Dyer: We Can Shock Juve And Stay Alive (1 Viewer)

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
Kieron Dyer is refusing to accept that Newcastle's Champions League campaign is already doomed, and is backing the Magpies to pull of a shock win at Juventus next week.

Bobby Robson's side followed up their defeat in Kiev with a disappointing 1-0 loss at home to Dutch side Feyenoord to leave them pointless and bottom of Group E.

The daunting prospect of back-to-back meetings with Serie A champions Juve now awaits, but Dyer says he and his team-mates will go to Turin full of confidence despite the Italians' thumping 5-0 win over Dynamo Kiev in their latest home game.

"We are so unpredictable that we could well go to Juventus next Tuesday and win," he said. "The fact that we have to go to Juventus in our current position could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

"Obviously, we saw that they beat Dynamo Kiev 5-0, but we are a good team on the counter-attack ourselves."

Dyer has come to the defence of Newcastle's beleaguered back-line, and says the forwards must take their share of the blame for United's disappoiting start to the season.

He said: "I feel sorry for our defenders at the moment. Because we're not putting the ball into the net, it's putting them under so much pressure and teams are sitting back and hitting us on the break."

at least hes been optimistic which is always good.
but i duno, top vs bottom it looks pretty clearcut especially at home

of course if juventus lose i will have to dig a hole and burry myself for that comment. :frown:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
SpeD

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    yeah
    that one to newcastle willl prol come from a free kick that had to be replayed 3 times :fero:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by GonJ ] ++
    "We are so unpredictable that we could well go to Juventus next Tuesday and win," he said. "The fact that we have to go to Juventus in our current position could turn out to be a blessing in disguise
    .:howler::howler:

"Obviously, we saw that they beat Dynamo Kiev 5-0, but we are a good team on the counter-attack ourselves."
    This from a team who have just won 2 matches in the EPL this season against the 2 worst sides, and both games away

He said: "I feel sorry for our defenders at the moment. Because we're not putting the ball into the net, it's putting them under so much pressure and teams are sitting back and hitting us on the break."
    And to make things worse they have never met the likes of Dp on fire, Di Vaio, Salas and a very hungry Trez before.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by GonJ ] ++
    "We are so unpredictable that we could well go to Juventus next Tuesday and win," he said. "The fact that we have to go to Juventus in our current position could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
    This is coming from the most Overated Player in the EPL

From the most oveerated Team in the CL

And if he wants to shock everybody

why is he making those comments before the match
    isn't the whole point with shcoking
    to make the result a surprise!?!?!?

Anyways the Journalists are pretty angry with Newcastle
    since the Brittish Press was unified on the fact that

Newcastle may very well become the dark horse of this years tournament
    And the Teams goes 2 down to a Dynamo playing with 9reserves.

Great Castle Great Castle.......

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
    I heard today that Craig Bellamy, one of Newcastle's front men, has been banned for 3 CL games for headbutting during last nights game. He looked pretty good last night, getting on the end of a few good moves from Newcastle but not actually scoring.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Well Im sure they just want to get the adrenaline pumping and the train moving for their team.

"Let him not brag who puts on his armour, but rather him who lives to take it off."

-The Bible

OP
    SpeD

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    how is dyer the most over-rated player in the EPL

i hardly know anyone from the ELP but seeing dyer plays i think hes pretty good.......

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    Dyer is good. I support Newcastle in the EPL, but I think Newcastle should come in 4th in the CL grouping and just concentrate on the EPL and the FA Cup this season.

Juve is extremely strong at home. So well... Juve to win.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    Bellamy is a great Newcastle player .. but as u mentioned he will be banned for 3 matches (2 of them against Juve) :D
    that mean Lua-Lua will play :scared:;)

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
    I will only talk once we have won this game, coz you actually never know what will happen. Newcastle are going through a tough period but one has to agree that they were kind of unlucky to lose to Feyernoord and they had just won their last premiership game albeit against Sunderland (whose manager has been told to take a couple of days rest)....so let's not feel overconfident, even though with the way we have started this season, it will be hard not to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)