Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (25 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Yes i was not convinced when the takeover toke place, but im now! city's owners will not let the standard drop. but to be one of the best teams over 30 years are imposseble. all teams have their downs and transition periods. 'Citys owners have 600 billion usd in the bank! the amount they used to buy City they earn in one week.
so its pocket money for them.
Exactly so if and when they get bored and walk away losing their pocket money but saddling city with a crippling wage bill

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Good post Alen, basic explanation of the reality of City, I dont hate them, nor do I think many do, its just that new money is new money. Doesnt buy respect, success over prolonged period of time does. And I it will take quite a while for City to get that (4th place in their league is tasking enough).

zeven

Sep 28, 2010
I dont think Dzeko who were a Milan fan would choose Juventus because of which player have played for Juventus in the past, i think he care more about the future and his own future than the clubs history! thats a reasion he never will join Liverpool.

and you must agree that today City and Juventus have the same ambition and the same chance of Camp league. the only difference is, he will earn more money at city and he will know city are the power to always get quality players in when needed to sustain as force in football. Juventus can match that. so the future are brighter for city than juventus.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
yes but you just cant buy a world 11 and guarentee success you need to know how to build a team with the right mentality, right now city are on course to be the galacticos mark II.

and all new players to juve speak of how heavy the tradition of Juve ways on thier shoulders and how proud they are to wear the famous Bianconieri jersey, I have yet to hear one of citys new star buys say how proud they are to wear the man city shirt.

And you speak of tevez's history and you know he will eventually leave and you knew his history before you signed him as well a mercanary is your club captain

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I dont think Dzeko who were a Milan fan would choose Juventus because of which player have played for Juventus in the past, i think he care more about the future and his own future than the clubs history! thats a reasion he never will join Liverpool.

and you must agree that today City and Juventus have the same ambition and the same chance of Camp league. the only difference is, he will earn more money at city and he will know city are the power to always get quality players in when needed to sustain as force in football. Juventus can match that. so the future are brighter for city than juventus.
Why do you support City and how long have you supported them for?

zeven

Sep 28, 2010
Get bored? are you aware of what they do around the ground at eastlands? how much money they put on other investments on and around the club off the ptich? are you aware of what they have done around the world in the name of city? you have to be quite naiv if you think they just want to spend a lot of money for fun and then just leave, it does not make any sens what so ever. and like i said. the amount of money are just pocket change for them so why would they leave?

zeven

Sep 28, 2010
I agree, but Mancini do a damn good job as we can see. the team spirit is there they work hard for eachother, we can see that mancii gets his message across and we are in mix in the top!

zeven

Sep 28, 2010
My father worked there in the late 90s and we just happen to be in the blue area of manchester. it could have gone either way for me between united and city.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
While we're debating his future and getting all angry, Edin is in Sarajevo partying :D

He also played a charity match in Zenica to gather funds for a sick child:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
you have to be quite naiv if you think they just want to spend a lot of money for fun and then just leave, it does not make any sens what so ever. and like i said. the amount of money are just pocket change for them so why would they leave?
If it's not a lot of money to them, what is to say they won't leave when they realise City will never be a significant club?

How do you think City will get on with the new financial regulations?

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Get bored? are you aware of what they do around the ground at eastlands? how much money they put on other investments on and around the club off the ptich? are you aware of what they have done around the world in the name of city? you have to be quite naiv if you think they just want to spend a lot of money for fun and then just leave, it does not make any sens what so ever. and like i said. the amount of money are just pocket change for them so why would they leave?
yes just like shinawatra, gillet/hicks, the glazers even look at ambramovic he definatly does not have the same interest he had a few seasons ago. These owners are fickle all I am saying is there was a club before they took over and city would be naive not to have a contingency plan in place if they decided to walk away as blind fate could make your beloved club extinct

zeven

Sep 28, 2010
im aware that you are rebuilding as is city! thats why we hare on the SAME level and have the same ambition. i do believe city have a better squad today, is can change next year i dont know! what i try to say is: city are a very understandable choice for the future. city have one of the best squads in pl already and are willing to make it even better. Juventus cant match that insurance. its no chance for city to be in liverpools position and look at chelsea their squad is very old and they have no bench at all they didnt even have players enough to fill the 25 man squad same as arsenal. citys squad are young around 24.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)