Ebola Outbreak (40 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Seeing some reports claiming the Dallas ebola patient, Thomas Duncan, has died.
Virus that kills 80% of people it comes into contact with, kills patient. Surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

I always thought we should cordon off/quarantine Dallas...
We should at least shut down all fights from the nations with Ebola. That's like Infectious Disease 101, "If the water is giving you diarrhea, stop drinking the water".

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Ebola mutating to become airborn transmittable

We had such an amazing laugh about it at university today.

We concluded its more likely for Nitrosomonas or Nitrobacter to become immume to gammaradiation while beeing able to break down cast iron AND concrete at the same time, then for Ebolavirus to become airborn.

As in about 5 million times more likely

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #172

We concluded its more likely for Nitrosomonas or Nitrobacter to become immume to gammaradiation while beeing able to break down cast iron AND concrete at the same time, then for Ebolavirus to become airborn.

:lol:

Other strains of Ebola have already been airborne, Humpty Dumpty. Ebola Reston, Ebola Zaire.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/12/health/ebola-airborne/

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Headline/ebola-mutation-contagious-spread/2014/09/19/id/595742/

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

I can just imagine, you guys drinking tea at the top 5 floor and laughing at all the peasants bellow.

- - - Updated - - -

Really can't wait for the Utopia third season. Seems it will be a good one.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I can just imagine, you guys drinking tea at the top 5 floor and laughing at all the peasants bellow.

- - - Updated - - -

Really can't wait for the Utopia third season. Seems it will be a good one.
    drinking lots of diet coke

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Its not easy trying to explain this to someone who isnt educated in microbiology why the first article is worthless info. SO i'll ask you a few questions instead

- why didnt swineflu cause a global pandemic in humans
    - what is the difference between mosquito's and humans when it comes to Malaria ?
    or, what is the difference between rodents and humans when it comes to black plague ?

Second article is a scientist strawmanning to get more pressing attention to his cause.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    what do you mean by strawman in the last sentence? (I know some people are going to take the piss cause you wrote it, but i'm actually asking seriously)

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #180
    Its not easy trying to explain this to someone who isnt educated in microbiology why the first article is worthless info. SO i'll ask you a few questions instead

- why didnt swineflu cause a global pandemic in humans
    - what is the difference between mosquito's and humans when it comes to Malaria ?
    or, what is the difference between rodents and humans when it comes to black plague ?

Second article is a scientist strawmanning to get more pressing attention to his cause.
    Then you should have specified you meant in humans.

Obviously in the current outbreak something has gone amiss if health workers are contracting the virus while taking the proper precautions as prescribed by the CDC, WHO, et cetera. The virus has supposedly mutated countless times over the past two weeks, so that is not a good sign that they can't even keep track of all the mutations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)