DVD+R or DVD-R (1 Viewer)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
i dont really know what the difference is. i write dvd-r format to dvd+r discs, and it works i guess. other than that sorry i cant really help

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Basically DVD+R allows multiple layers on a disc, wheras DVD-R only allows one. I can't say that one's better than the other though, since multi-layered DVD+R has a higher cost to match the extra storage capacity.

I also find that it's very handy to have at least one DVD-RW disc handy, as you can erase and rewrite the data, giving you relatively inexpensive, high capacity storage to carry around.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I look like a total nutjob when people see me burning 500kb files onto DVDs :geek: RW is a blessing

OP
Alucard Belmont
Oct 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Basically DVD+R allows multiple layers on a disc, wheras DVD-R only allows one. I can't say that one's better than the other though, since multi-layered DVD+R has a higher cost to match the extra storage capacity.

I also find that it's very handy to have at least one DVD-RW disc handy, as you can erase and rewrite the data, giving you relatively inexpensive, high capacity storage to carry around.
    When you said multiple layers, are you referring to the dual layer disc?because in the market,both dvd+r and dvd-r have 4.7gb capacity.
    and why would you choose DVD-RW above DVD+RW?

OP
    Alucard Belmont
    Oct 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    DVD+RW is the only media I use. Perfect for backup routines as well.
    you used rewriteable media for backup? it's far more expensive than the usual DVD+R right?

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I look like a total nutjob when people see me burning 500kb files onto DVDs RW is a blessing
    :LOL: i'd better used my flash disc for that job.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
    you used rewriteable media for backup? it's far more expensive than the usual DVD+R right?
    That's the whole point, Alucard. Backups is something you do over and over, so much cheaper (and more environmental friendly) to use rewritable media.

OP
    Alucard Belmont
    Oct 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

That's the whole point, Alucard. Backups is something you do over and over, so much cheaper (and more environmental friendly) to use rewritable media.
    I never knew that backup is something you do over and over again. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)