Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (5 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Let me do this math for the two years contract:

Dzeko: 15m fee + 15m salary by 2 = 45. Zero reale value after the two years.
Milik: 25m fee + 9m wage by 2 = 43. Possibly a resale value after two years.

We are really good at it :sergio: and don't bring me the "Napoli asked us more money" as they were the only club we can buy player in the world
But Dzeko is a much better player, so...that’s usually how it works.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 23, 2011
And you still would get 40 so your point is...
That we don't have enough goals in our team and that we still need a second proven goalscorer because we don't have one other than Ronaldo. If we would have the MVPP midfield i'd agree with you but we literally have no contribution from the rest of the team. I think the last two seasons in the CL and the last one in serie A prove that.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Mixed feelings about this.

I rate Dzeko highly and he is rarely injured. I think this is a better signing than Suarez would have been, dzeko seems more likely to age better and take a more professional approach to his fitness.

Still, that age and high wage though... gambling a lot on how well he can age.

- - - Updated - - -

We are getting him too?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Mixed feelings about this.

I rate Dzeko highly and he is rarely injured. I think this is a better signing than Suarez would have been, dzeko seems more likely to age better and take a more professional approach to his fitness.

Still, that age and high wage though... gambling a lot on how well he can age.

- - - Updated - - -

We are getting him too?
Only 2 years.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
That we don't have enough goals in our team and that we still need a second proven goalscorer because we don't have one other than Ronaldo. If we would have the MVPP midfield i'd agree with you but we literally have no contribution from the rest of the team. I think the last two seasons in the CL and the last one in serie A prove that.
Any average striker backup would give you the 8 goals Pipa did last year in a teams like Juventus IMO

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Dzeko always took great care of himself, and he seems very fit at the moment, judging by his recent game for Bosnia. I'm not so worried about age when it comes to players like that, who throughout their careers have been absolute pros when it comes to training and fitness. The best example is obviously Ronaldo, but another one worth mentioning is Zlatan, who will be 39 (!) next month. Dzeko at 34 is fine with me, when we really need a bomber and the season is just days away and the agreement is just for 2 years.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
De Žeko it is then. I don't expect a high intensity press play or movement then, but expect the play to be simplified with crosses, headers, simple but repetative finishes etc. Good for the league but unlikely in CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)