Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (6 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:claire:

It makes no sense to me, Dzeko might be the best poacher in the world (although imo that would be Higuain) what's the reason for having 2 poachers all capable of scoring 15+ goals, and not having some amc's/ss'ers. We can't be relying on DP to save our asses one more year.
Can you imagine if our club had that same sense of thinking as you and others share right before we bought Trez? Trez brought us a TON of goals, granted we had good wingers then but who is to say that won't change by the end of this month?

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3,284
    It seems they were making an offer for Diego and we refused unless they include Dzeko in that deal - which was refused by their side.

There was talk for Barzagli as well.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    :claire:

It makes no sense to me, Dzeko might be the best poacher in the world (although imo that would be Higuain) what's the reason for having 3 poachers then (trez, amauri, dzeko) all capable of scoring 15+ goals, and not having some amc's/ss'ers. We can't be relying on DP to save our asses one more year.
    Trez is capable if he stays fit but he isnt young anymore and gets inured a lot
    Amauri 15 goals??? let me guess you watched the 1st leg of Juve vs Shamrock and thought to yourself he can do this against Shamrock so he could do this against everyone
    To remind you Amauri has played for us for how much is it 2 seasons now and so far he hasnt been proven as a goal machine

So the only player capable scoring that much is Dzeko

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
    But the thing is, you don't know what the rest of our Mercato will look like. Why don't you all wait till the end before passing judgment on the situation.
    Dzeko would mean no non-EU signings, so no Krasic, and we would be left with no transfer funds, or very little...having Dzeko in exchange for Diego is fucking retarded and having 4 poachers and 1 old, slow SS, AND Pepe on the wing for at least half a season is madness.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Dzeko would mean no non-EU signings, so no Krasic, and we would be left with no transfer funds, or very little...having Dzeko in exchange for Diego is fucking retarded and having 4 pachers and 1 old, slow SS for at least half a season is madness.
    Ok I`m convinced lets get Cassano too

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Trez is capable if he stays fit but he isnt young anymore and gets inured a lot
    Amauri 15 goals??? let me guess you watched the 1st leg of Juve vs Shamrock and thought to yourself he can do this against Shamrock so he could do this against everyone
    To remind you Amauri has played for us for how much is it 2 seasons now and so far he hasnt been proven as a goal machine

So the only player capable scoring that much is Dzeko
    Refer to my sig, Orgut. Its ok because we have Amauri. :tup:
    Dzeko would mean no non-EU signings, so no Krasic, and we would be left with no transfer funds, or very little...having Dzeko in exchange for Diego is fucking retarded and having 4 pachers and 1 old, slow SS for at least half a season is madness.
    You seem to forget that Agnelli wants to help fund this transfer so how do you know exactly that our funds will be out when our Coach clearly said he wants 2 other players outside of Dzeko? Come on dude, think outside the box. Mercato is not over. Plus we could sell IQ and Amauri as well...

We still have players like Grygera, Zebina, Tiago, IQ, Amauri even maybe Sissoko to sell for more money ontop of what "could" be left.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Refer to my sig, Orgut. Its ok because we have Amauri. :tup:

You seem to forget that Agnelli wants to help fund this transfer so how do you know exactly that our funds will be out when our Coach clearly said he wants 2 other players outside of Dzeko? Come on dude, think outside the box. Mercato is not over. Plus we could sell IQ and Amauri as well...

We still have players like Grygera, Zebina, Tiago, IQ, Amauri even maybe Sissoko to sell for more money ontop of what "could" be left.
    I actually noticed it after I posted my comment

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
    Ok I`m convinced lets get Cassano too
    That'd be amazing but given the Samp-Juve relationship like it's now it'd never happen, at least not this transfer window.

Hustini said:

Yeah, and without his funds we don't have enough funds to get a 20+ million man, so who would you propose is good enough to replace Diego while also having enough funds for a right winger, a left back and a center back?

Getting rid of Tiago would give us around 4 million, if that. Iaquinta around 5-7 million, Zebina and Grygera we'd be lucky to get a million from them (useless both of them). So that's maybe 10 -12 million, which is enough to get a decent left back, maybe. Definitely no Michel Bastos or Contreao, so it'd be yet another middle of the park signing.

Selling Amauri when Trez will leave either this or next summer would not be very smart, given that he's the "youngest" of our forwards.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    If everyone made sigs about some knee-jerk reaction on this forum that they feel somehow proves a point they try to make, the whole internet would explode.

:p

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    That'd be amazing but given the Samp-Juve relationship like it's now it'd never happen, at least not this transfer window.

Yeah, and without his funds we don't have enough funds to get a 20+ million man, so who would you propose is good enough to replace Diego while also having enough funds for a right winger, a left back and a center back?
    Bocchetti for loan(if it's true):free
    Ellia: 8m plus IQ
    LB: Could be Bocchetti for free.

I don't know man, use your imagination. We have a host of players that average clubs would probably take plus some money. Heck, maybe we could offer Amauri plus cash for Cassano and there is your creativity problem fixed. I'd take Cassano over Diego any day of the week, especially in this formation with this team and as an SS behind someone like Dzeko.

The only mystery to me is a LB. Who would you propose? I forgot we can sell Grosso or use in an exchange as well.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Here:

Buffon

Motta-Bonucci-Chiellini-Bocchetti

Lanzafame-Marchisio-Melo-Ellia

Dzeko-Cassano​

Subs: Buffon(Storari), Legro, Grygera(or Zebina), DC, Sissoko, new backup CM, DP, Trez, Martinez, IQ (or Amauri), Immobile...would have been nice to have Ekdal or Marrone as well.

That lineup is top 2 or 3 easily...very easily. And do-able. Then next year if Krasic wants to come we get him for free...as early as January we sign a pre contract with him to be with us for RM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)