Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (43 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hi guys, usually i don't post, just read though i follow the forum since 4-5 years. But i must say that this summer it will all be different - we managed to win the 30th(with a possible double) and with CL football once again we are an attractive destination for top players. That's what we missed till now. Starting a new cycle sometimes means surprisingly winning with a squad that's not that great, but pushing this cycle towards its climax requires certain upgrades. Investing in minimum 2 top players(i suppose all of them in the striker department) would be a must! I think Vucinic must be a starter next season so we can focus on the other to spots for attackers(if we maintain 4-3-3 system) + on his day he can be wc and that's undisputable (workrate, technique, flair, vision and clever passing) he has it all...though he's a bit incosistent. Cavani and let's say Di maria for 60(35 + 25)mil would be sex. Both guys are hard workers, one is a natural goalscoring machine and the other a creative wide player who can really well cut in the box. It's clear Matri and Quag aren't Del Piero and Trezeguet so replacements for those 2 champions are required...
:tup:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Hi guys, usually i don't post, just read though i follow the forum since 4-5 years. But i must say that this summer it will all be different - we managed to win the 30th(with a possible double) and with CL football once again we are an attractive destination for top players. That's what we missed till now. Starting a new cycle sometimes means surprisingly winning with a squad that's not that great, but pushing this cycle towards its climax requires certain upgrades. Investing in minimum 2 top players(i suppose all of them in the striker department) would be a must! I think Vucinic must be a starter next season so we can focus on the other to spots for attackers(if we maintain 4-3-3 system) + on his day he can be wc and that's undisputable (workrate, technique, flair, vision and clever passing) he has it all...though he's a bit incosistent. Cavani and let's say Di maria for 60(35 + 25)mil would be sex. Both guys are hard workers, one is a natural goalscoring machine and the other a creative wide player who can really well cut in the box. It's clear Matri and Quag aren't Del Piero and Trezeguet so replacements for those 2 champions are required...
jesus christ, you better leave this forum. that post made way too much sense :p +rep

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
The thing is, I really think we need to prove ourself in Champions League one season or two before really becoming an attractive destination (to players outside Italy)! Of course our 30th title has won us a lot of respect worldwide, but I think the reason why players like Van Persie don't think Juve would be a move up (which it definitely would be) is because we haven't been consistent enough the past years, and I think a good perfomance in the next year's Champions League (and at least a top two position on Serie A) could prove a lot of players wrong.

That's why I think Cavani would be a crucial signing. He's a world class player and he knows for sure that Juventus is an amazing club. He already knows that Serie A is a great league, and he doesn't think that Premier League and Primera Division are the only two decent leagues in the world. Sadly, I think it's going to be hard to attract the best of the best players on the market in this window because - first of all other clubs offer more money and secondly because Serie A sadly just isn't as attractive as Premier League or Primera Division for players outside Italy. We need to show everyone that Juventus can beat everyone in Champions League (just like Bayern did for Germany this season).

Cavani could really be the player to bring us back in the spotlight! He's already getting a lot of attention in Napoli because everyone thinks they are playing entertaining football, but if he joined Juve he could really complete an already amazing team and make it possible for us to win even Champions League. Furthermore, even though he's a star in the football world, he doesn't take the attention away from the rest of the team like Ibra. He really is a team player.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Where did you get this?

Again, the quote-less article said that he didn't see Juventus as a significant upgrade. So there are many problems with it.
Oh, I didn't know it was quote less. I was just reading what you guys were saying. :p

Well that's good news. :)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
^ I'm beginning to like RVP more and more, I wish he didn't see us as a step down. :cry:
I dont think he is seeing us as a step down or (not a step up)...
I think some english paper who is pro Arsenal published it without any foundations

Arsenal finished 3rd well below City and UTD

We are currently better than Man Utd and even if others may think we are on par with them there is still a gap between Utd and Arsenal therefore a gap between us and Arsenal

History certainly tells that we are a much more prestigous club with more titles
Therefore I cant see anyone saying Arsenal is better not even an Arsenal fan

I still would like Cavani or Higuain as I rate them higher than RVP but I wouldnt mind RVP as well as we would finally have a good finisher

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Dzeko knows how to score goals as he had shown at Wolfsburg
As for City`s Dzeko 13 goals in 29 games while he was a sub in many of them
Not that bad...
Its funny to think that before he joined City people rated him as one of the best strikers and now they dont consider him a top player...
I still think he is a great player altough I admit I rather have Cavani or Higuain as I see them more mobile

BTW I think our board should scout Insigne

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Dzeko knows how to score goals as he had shown at Wolfsburg
As for City`s Dzeko 13 goals in 29 games while he was a sub in many of them
Not that bad...
Its funny to think that before he joined City people rated him as one of the best strikers and now they dont consider him a top player...
I still think he is a great player altough I admit I rather have Cavani or Higuain as I see them more mobile

BTW I think our board should scout Insigne
that's not why they don't want him. the reason they don't want him is because they don't think he would fit with our style of play.

These people have no idea what they are talking about and should just log out of this forum permanently and cease producing offsprings. a good striker will score goals regardless of what formation he plays in (as long as he is played as the main striker)

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
that's not why they don't want him. the reason they don't want him is because they don't think he would fit with our style of play.

These people have no idea what they are talking about and should just log out of this forum permanently and cease producing offsprings. a good striker will score goals regardless of what formation he plays in (as long as he is played as the main striker)
I watched the end of the shitty game last night. Dzeko made an instant impact when he came on. Not just because he scored but i thought his movement was great. When he broke left to gather on the wing and bring other players into the play he did it well and when he moved into the box to try and get on the end of a pass he did that well too. I personally would prefer Cavani because I like him more but if we ended up with Dzeko we'd be going up in terms of quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)