Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (5 Viewers)

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
City's strategy: "Ok, we suck at this football thing. But OK, let's check out the transfer plans of someone who really knows their stuff, every summer. Juventus, for instance. And we take whoever they're interested in."

I wouldn't be surprised.
If we had Moggi he would be talking to the media how much he admires Denis (Atalanta guy), city would make 20-30 million bid for him and we end up signing Cavani. The only one thing I don't like about Marrotta is that he likes to go after players which are left out or not wanted in their own teams.
1. Pirlo,
2. Vucinic,
3. Boriello,
4. Barzagli,
5. Quag,

Well these players turned out to be great signings (except Boriello), still my point is he won't go in a bidding war with City or any other teams who are willing to overprice. Maybe it was because in his first two years we didn't have Champions League and we had two crappy seasons.

But if they beat Bayern :confused:

Anyway, Higauin will join a club in CL, so you might be right, that it won't be Chelsea. I still prefere Cavani to Higuain, BUT that said, I would be very very happy if the Argentine joined us.
No they are not going to beat Bayern. That's just common sense. And No Champions League for Chelsea next season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
City's strategy: "Ok, we suck at this football thing. But OK, let's check out the transfer plans of someone who really knows their stuff, every summer.
I see that winning a scudetto has quite an effect on peeps memory bank :D

---------- Post added 12.05.2012 at 16:09 ----------

Hell yes,please pleas !

He would be fucking awesome .

El Pipita :heart:

Cavani can go fuck himself,i don't care about him .
And then next week, or even possible coming couple days, you will read that Higuain is going to PSG and that Cavani is closer to us, and will say the exact opposite of the above :D

FYI; we wont get neither...

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
And then next week, or even possible coming couple days, you will read that Higuain is going to PSG and that Cavani is closer to us, and will say the exact opposite of the above :D

FYI; we wont get neither...
I always saied Higuain is my favourite CF,i prefer him over every CF in the world .
As for Cavani i don't think we have chances to sign him,but yeah Higuain may go to PSG :cry:

Nedvěd

I don´t understand why most of the people think Cavani is perfect for us. He scores, runs, defends and is hard-working. But we need other qualities, too, up front.

Vucinic, who was thought to be lazy, wasn´t the type of player that many would think "suit" us but he has important technique quality to play a possesion football while Conte has made him to run a lot, too. Cavani, on the other hand for me, is not ideal for this kind of football and the coach is unable to change this quality that he lacks of. I think Curva is reliable but really I failed to believe this case, that Cavani is the player that Conte most wants. If it's ture, it might be a mistake from Conte although he is a coach that I always defend and believe.

We play possession football and pass the ball to each other and our attacking players have very little space. So a lot of technique and class are needed. Cavani is a very good count-attacker. But when Napoli has to face small teams that close on space, he shows a lot of technique defects, like can´t stop the ball well and his passing is poor. He is a better striker than Matri and moves well off the ball but on ball he is no better than Matri. Actually Matri can score 20 goals in a team that doesn´t play possession football (i.e. his season with Del Neri). Our strikers are not world-class but it is also our system that makes them weaker because this systema requires more technique quality while the system of Napoli favours Cavani and it is more centered on speed, resistence, physical attributes than technical qualities and it´s a fact that Cavani is not as good in Uruguay NT.

We need forwards/strikers with better technique quality.

PS: indeed we are the team that has made more shots but most of them are from our midfielders.
I agree about what you said, but you're wrong about Cavani's technique. The guy has a great touch and composure on the ball, and he is capable of taking insane shots, he got technique loads of it.
In his Palermo days he used to hold the ball more, and his on ball qualities and shielding were the reason I used to like him. He was like a Berbatov with Palermo, and with Napoli his finishing improved to a next level.

The guy would fit Juve, and would help Juve to dominate Italian football and have a shot at the Champions league.

Primitive

Jul 21, 2011
Hi guys, usually i don't post, just read though i follow the forum since 4-5 years. But i must say that this summer it will all be different - we managed to win the 30th(with a possible double) and with CL football once again we are an attractive destination for top players. That's what we missed till now. Starting a new cycle sometimes means surprisingly winning with a squad that's not that great, but pushing this cycle towards its climax requires certain upgrades. Investing in minimum 2 top players(i suppose all of them in the striker department) would be a must! I think Vucinic must be a starter next season so we can focus on the other to spots for attackers(if we maintain 4-3-3 system) + on his day he can be wc and that's undisputable (workrate, technique, flair, vision and clever passing) he has it all...though he's a bit incosistent. Cavani and let's say Di maria for 60(35 + 25)mil would be sex. Both guys are hard workers, one is a natural goalscoring machine and the other a creative wide player who can really well cut in the box. It's clear Matri and Quag aren't Del Piero and Trezeguet so replacements for those 2 champions are required...

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I just can't believe it until I see top players sign for us, let me remind all of us that fucking mediocre unstable arsenal have signed 2 good players already while we are still partying and our last few years record on mercato is not good.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I just can't believe it until I see top players sign for us, let me remind all of us that fucking mediocre unstable arsenal have signed 2 good players already while we are still partying and our last few years record on mercato is not good.
Oh well, I suppose we'll have to make do with our scudetto celebration, chance for an unbeaten season and domestic cup final.

Fucking Arsenal...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Hi guys, usually i don't post, just read though i follow the forum since 4-5 years. But i must say that this summer it will all be different - we managed to win the 30th(with a possible double) and with CL football once again we are an attractive destination for top players. That's what we missed till now. Starting a new cycle sometimes means surprisingly winning with a squad that's not that great, but pushing this cycle towards its climax requires certain upgrades. Investing in minimum 2 top players(i suppose all of them in the striker department) would be a must! I think Vucinic must be a starter next season so we can focus on the other to spots for attackers(if we maintain 4-3-3 system) + on his day he can be wc and that's undisputable (workrate, technique, flair, vision and clever passing) he has it all...though he's a bit incosistent. Cavani and let's say Di maria for 60(35 + 25)mil would be sex. Both guys are hard workers, one is a natural goalscoring machine and the other a creative wide player who can really well cut in the box. It's clear Matri and Quag aren't Del Piero and Trezeguet so replacements for those 2 champions are required...
I'm also positive about the mercato.

Post more often, dude :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)