Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (22 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Spending $40M on a center forward is the biggest waste of money you can commit in the transfer market. CFs are all overvalued.

Obviously Dzeko is still a great player but I would be hesitant to even pay 30M
We payed almost 25 million for your boy Amauri and he never scored over 15 goals in a season. 30 million for Dzeko sounds reasonable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
To be fair, Amauri's 22.8m euro fee was more like 12.8 cash + useless Nocerino (7.5m value) and half of Lanzafame (2.5m value).

That sort of of deal is certainly more reasonable than had it been straight cash.

Apr 17, 2009
Actually I disagree. Doesn't matter if it was cash or players we gave them what both clubs valued at 22.8 or whatever it is. Which is like double what he should have cost. He's so far proved to be a terrible signing. 22.8m worth of assets down the pooper.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Actually I disagree. Doesn't matter if it was cash or players we gave them what both clubs valued at 22.8 or whatever it is. Which is like double what he should have cost. He's so far proved to be a terrible signing. 22.8m worth of assets down the pooper.
Regardless of whether you think it was a bad signing or not, it's still not as bad as if it had been a straight cash deal.

A) Players not in the plans and their wages = off the books (and we're seeing this season just how difficult this can be to accomplish)
B) More money for future outlays (not that we spent it wisely, but that's another issue altogether)

Apr 17, 2009
It would still be just as bad if we had given them all cash.

You don't think we could have liquidated Nocerino for 7m or half of Lanza for 2.5m? Because we surely could have. Quite easily and that's what it comes down to.

Also, Nocerino nor Lanzafame were not on a big salary at the time. So I don't get what your trying to say there. It's not as though they were both on 3m a year. Lanza made less than 1m back then and Nocerino's salary wasn't too much higher. So it's not like we had an issue with their wages.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This transfer will only make sense if we still have money left to buy a LB, RM, CB and CM too after we get Dzeko. It doesn't matter if we buy him for 5M, 30M or 50M.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We payed almost 25 million for your boy Amauri and he never scored over 15 goals in a season. 30 million for Dzeko sounds reasonable.
Ya that was way too much money lol. I said I'd be hesitant to spend 30M for Dzeko but I probably would. That's the max though.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I wonder if our high offer for Dzeko has inflated the price of other players we've been chasing since - i.e Bastos. Its made us look more generous then we really are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)