Economics... (5 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Seven is my hero.

thinking the US healthcare system (if you wanna call it like that) is
good, or even worse, better than most of the european ones
:rofl:

you are eather rich, have never been seriously ill before,
or are working for a private insurance company to think like that.

a lot of people in the states simply can‘t afford the insurances,
which isn‘t exactly their fault.
all they can do is hope to never get a serious disease,
otherwise they‘ll be ruined.

and serious doesn‘t even have to be THAT serious. btw.

Between this thread and others, it's so rare I come across the ultra-gullible, ultra-dogmatic, ultra-biased, ultra-conservative, and completely lacking in any semblance of empathy or compassion types... It's always a treat on the rare occasions when they do come bumbling along with their incoherent, banal, and repetitive nonsense. I keep it a rare treat, so the delicious taste of their absurdities doesn't sour with overexposure.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

Between this thread and others, it's so rare I come across the ultra-gullible, ultra-dogmatic, ultra-biased, ultra-conservative, and completely lacking in any semblance of empathy or compassion types... It's always a treat on the rare occasions when they do come bumbling along with their incoherent, banal, and repetitive nonsense. I keep it a rare treat, so the delicious taste of their absurdities doesn't sour with overexposure.
:yawn:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #112
    Economics is not an exact science. Econ 101. Besides you applied the simplest of all economical theories to your argument, that's not scientific proof.

That's fitting a theory to your argument. So you sound smarter, but you are yet to prove anything. You just talked a lot of fancy stuff about the free market.

Present the data to back your assumption that the market improves a healthcare system and that a private healthcare system is more efficient that a public.

And don't throw around the idea of the invisible hand. There's a reason it's invisible.
    Btw @Juliano13, you ran away from this too.

It's what he does I guess, @DAiDEViL

- - - Updated - - -

There is debate about whether or not it is a human right, but I think it's fairly obvious that, in so far it is not today, it will be very soon.

And like I will keep explaining to people, private health insurance will not work for society as a whole. You will get entire segments of the population who are either virtually not able to get insurance (high premiums) or are literally not able to get insurance (uninsurable). With insurances being corporations, the prices will go up. I know people will say that the insurances will try to one up each other and that premiums will go down. I know the theory. It is not what happens in the real world. In the real world you get price fixing. I know it's illegal and I know it shouldn't happen. Well, guess what? It does. And it's incredibly hard to prove it does.

Other than that they will refuse to pay. You could sue them, yes. But chances are you signed off on an insurance policy without reading the fine print. And if you did read it, you probably didn't really understand what it meant anyway. So you might lose the lawsuit. Now you not only have your medical bills to worry about, you also get to pay your own lawyer and the lawyer fees of the insurance company. Good luck ever recovering from that setback. What if you win the lawsuit? Well, congratulations, now the insurance company will have to pay for whatever ailment you have. This time. They will also choose to not insure you in the future. In fact, not only will they not insure you, other insurance companies won't take you either. Because not only have you now demonstrated that you will need health care and are thus uninsurable, you've also shown that you are willing to sue and potentially cost thousands if not millions in damages. So yeah, they're going to take their business elsewhere.

Basically if you go down the route of private health insurance only, you're going to get fucked bigtime as a society.

But Juliano13 and Andy live in capitalist la la land, so I guess all these practical real world concerns are of no importance.
    I didn't see you responding to this post either, @Juliano13

You have NO actual solutions, NO real world experience. That much is obvious to me.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)