Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (25 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Vucinic, Gio, and JoJo all excel/prefer playing on the left, so more logical suggestions would be Sanchez/Suarez/Ramirez even if the former two seem unlikely, while the latter is being courted by Liverpool (we should/could get him if we really want).

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Vucinic, Gio, and JoJo all excel/prefer playing on the left, so more logical suggestions would be Sanchez/Suarez/Ramirez even if the former two seem unlikely, while the latter is being courted by Liverpool (we should/could get him if we really want).
But how do we know for sure that Gio doesn't work on the RW? Chiellini wasn't a CB either until he was put in that position...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
But how do we know for sure that Gio doesn't work on the RW? Chiellini wasn't a CB either until he was put in that position...
True, and Pirlo wasnt a deep lying playmakaer, Zambrotta was not a full back. Although I also think Gio is more effective on the left, but I think he could be quite decent on the left as well, especially if he moves a bit closer to goal and leaves the wing more to Licht.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ramirez will be awesome. He is potentially better than Sanchez. Don't get me wrong; I don't wanna get rid of Gio, but I'd also rather not miss out on a young promising talent like Ramirez.

As for Suarez, I don't think it's impossible to acquire him, but it will be tremendously difficult.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I get your point, but I think it's going to be difficult to get Ramirez or Sanchez as well, but maybe I'm just too afraid to set my expectations too high? Anyway, I'll be more than happy if we sign just one world class player (Cavani), and that's why I'll settle for Gio! :)
And I do think he could work on the RW - even if it takes some time to get used to the position...

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
Chelsea FC target Edinson Cavani also wanted by Juventus FC - report

Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, who has been linked with Chelsea and Manchester City, has reportedly emerged as Juventus' top summer transfer target.

Cavani recently cast doubt on his future at the San Paolo by as good as admitting that failure to qualify for next season's Champions League could lead to him seeking a summer transfer.

The Uruguay international later insisted he is happy at Napoli, but according to Goal.com, he is Juve's top transfer target for the summer transfer window, with the Old Lady willing to include several players as part of any potential deal in a bid to convince the Partenopei to part company with their prize asset.

According to Tuesday's report, Juventus are prepared to include Paolo De Ceglie, Sebastian Giovinco and or Alessandro Matri as part of a deal for Cavani.

Napoli are believed to have been monitoring De Ceglie for some time.

Last week the Daily Star reported that Man City are keen on luring Cavani to the Etihad Stadium and were said to have opened talks with officials from the Serie A club.

City boss Roberto Mancini is known to be a big admirer of Cavani and has been tracking him for some time.

Mancini is believed to be ready to offer Emmanuel Adebayor to the Italians as part of a deal for the forward.

Adebayor, who has just finished a season-long loan deal at Tottenham, looks unlikely to make a permanent move to White Hart Lane, with Spurs unwilling to meet his personal demands.

Mancini recently confirmed the former Arsenal striker did not have a future at the Etihad, with the Togo star one of several big names likely to be offloaded by City this summer.

Despite the interest from Mancini and from Chelsea, it is Juventus who are the bookmakers' favourites to win the race to sign Cavani this summer, ahead of Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, and Man City.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Marotta better not F this one up! Cavani makes us CL contenders right away! of course we need futher upgrading but our striker position would be secure! Pirlo to Cavani all day!

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Would not like to see DC going the other way seeing the progress he's made this season. Tbh I'd rather we paid straight cash for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)