Dp Injury And Lippi's Choices (1 Viewer)

supporter

Dec 10, 2002
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++

I don't think that would work. We need a playmaker. I think we could try continuing with the current formation, but Di Vaio would play instead of Del Piero:

----------------Buffon
-
Thuram-Ferrara-Montero-Zambro
-
-------Camo--Tacchi--Davids
---------------Nedved
-
-------------Trez, Di Vaio

Nedved and Camo would be the main creative players, with Thuram, Zambro and Davids going forward if required. We will still have a solid defence but on the offensive we'll be weaker.

Welcome to the forum, JuveBoy!:thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
As Paulo said,we will most likely play the same formation that we play with DP except with Di Vaio in his place.

littleken

Feb 6, 2003
Nedved is the only playmaker left. He is no Del Piero, but he would be the best one in the rest of the squad. Just let him be the offensive creator on the field.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
I said it before we had to clone DP and have 10 copys for the hard tims..............................who will beat Man united now

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
:D good idea.

every team should have a clone of every player on earth.
Then it will all depend on the coach and the tactics.
It'll become like CM :D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
it will not be that bad.i am sure that after getting a big break like this di vaio will rise to the occasion....
Maybe the whole team will raise a gear above the norm :)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
for man utd:

-----------------buffon

thuram----tudor---montero---pessotto

camoranesi----nedved----davids----zambrotta

-----------trezeguet-----di vaio

need crosses for di vaio and trezguet...hence, zambro and camo. pessotto is a better defender than zambro and with becks, i think pessotto would be better, plus he has played on him before.

other games:

------------same line up, but zambro back at left back, and tacchinardi in teh side.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
haven't posted in ages... been busy :p

anyway, do you think Lippi will change things around like the formation since we don't have DP?

he could change to a 4-3-3 to satisfy both salas and DV in attack... which would most likely mean davids, nedved, and camo in midfield. but that would be too dangerous... but with lippi, you know he might just drop camo and play zamby :lazy:

i haven't seen a juve game in ages, so i wander what our current defence is...

but damn, DV, Salas and Trez sounds like a fearsome attack. i can't imagine Man Utd coping with them, with Nedved being our spark.

i feel that in our games against man utd, we have to win the midfield battle... and so, do you think Lippi will play 3-5-2 to try and neutralize Keane, Beckham and Veron *whom I feel are the more dangerous players in midfield*

of course, what is important is we try and do well whilst DP is away... and i'm confident that we can. if we do, it will prove that Juve doesn't just rely on DP. if they do, that would be sad coz if he leaves *as in retire etc*, nobody would be able to replace him :down:

ramble on d00ds :)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
I hope Lippi won't make 2 much changes in the lineups and formation...

Put DV in were DP was.. lets C how that works out...
For Man.U game Veron is out...

I believe we should play our: 4-3-1-2
Having 3 defenders against Man.U is 2 dangerous...

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
for man utd:

-----------------buffon

thuram----tudor---montero---pessotto

camoranesi----nedved----davids----zambrotta

-----------trezeguet-----di vaio

need crosses for di vaio and trezguet...hence, zambro and camo. pessotto is a better defender than zambro and with becks, i think pessotto would be better, plus he has played on him before.

other games:

------------same line up, but zambro back at left back, and tacchinardi in teh side.
Great formation, although I think we need a playmaker for all matches(Nedved). He will will make a bigger contribution than wingers. However, if Nedved would get injured or Lippi would decide to change the formation, that would be the best solution IMHO.

Buffon#1

Jan 2, 2003
Against MAN UTD,we need a tall central defender...the tallest player in our team is Tudor...1.93cm.
I think he would be pretty good in cleaning "second floor" balls.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yeah paulo, nedved would attack and davids would defend in my formation.

And with Tudor in defence, Tacchinardi isnt really needed for his height in that DM position.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
guys, against MAN U,what do you think of this: 3-1-3-3

---------------Buffon
-Thuram----Montero---Ferrara
---------------Davids
---Camo----Nedved---Zambro
-------Salas---Trez--Di Vaio

I'm thinking, it'll be a battle between the midfields because look at the quality of both teams:

Juve: Nedved, Davids, Camo, Zambrotta
Man U: Keane, Scholes, Giggs & Becks, Veron

Quite a great match-up aint it? Anyway, with a tight battle like this in the middle of the pitch, we really have to make the most out of our attacking opportunities. Sure, if DP was there up along with Trez there wouldn't be any problem. But since il capitano is absent, three strikers would quite fill the gap dont you guys think. We have to make the most out of every attack, and we have to make sure we convert them. We can't afford slip-ups against Man U. Because I'm pretty sure Man U won't be making slip-ups when they get chances to attack.

And for those of you who think having only 3 defenders would be risky and dangerous against Man U, i have a point to prove:
If we have this much quality in midfield from both teams, it would be more ideal to put the bulk or strength of our team in the midfield as well. And knowing that Man U has a deadly attack at form lately (let's face it), it would be risky to battle it with a four man defence. We may have a good defense to put up against them, but hell, they've got a good attack that we've got to stop as well. So my solution is that we keep attacking, to keep Man U at bay. Let them do all the defending. Let's pour it all out in attack. 'Cos lately, everytime i see Man U play, they're always attacking, and forcing their players to go up. So i'm assuming that they've been quite rusty in working-on in their defense. And quite frankly, I think three strikers would be too much for a defense like Man U. Taking into consideration that Ferdinand is out-of-form.

Anyway, it sure would be a super classico match.
Forza Juve!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
In Short: too offensive, and your giving ManU exactly what they want.

you have no midfield what so ever. Davids can't destribute the ball well. Nedved, Camo and Zambrotta run with the ball as soon as they get it. you can't play this formation with a team that loves to hold the mid-field to win games. (Keane and Veron and Scholes pushing back). You also have no wings or defensive back. That means Heaven for Beckham and Giggs!!

Sorry, but this would never work. not even on paper.

-------------------------------Buffon---------------------------------
-------------Thuram-------Montero-------Tudor------------------
----------------------Tacchi----------Davids------------------------
-Camo----------------------Nedved---------------------Zambrotta
-----------------------Trez-------------Di Viao-----------------------

This formation still has the attacking edge too it (3-5-2). It also has a good midfield where Davids can annoy the hell out of Veron and Tacchi can do the distributing to Camo and Zambrotta where they are used to the max.
The defense is only of 3 since, tecchnicaly, ManU only play with one stricker (Ruud Van Nistelrooy) while Scholes plays back a bit. So Montero can mark RVN, while Tudor and Thuram can block Giggs and Becks from entering the Box.

Juve will use the speed of Camo, Zambrotta, and Nedved to Counter attack.....
This way, juve can use the ability of Trez to score from headers. DV seems to be good at headers with juve at the moment.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
what?!!

juve aren't gonna play Atalanta or Piacenza for you to worry so much about sacrificing attack.

You are playing ManU.
anyway....with only RVN attacking. this means Tacchi and DAvids will have a more defensive role.
Thruam will still be A bit wide, but it's just that he wont make his occasional runs.

Camo doesn't need a man behind him to run forward. Nedved or Tacchi will be supplying the wings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)