Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (34 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Who gives a fuck about City for fuck sake. How long will we read about how great city is in this thread? Mods? This is getting annoying you know?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
you Claim city has no Legends? i can assure you as a city supporter you're wrong.
Just none that many people will have heard of, either guys from 30 years ago (Francis Lee, Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee) and after that you are looking at Niall Quinn and Shaun Goater FFS :lol: Sorry I missed Uwe Rosler, those are players chosen officially by the club for the hall of fame.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Just none that many people will have heard of, either guys from 30 years ago (Francis Lee, Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee) and after that you are looking at Niall Quinn and Shaun Goater FFS :lol: Sorry I missed Uwe Rosler, those are players chosen officially by the club for the hall of fame.
Lol

zeven

Sep 28, 2010
i did. if i remember right you said City has not legends, i guess you meant World recognized world class players who are legends of the game in general. Then no we dont. but it dont lose any sleep over it either. :) But those player meant more for city fans than the world class players you may think of.

Look i know city place in history. you dont need to remind me of it :)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
i did. if i remember right you said City has not legends, i guess you meant World recognized world class players who are legends of the game in general. Then no we dont. but it dont lose any sleep over it either. :)
Every club has legends, even those in the 9th division in England.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Yes and i assumed we were talking about legends of the clubs not legends of the game.
That's the difference between City and the big teams. If you become a legend in Juventus for example, you will most likely become a legend of the game in general. Can't say the same about City.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Manchester City have agreed a fee for Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko, according to City manager Roberto Mancini.

Bosnia international Dzeko had been in talks regarding a move to Eastlands over the Christmas period, and Mancini confirmed that the 24-year-old was on his way.

"We have agreed a fee," Mancini said at his press conference ahead of Wednesday's trip to Arsenal. "He is a good player and all the teams in Europe want him. But we have an important game at Arsenal coming up and I will speak about him after that."

"We have agreed a fee," Mancini said at his press conference ahead of Wednesday's trip to Arsenal. "He is a good player and all the teams in Europe want him. But we have an important game at Arsenal coming up and I will speak about him after that."

Mancini has not revealed that amount agreed between the big-spending North-East side and the 2009 Bundesliga champions, but some reports have put the figure as high as £35 million.

Dzeko has been linked with a number of Europe's top clubs ever since his haul of 26 goals in just 32 games helped fire Wolfsburg to the title two years ago. He scoring rate has hardly dropped off since then, and he has already netted 10 times in 17 league appearances this season.

He had long courted a move to Milan, but is now set to join a roster of attacking talent that also features Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli, who both also arrived for big money.

Wolfsburg are currently struggling at the wrong end of the Bundesliga table, and the club's board met at the start of the German winter break to discuss whether to part company with manager Steve McClaren after just six months in the job.

However, they chose to stick by the former England boss, and the funds raised from the sale of Dzeko will go some way to helping rebuild the squad as their head coach sees fit.

McClaren believes Dzeko will be a success at City, who are currently joint-top of the Pemier League table with local rivals Manchester United.

McClaren told the Daily Mirror: "He will be ideal for City, especially alongside Carlos Tevez. That will be a very potent partnership, very strong.

"I wish him well and hope he fulfils his dream and potential there.

"He is a very, very good player and that is reflected in the price.

"He is a big lad, strong and quick too. He also has good technique.

"But most importantly he is a goalscorer who gets them with his left foot, his right foot, his head. That is what City are getting. He is a good buy for them."

Meanwhile, City will be without David Silva and Mario Balotelli for the crucial encounter at Arsenal.

The pair have both been struck down by knee injuries, with Silva possibly out for two weeks.

"It is a big problem," said Mancini. "Neither of them will be available."

Silva in particular will be a huge loss at the Emirates given his growing influence on the Blues in recent weeks.

"David has been an important player for us and has been doing well recently," said Mancini. "Hopefully, he will be back for the Wolves game on January 15. Mario might be back for the FA Cup tie at Leicester on Sunday."
Eurosport

I rarely, better to say never seen Eurosport's confirmed transfers were only rumors, so it's done in case anyone's is still dreaming..

Close this thread, bury it and bury city fans too, enough city bullshits already..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's the difference between City and the big teams. If you become a legend in Juventus for example, you will most likely become a legend of the game in general. Can't say the same about City.
Yep, but now the reasons are different. Big players would leave smaller clubs. Now big mercenaries have turned up to the small club with lots of money and won't hang around long enough to be considered club legends even if they might be football legends. Not that I see any at City.

zeven

Sep 28, 2010
Dude, nobody cares if you get any sleep at night or not. God, what is it with you and telling people about your sleep? :confused:
Let me put it this way, you can try and remind me how small, no history how shit my club is if it make you feel better, i dont care, you will not get any reaction from me! i know very well that City is not a gaint in world football.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not connected to Dzeko, but to his soon to be club.

After the Sheiks took over, Man City spent on transfer fees:

2008 ----- £122.35 million
- Robinho £32.5
- Jô £18m
- Nigel de Jong £16m
- Craig Bellamy £14m
- Wayne Bridge £10m
- Shaun Wright-Phillips £8.5m
- Pablo Zabaleta £6.45
- Vincent Kompany £6m
- Shay Given £5.9m
- Tal Ben Haim £5m

2009 ----- + £118.5 million
- Carlos Tévez £25.5m
- Emmanuel Adebayor £25m
- Joleon Lescott £22m
- Roque Santa Cruz £18m
- Kolo Touré £16m
- Gareth Barry £12m
- Adam Johnson undisclosed

2010 ----- £116 million
- Mario Balotelli £24m
- David Silva £24m
- Yaya Touré £24m
- James Milner £18m
- Aleksandar Kolarov £16m
- Jérôme Boateng £10m

TOTAL = £356.85 MILLION (416M EURO)

They are yet to qualify for the CL :lol:
Bright future :lol2: :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)