Dušan Vlahović (22 Viewers)

How many goals this season? All competitions.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Towards the end of the half when the whole team was pushing forward he was still complaining about some foul in our half and not rushing forward to his position like he should. Hopefully as the season progresses that changes

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Well taken penalty but his movements as a striker is poor. He is simply lacking instincts where and when to run.
I thought his movement was good and much improved on last season. He had one ruled out where he pushed himself to get to the front post ahead of a defender. He also put himself into a great position for Chiesa to pull it back to him in the first half. Chiesa actually put in a nice ball across the face but I think Vlahovic made a decent choice to pull back.

I think he looked sharper and more driven than last season. If he plays like this he'll score more. Nice to see him get an assist too.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I thought his movement was good and much improved on last season. He had one ruled out where he pushed himself to get to the front post ahead of a defender. He also put himself into a great position for Chiesa to pull it back to him in the first half. Chiesa actually put in a nice ball across the face but I think Vlahovic made a decent choice to pull back.

I think he looked sharper and more driven than last season. If he plays like this he'll score more. Nice to see him get an assist too.
Agree. Good signs from him that he'll be more like the season before last.

- - - Updated - - -

Really good work on the disallowed goal as well.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
It’s good to see him open his account early and gain as much confidence as possible from that pk goal, looked very relieved to score it.

Nonetheless still has plenty to improve in his general awareness and timing of runs for through balls but i agree that today he already shown a better sense of overall positioning compared to last season which is hopefully a sign of better things to come.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Pogba's new witch doctor
I saw pogba warm up around half time... must have injured himself and went to hospital.

- - - Updated - - -

Towards the end of the half when the whole team was pushing forward he was still complaining about some foul in our half and not rushing forward to his position like he should. Hopefully as the season progresses that changes
Wasn't that the one where he tried to break forward and the udinese player was holding onto his arm?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
"When we get him (Vlahović) moving quickly as soon as we win back the ball, that’s where he can flourish. The difference must be when we are controlling the ball, so knowing how to lose his marker and find the spaces. That’s the difficult stuff and we’re working on it with him.

Allegri is speaking the truth here. Vlahović is pretty useless when we are controlling the ball. That might be the reason why some top teams are staying away from him. So far he's showing to be a counterattack-team's striker.

Jun 16, 2020
"When we get him (Vlahović) moving quickly as soon as we win back the ball, that’s where he can flourish. The difference must be when we are controlling the ball, so knowing how to lose his marker and find the spaces. That’s the difficult stuff and we’re working on it with him.

Allegri is speaking the truth here. Vlahović is pretty useless when we are controlling the ball. That might be the reason why some top teams are staying away from him. So far he's showing to be a counterattack-team's striker.
Same goes for Kean, Milik is basically the only one useful when we have the ball.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Italiano fanboys will come and tell you otherwise.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Vlahovic is pretty good if you can get the ball into his feet in the box. He's super physical and can turn and shoot. In general possession he's shit. On counters he's not even that good. IMO

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

His movement, first touch, hold up play and passing are all terrible. Maybe terrible is harsh but definitely not good enough to be at the level expected of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)