Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (20 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
and the age old question of who is good enough to lead this attack for that kinda money? because I'm pretty certain that player doesn't exist.
First of all, we don't need someone to lead our attack, we need a backup.

And I'm not saying we can get someone young and decent for 15M. But we supposedly have no money, and proceed to make a huge loss by releasing our only striker AND pay him to leave, then are (rumoured to be) spending 15M on a 34 year old along with his high wages. That is terrible management.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
First of all, we don't need someone to lead our attack, we need a backup.

And I'm not saying we can get someone young and decent for 15M. But we supposedly have no money, and proceed to make a huge loss by releasing our only striker AND pay him to leave, then are (rumoured to be) spending 15M on a 34 year old along with his high wages. That is terrible management.
Problem is it's evident to me that Pirlo requested or needs a proper #9 a focal point in attack, now unless you really want to scrape the bottom of the barrel and go for a really cheap option in Giroud who is still going to cost us min 5 mill in wages anyways plus a small transfer fee of some kind.

At least what I can safely say is that despite Dzeko's age he is in good shape, you could argue the same about cavani but is paying his 12 mill a season demand good business? no. If anything Suarez would have been the best option financially with the tax break, but I think if Pirlo had to pick between suarez or dzeko to meet his needs, he'd pick the latter and to be honest the management would be seen as not helping Pirlo thus setting him up to fail already.

However you look at it Higuain had to go, if he was in half the physical shape of dzeko then I don't think we would have released him, but he's either feeling sorry for himself, out of form or out of shape, or the mix of all 3. What would have been worse is not letting the likes of Higuain and matuidi go and add dzeko to the mix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)