Dušan Vlahović - ST - Fiorentina (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus

Jun 14, 2021
1643014358487.png

Great signing, but until we improve the midfield and fullbacks and Chiesa comes back I do not expect a huge amount to change.

We couldn't miss this opportunity, but we cannot lose focus now and think our issues are solved. If we can spend big early and invest in a striker Allegri considers ideal then spend big and invest in a midfielder he considers ideal too and reap the rewards later. Something we didn't do when CR was signed.
I agree but its much easier to get an elite midfielder for less money than an elite striker beside the good strikers are very rare right now so its ideal to invest in a striker

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve already seen some “isak is a better fit anyway” takes without any irony.

- - - Updated - - -

seems a little too drawn out to be an apology
Yea iam on their forum now and its very funny :D

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I agree but its much easier to get an elite midfielder for less money than an elite striker beside the good strikers are very rare right now so its ideal to invest in a striker
I agree with that, but we went down this path before with Ronaldo and Higuain and thought that is it.

I understand why the decision for Vlahović has been made now to jump ahead of the competition, but we cannot stop now. Sell Bentancur, Morata is leaving, let Arthur go, hopefully Ramsey leaves too and go all in on Bruno Guimaraes, get him in early too.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
WTF happened here? I missed around 30 pages.

Regardless of how great this signing is and in January to make it even better. I find it hard not to look at what we have behind the attacking line, the garbage we have there is so annoying that no signing will make us forget it.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
352 incoming?

Vlahovic - Dybala
Pelle - Locatelli - Arthur - McKennie - Cuads
Chiellini - De Ligt - Bonucci
Tek
This seems like the best lineup we can field on a match, don't know if our depth would support it for a season with only Rugani left at CB.

Maybe Danilo can play a sort of RCB too... and then we arrived at Pirlo's formation :bow:

Jul 13, 2010
WTF happened here? I missed around 30 pages.

Regardless of how great this signing is and in January to make it even better. I find it hard not to look at what we have behind the attacking line, the garbage we have there is so annoying that no signing will make us forget it.
Yeah you're right, but when we have like 20% shots to shots-on-goal ratio, you gotta improve up front. I think we are missing an attacking midfielder, unless dybala wants to play this role. I think Tonali for example was played quite advanced role and that worked well for them to control the game, and we have only mckennie who is attacking-minded, but mck is incapable of making passes, so we need a creator

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah you're right, but when we have like 20% shots to shots-on-goal ratio, you gotta improve up front. I think we are missing an attacking midfielder, unless dybala wants to play this role. I think Tonali for example was played quite advanced role and that worked well for them to control the game, and we have only mckennie who is attacking-minded, but mck is incapable of making passes, so we need a creator
I am not saying that we don't need a better forward. We definitely do.

Back in the summer when were getting Locatelli, I was saying that him alone is not enough and we still had Ronaldo. We got only Locatelli and we lost Ronaldo so it is still the same. We need someone to fill up the gap Ronaldo left behind and we still need midfielders.

Zeus

Jun 14, 2021
I agree with that, but we went down this path before with Ronaldo and Higuain and thought that is it.

I understand why the decision for Vlahović has been made now to jump ahead of the competition, but we cannot stop now. Sell Bentancur, Morata is leaving, let Arthur go, hopefully Ramsey leaves too and go all in on Bruno Guimaraes, get him in early too.
Totally agree with you , the team needs much more players than one elite striker , I was just saying why I think making the investment in an elite striker is the top target since you wont find alot of options when it comes to strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)