Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (4 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
most of us are, i guess. it's the reported costs that make me think once again. 15m transfer fee plus 7-7,5m net would make him one of the most expensive players of the squad. that's around 20-21m per season, and only cr, de ligt and costa cost more than 20m for the club. (higuain also did, and dybala would too with an improved salary)
This is what happens when you are backed into a corner through either circumstances, bad or slow choices, or a combination of both. Other clubs know exactly what you want and it's hard to negotiate. You have to pay top dollar to buy or even to get rid of players.

We've put ourselves in this situation too often recently. Some of it is down to Covid, the coach change, the previous coach choice. Higuain might've stayed if Sarri was still here but there has been a lot of hesitancy due to finances.

At least Roma have Milik in hand now, so it suits all parties to get Dzeko off their wage bill and onto ours.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
On a side and serious note though, Dzeko’s hold-up play is too good, one of the best in Europe. I’m sure Pirlo will make a good use of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
On a side and serious note though, Dzeko’s hold-up play is too good, one of the best in Europe. I’m sure Pirlo will make a good use of that.
I like that and also reading where he is good in the air. A BIG presence to go along with CR7 and #10. Looking over stats I'll take this guy who has averaged 19 goals/assists in league play last 3 years. Go beyond that to 2016-17 where he has 29 G and 9 A in league play. Add to that 13 Roma goals in last 18 CL matches over 2 years. Forget the age but comparison to Higgy, a player I liked a lot, Dzeko probably will be better shape at 40 than present day Higgy. CR7 ain't getting any younger and getting a proven scorer is a plus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)