Ebay question (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Righto, I made an offer for something on Ebay (the headlight for my car actually), and emailed the guy selling it (actually, a car parts dealership). They told me the shipment to Bosnia was 29.00 € (the headlight I wanted to buy was 50 €) and asked me to respond if it was OK. In the meantime I found an other way to get the headlight, and I sent him an email asking to withdraw my bid. He said, yeah, sure, if I pay some of their ebay expenses (registration - 1.6€, commission - 2.5€), amounting to 4.10€. Now, thats not a lot of money and I'd have no problem paying it, but I wonder, what if I dont pay?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Depends on the seller, if they "press charges" on you to ebay, I suppose you could be "blacklisted" by the system as an unreliable buyer or something like that. Haven't read the fine print so I don't know but yes there are consequences. The best thing would be to settle this with the seller.

It happened to me a few years ago that I bid on a soccer shirt and won the auction but then I realized I had no way of paying the guy cause none of the acceptable methods were working. In the end we just decided to cancel the whole thing and nothing happened from it. Most people are reasonable.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Yeah, like I said, he told me it was ok if I paid some of his expenses (4 €). But I'm not too worried about getting a negative feedback or about being banned from ebay, as the shipping costs are too hight to Bosnia for it actually to be worth buying something there.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    not worth it for that little amount but you could easily screw him over. just create a new account next time you want to purchase.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    You can withdraw a bit, but not if you won the auction.

Some people are uptight about these things and will charge you because they have to pay comission to ebay for every item they sell, and if you win an auction and don't follow up, they'll give you negative feedback. If you're not too worried about negative feedback though, just forget about it if the guy has agreed to cancel the deal

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    Shipping is high no matter where in Europe the item is shipping from?
    Frakfurt, Germany.

++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    not worth it for that little amount but you could easily screw him over. just create a new account next time you want to purchase.
    Yeah, it's not alot, but I'm just considering not bothering at all.

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    You can withdraw a bit, but not if you won the auction.

Some people are uptight about these things and will charge you because they have to pay comission to ebay for every item they sell, and if you win an auction and don't follow up, they'll give you negative feedback. If you're not too worried about negative feedback though, just forget about it if the guy has agreed to cancel the deal
    Yeah, he said he'd cancel it if I pay the expenses. But I told him I aint gonna buy it, he's not going to send it to me if I dont pay ;)

Like I said, negative feedback is not a problem.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    In that case I say forget about about it. I highly doubt the guy can be bothered going to a debt collection agency over 4.10€

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    A what? Are those some big-ass guys willing to beat me up for a few bucks? :scared:

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)