm not the first or last to laugh at the posts you make. You make them to get a response.

Before I go further I'll just say that I initially responded to you saying that Napoli wanted Giovinco and Melo and therefore only an incompetent manager could no pull off this deal on this basis. Just to be clear. All the other tangents you have flown off to afterwards are interesting, but not my reason to respond.

Prove who just losing JUST one of the first 4 points, is a dealbreaker for us?
Prove? If one of those four things are not valid the deal is dead. Read those things and recognise that the parameters change if Napoli don't accept those conditions. I don't believe they do, for a second.

Why all factors should be valid, where all 4 factors were valid when we were signing Melo?
Melo is nothing to do with Napoli or Cavani. This is the point where you start moving away from the situation. Remember, it's this easy Cavani deal because Napoli want Giovinco and Melo.

We can sign a Melo, but not a Dzeko, Higuain, Cavani, ARVP, unless we employ a trick that will help us to sweeten the deal enough, in order to reach our typical max measure.
See above.

Seriously and honestly i try to understand why you need all four of those points to make it happen, and i cant, considering our past deals, care to elaborate?
Already answered.

ManCity can outbid us, but they cant buy everyone, they will sign the ones we cant sign (RVP, Higuain etc)
If they want Cavani above everything else, they will get him, good for us if you ask, a new opprtunity will arise and we will have to compete with a powerhouse less.

The point stands though, that as it is, Cavani is manageable, of course noone will blame Marotta if he makes that offer now and ManCity comes he other day and grabbs him, making him double the offer.
Yes, which is one reason why your utopian transfer market does not exist.

But if they lure him away with a Melo/Giovinco +15-20mil equivalent, or less, it would mean that he was there for the taking, in the past we los many similar opportunities, by chsing impossible targets like Higuains and wasting our cash on Destros. I just dont want to see this again.
Ok, now you're throwing all sorts of different offers around. I didn't respond to these things. And it's guesswork anyway, just your opinion. You're not a football man or expert so I'm sorry but your opinion doesn't validate how successful a general manager is.

Considering the current standards RVP is the hottest prospect in the EPL and Higuain is the hottest prospect in Spain.
They proven players in top teams, its highly unlike this will change now during the summer game. If the situation changes, ex a Rossi like injury or great performance with the NT, their value will of course be affected, but as it stands now, dont you agree, that Cavani is the only realistic choice of the three.

And you cant deny the fact that he is salary is what it is.
We have a complete offer in our hands, we ought to try our best to make it happen, chances are that we wont have another.
I believe you agree with that view. Dont you want to see us trying?
Not disagreeing.

Dont you agree that Napolis interest and 2 of our players makes it a bit more easy?
If it's actually real. For once acknowledge this point, if you ignore it again I will not respond further.

You misunderstood me, i never said that Melo and Giovinco must me mandatory be used and of course they wont value them at 15mil each.
I never said that, you only assumed that i mean that, because you are always prejusticed when it comes to my posts.
That would be absurd to claim and i agree, that there slim chances of it happening. I realised that you intentionally or not reached that conclusion though and i clarified that i dont mean that
Seems we are talking about two different things after all. When you say 'scrap that 30m fee' are you taking about just offering two players in exchange for Cavani, or one plus €30m? Giovinco plus €30m is far too much, that's more like €48m-€50m. And then of course we are assuming Napoli actually want these players.

and yet you have failed to understand... and yet i repeat, they only have to be interest in one of these two, to give us the chance to use at least one of those two.
Being interested in two of them, only increase our chances of finding common deal for one of them, its favorable condition, you are trying to present it as unfavorable, by focusing on the double swap.

But no, it doesnt have to be double swap. But its way better than having only one bargain tool they could choose from.
After all the talks from AA, i seriously doubt that we will splash 35 mil cash on one player, esp if we commit 30-40mil on the 3 CMs we are getting (Asamoah-Isla-Pogba)
If they acually want them...

All the better if can commit 30mil on the finisher though, 30mil+Melo or Giovinco is a deal that Napoli would accept in a heartbeat and from there we wouldnt have a tough road to convince Cavani to join us, he would have better chances to win titles, earn more glory in the CL, increase his current salary and still hope for the next bigger step in the future if he is so ambitious, unless he already has a better offer in his hands, which at this moment it doesnt seems to be the case.
They you go, that assuming thing again. A common theme here. Remember we are talking about a deal that Marotta should be able to do in his sleep based on these concrete conditions.

RVP, Higuain and even Dzeko though, already do have a better choice laid on their legs. Do you deny that?
If this sentence means that they have better options, we'll see...

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
30 mil + Melo + Giovinco... Are you out of your mind ? That's about 50 mil... Wouldn't even want him anywhere near our jersey for that kind of money...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Like it's some kind of fucking easy deal to sign players of this magnitude, who are surely wanted by many other teams lol.

Listen, I genuinely do not care about you. Look around, I'm not the first or last to laugh at the posts you make. You make them to get a response.

Before I go further I'll just say that I initially responded to you saying that Napoli wanted Giovinco and Melo and therefore only an incompetent manager could no pull off this deal on this basis. Just to be clear. All the other tangents you have flown off to afterwards are interesting, but not my reason to respond.

Prove? If one of those four things are not valid the deal is dead. Read those things and recognise that the parameters change if Napoli don't accept those conditions. I don't believe they do, for a second.

Melo is nothing to do with Napoli or Cavani. This is the point where you start moving away from the situation. Remember, it's this easy Cavani deal because Napoli want Giovinco and Melo.

See above.

Already answered.

Yes, which is one reason why your utopian transfer market does not exist.

Ok, now you're throwing all sorts of different offers around. I didn't respond to these things. And it's guesswork anyway, just your opinion. You're not a football man or expert so I'm sorry but your opinion doesn't validate how successful a general manager is.

Not disagreeing.

If it's actually real. For once acknowledge this point, if you ignore it again I will not respond further.

Seems we are talking about two different things after all. When you say 'scrap that 30m fee' are you taking about just offering two players in exchange for Cavani, or one plus €30m? Giovinco plus €30m is far too much, that's more like €48m-€50m. And then of course we are assuming Napoli actually want these players.

If they acually want them...

They you go, that assuming thing again. A common theme here. Remember we are talking about a deal that Marotta should be able to do in his sleep based on these concrete conditions.

If this sentence means that they have better options, we'll see...
i DID read, nice 'decortication'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)