Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (3 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Not really. No long term contract, and less than 20% of Higuain's transfer fee.
higuain cost us ~32-33m per season.
dzeko will cost us ~22m.

and we have to pay higuain's severance pay, plus the capital loss is a 100% certain 18m in our next financial report.

financially, it's still a nightmare, no two ways about it. if higuain was more useful than a half-legged war veteran or a primavera kid, he'd still be here.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
higuain cost us ~32-33m per season.
dzeko will cost us ~22m.

and we have to pay higuain's severance pay, plus the capital loss is a 100% certain 18m in our next financial report.

financially, it's still a nightmare, no two ways about it. if higuain was more useful than a half-legged war veteran or a primavera kid, he'd still be here.
Signing a 29 year old for 90 million euros one of many worst deals of marotta

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
My question is will Pirlo insist on starting Dybala, Dzeko and CR7 at the same time? Will it work? If it struggles, how long will we continue to see it.

if it fails, who will be the odd man out?

@Bianconero81
Obviously, you leave Dzeko out, clearly the inferior option out of the 3. I mean, logic entails, you play one of the greatest players all time and your young stud, leaving grandfather time on the bench.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I don't know what to say. He seems to look good and I see many tuzers praising him, so he will probably come good.
To be better than higuain is not that hard, but his transfer fee and wages 22 mil. / season, if we don't sell them de shitio is going to make me sad and dzeko will have to be wc for the move to be worth it.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
My question is will Pirlo insist on starting Dybala, Dzeko and CR7 at the same time? Will it work? If it struggles, how long will we continue to see it.

if it fails, who will be the odd man out?

@Bianconero81
If it fails then no doubt Dzeko's signing wasn't a wise move especially given the financial commitment. Though maybe Dzeko's Roma accomplishments not on the level of doing it at Juve, but playing with CR7 and #10 who opponents no doubt will concentrate on, might open it up more for Dzeko? Who did he have alongside him at Roma?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
There should be no "we'll see." Dzeko is not a starting caliber player for this Juventus team, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined. We're talking about a 34 year old coming from Roma, not some budding superstar joining from Ligue 1, The Bundesliga or La Liga.
He is a starter simply because we have no other player who thrives as a number 9. Dybala is either a second striker or trequartista while Ronaldo likes to play on the wing.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The player himself is good but the deal in terms of money is a disaster.
I'm surprised we didn't get bent over any harder. We were about to start the season without a healthy striker and everyone knew this.

It's like paying double the price for a fourth tire. But you need the fourth tire to drive the car. So what do.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So we don't need another striker? That is it? Only have Ronaldo and Dybala for 2 positions?

Ok.
Don’t bother with the likes of him. They are yet to provide ONE alternative name to the likes of Dzeko and Suarez, who we can a) afford, b) would be willing to sign with us c) would actually be better than them

They’ll just piss and moan about the price and the age of the player and spam the thread with nonsense. Me personally, I am happy we have the striker that Pirlo seemingly wanted and who actually resembles a professional athlete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)