Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (26 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Hope this falls through

€16M with €7M net wages for a 34 yr old is appalling. This is a record fee for a 34 yr old if I'm correct. Atleast if De Sciglio had gone the other way for money it would have been somewhat acceptable but we're not getting that either.

Deals like these is what leads to financial mismanagement. Block this deal and get rid of Paratici please.
Roma backed out from MDS, MDS didn't want, or no actual link in the first place?

What awfull managment that this deal is still not done and where going into a new season playing Ronaldo probably out of position again because we have dont have one striker to call on. This deal should of been done ages ago.
Yes, the mgmt should've exercised their ability to mind control Barca's and Napoli's mgmt.

Weren't you complaining how we should sign another midfielder first before focusing on a striker (as if mgmt can only deal with one player/position at a time) not too long ago?

Said months ago (when 100m Pjanic ectotherms were hyperventilating thinking we were buying Milik for 50m) that Milik will leave mid September earliest for around half that amount. With his contract running out, Napoli has had no leverage and it was a waiting game. Can't blame our mgmt for Roma not buying Milik so that we can buy Dzeko lol.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Hope this falls through

€16M with €7M net wages for a 34 yr old is appalling. This is a record fee for a 34 yr old if I'm correct. Atleast if De Sciglio had gone the other way for money it would have been somewhat acceptable but we're not getting that either.

Deals like these is what leads to financial mismanagement. Block this deal and get rid of Paratici please.
Imagine being one of those having spent 4 years bitching about 90 mil for a 28 year old Higuaín (who I didn’t even like pre-Juve) fresh off breaking the all-time Serie A record for goals, who proceeded to help lead us to a near treble in his first season... and now praising paying 16 mil and 7 mil net wages for a 34 yr old coming off a very poor season. Lol Some high expectations for poor Edin being set. I sincerely hope he lives up to them.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Imagine being one of those having spent 4 years bitching about 90 mil for a 28 year old Higuaín (who I didn’t even like pre-Juve) fresh off breaking the all-time Serie A record for goals, who proceeded to help lead us to a near treble in his first season... and now praising paying 16 mil and 7 mil net wages for a 34 yr old coming off a very poor season. Lol Some high expectations for poor Edin being set. I sincerely hope he lives up to them.
Is Badass for this transfer? That explains a lot

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Hope this falls through

any realistic alternatives? i mean i don't like the financial aspect of this deal the slightest, but with 2 weeks left of the mercato and no real alternatives in sight, it would be an even filthier mess if this deal collapsed.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
There's no correlation between those 2 competitions. We can sign 10 non EU players, but can only register 2 (1 needs some international caps) for serie A games. Both competitions have their own set of rules.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
There's no correlation between those 2 competitions. We can sign 10 non EU players, but can only register 2 (1 needs some international caps) for serie A games. Both competitions have their own set of rules.
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I've never seen a player play in the CL without being eligible for the league.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
I don't know a specific case because players that are in the CL squad are important to the club so they're automatically picked up for the league too, apart from the youngsters / home grown players. It's a debate now because with the corona the window is shorter and registration times are tough to manage.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
:think:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I don't think anyone is praising the financial details of the deal, we all agree it's quite high.
I for one, just want a striker in the team who can score 15 odd goals and provide 10+ assists ASAP, and Dzeko fits the bill perfectly.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Roma backed out from MDS, MDS didn't want, or no actual link in the first place?

Yes, the mgmt should've exercised their ability to mind control Barca's and Napoli's mgmt.

Weren't you complaining how we should sign another midfielder first before focusing on a striker (as if mgmt can only deal with one player/position at a time) not too long ago?

Said months ago (when 100m Pjanic ectotherms were hyperventilating thinking we were buying Milik for 50m) that Milik will leave mid September earliest for around half that amount. With his contract running out, Napoli has had no leverage and it was a waiting game. Can't blame our mgmt for Roma not buying Milik so that we can buy Dzeko lol.
Yes i did want a midfielder but its quite clear that the club has no in interest buying another midfielder and putting all there eggs on Arthur being the next Xavi. Everything we heard over the last few weeks is them pissing around trying sign a sign striker and not completing any of them.

First it was milik, then Dzeko, then Kean, then Sureaz and now where back to Dzeko again and now we start the Season with not a single one. Sems like the club are just throwing darts at pictures of strikers on the wall and picking who ever the dart lands on.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yes i did want a midfielder but its quite clear that the club has no in interest buying another midfielder and putting all there eggs on Arthur being the next Xavi. Eevrything we heard over the last few weeks is them pissing around trying sign a sign striker and not completing any of them.

First it was milik, then Dzeko, then Kean, then Sureaz and now where back to Dzeko again and now we start the Season with not a single one. Sems like the club are just throwing darts at pictures of strikers on the wall and picking who ever the dart lands on.
It's called having multiple options and backup plans (and Kean is being pursued for a diff squad role altogether in 4th striker, the longer the wait the less leverage Everton has; Milik was a long time ago under diff coach).

And going after other alternatives probably hurried Roma and Dzeko up or there would've been even longer wait.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Yes i did want a midfielder but its quite clear that the club has no in interest buying another midfielder and putting all there eggs on Arthur being the next Xavi. Everything we heard over the last few weeks is them pissing around trying sign a sign striker and not completing any of them.

We really can't afford another midfielder unless we get rid of Khedira and Ramsey.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just looked his stats up. He actually had a decent season it looks like as far as goals and assists go. :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think anyone is praising the financial details of the deal, we all agree it's quite high.
I for one, just want a striker in the team who can score 15 odd goals and provide 10+ assists ASAP, and Dzeko fits the bill perfectly.
Fair enough. Wouldn’t mind him here on a free with those wages at all. Or paying that fee on cheap wages. But the combination of that fee and those wages for 34 yr old Dzeko is pretty bleh.

Regardless, I hope he’s a smashing success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)