Edgar Davids (1 Viewer)

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah he is small but like you said you can feel and see his presence in a room :agree: Ive met the Pitbull a couple of times and he is always friendly, shame our Dutch press is always putting him into a negative way.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
They don't like his attitude towards the press and maybe the euro cup 1996 in Englands plays a part aswell, he had a big fight with Hiddink and was thrown out of the Dutch squad. All history but overhere the journalist don't forgive easy....

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
They don't like his attitude towards the press and maybe the euro cup 1996 in Englands plays a part aswell, he had a big fight with Hiddink and was thrown out of the Dutch squad. All history but overhere the journalist don't forgive easy....
They sure don't forgive easily, De Jong is still being criticized for that kick. The thing which I always dislike when the media writes about Davids is that they make him look like a bad boy, he has done alot of good things off the pitch and was professional on the pitch.

May 22, 2007
That's sad, for something that happened nearly 15 years ago. At least he gets a good reception from Juventus fans.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Exclusive: I Gave More Than 200 Per Cent To Juventus - Edgar Davids
Davids believes he gave his all for the Old Lady..

By Sergio Stanco

'Accendi una Stella or 'Raising A Star' is a new initiative by the Juventus marketing division at their new Della Alpi stadium, currently under construction, with areas being dedicated to a champion from the club's past - 50 in total.

Anyone can buy a piece, inextricably linking their name to their preferred club hero or legend as part of the team's new ground.

Some of the great players have already been exhausted by the fans, due to their popularity, Michel Platini, Giampiero Boniperti, Gaetano Scirea, Pavel Nedved, and Alessandro Del Piero to name a few.

But some choices are still in dispute, notably Zbigniew Boniek, who was a star in the 1980s and 90s, but is often an outspoken sports talkshow guest that has had opinions opposite to the Juventus fans.

Due to the backlash, the club decided to 'suspend' Boniek's star and among the candidates to take it is the former tenacious Juventus midfielder, known as the 'Pitbull', Edgar Davids.

Goal.com Italia caught up with the former Netherlands international to speak about his potential inclusion as a 'star' at the new Delle Alpi, his love for Juventus, and his plans for the future.

Goal.com: Edgar, you have obviously heard the recent controversy among supporters on the initiative and the choice of the stars at the new stadium: the Juventus fans did not like Boniek and pushed for his replacement. Among the most popular names, now, there is Edgar Davids. How does that make you feel?

"I'm obviously proud that the fans remember what I did in the past and appreciate it today. Of course it's a good thing, that makes me happy."

Goal.com: What effect did it have, however, having not been included from the start in the 50 elected players?

"To be honest I was a bit sorry. Everyone knows that I gave more than 200% for Juve and I consider myself still a Juventino (text, ed)."

Goal.com: Why do you think you deserve a worthy place at the new stadium?

"The fans have chosen the stars and will make the final decision, and if they think I have not done enough to deserve a place among the chosen, I must accept it. But this - I want to emphasise - does not mean that I have less love for a club that has given me so much and still has a special place in my heart."

Goal.com: In the list, among other things, there are many players who have worn the shirt but are not clearly identifiable as Bianconeri icons by history: but even today, Edgar Davids is loved by the fans and considered a Juventus great.

"Everyone knows a real Juventino. The Juve fans that have followed the club for a long time can distinguish between those who should receive recognition as important and those who do not deserve it at all."

Goal.com: What has Juventus left with you?

"Incredible memories and unforgettable lessons that can be transmitted to young people to make them understand the culture of work and success. Thinking of my relationship with the fans, I still shudder. When I hear them singing my song, it touches my heart."

Goal.com: And you, instead, what do you think you have given to Juve?

"Simply everything I had."

Goal.com: Do you still follow Juventus?

"Yes, yes, I follow them always, I always ask about the results and how players are doing on my former team. I follow them on the internet, of course, also on Goal.com and whenever I can I read Italian newspapers to keep me up to date."

Goal.com: Would you like to one day return to work in Turin and with Juve? Maybe with the youth players?

"I am always available to the teams where I played and of course above all a club like Juve. I would be honoured to be help this club in any way and I would do so if I were to be given the opportunity."

Goal.com: What is the best memory you carry within your Juventus experience?

"I remember every victory as if it were yesterday and - with much pleasure and a bit 'of nostalgia - even a meeting with Mr. [Umberto] Agnelli (text, ed)."

Goal.com: Are you still connected to those wonderful years at Juventus?

"I still have many friends in Italy and in particular to my former team-mates at Juve, but not only with the players, even with people who simply worked for the club."

Goal.com: Is there any other of your team-mates who deserved to be awarded one of the stars and yet was not considered?

"All the players who gave everything for the shirt, for many years - and led it to success - they deserve to have a star in the new stadium."

Goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)