Dp Injury And Lippi's Choices (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I think the combination of davids and nedved with zambrotta and camoranese as wingers and trez and devaio in front will do good without delpiaro .... i hope so :eek:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alessandro ] ++
The same squad like vs Atalanta, but Neddy instead of DP.
Yes,that will most probably be Lippi's first choice.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Sorry to say guys, but without DP, I do not feel that we will be able to beat teams like Man U and Deportivo.We cannot just rely on Trez. Trez is not a playmaker, rather, a finisher, while DP is both !!

DiVaio has not been the same since he was ko'ed in the Newcastle game. I cannot say that I blame him- seeing it live, I thought he was dead !!

Davids, Nedved, and company are going to have to play above and beyond their ability, which I doubt will happen.

Without DP, we will NOT make it to the next round of the CL, IMO

babyblue

Jul 13, 2002
i don't know.
on the soccer pitch, everything may happen. but Man U is really strong.
without alex, i'm not as confident as before.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm sure that no one is as confident as before but we have to concentrate,get stuck in and hope for the best. If we can at least get a draw at home to Man Utd,then we may be able to get the necessary points needed to qualify.

P.S I think DP will be back for the Basle match.:)

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Well i dont think it will be a good excuse to say: "Without DP, we will NOT make it to the next round of the CL" We realy cant blame it on DP' injury, offcourse its a big empty spot, but we must not use that excuse.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
well he's out for 5 weeks? what are the games we will be having in 5 weeks??
The important ones: one or both Man U matches (can't remember), and Inter.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
di vaio or salas have to partner trez. zalayeta is teh same player as trez...wouldnt work.

di vaio isnt a great partner, have to change tactics to suit his play. but maybe against man utd, he could be useful as his pace could trouble their defence.

salas, we need a miracle for him to play well, if lippi chooses him.

what about Olivera??? at least he can create more than the others. just wish we played him more often now.

i think lippi will just put di vaio where del piero was. he hasnt got much choice really.....unless davids moves back to DM and zambro plays on the left and attacks more. which might leave say, a more defensive minded player as pessotto to play on becks....but even that sounds scary.

its too hard......he is the one player we cant replace.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
yep....

i think we got about 5 different thread all about DP's injury!!

that's not counting the posts in the other threads about his injury!!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Buffon
Thuram, Ciro, Montero, Zambrotta
Camoranesi, Olivera, Davids, Nedved
Trez, Di Vaio

On the paper it looks great (attack-minded), but in reality, I think we would loose every battle in the midfield and with our aging defence we couldn't keep up.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Lines-up against Man United:
In Manshester:
Buffon
Camoranesi, Tachinardi,Tudor, Davids
Nedved
Trez

And in Torino:
Buffon
Camoranesi, Tachinardi, Davids, Nedved
Trez, Di Vaio

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Buffon
Camoranesi, Olivera, Davids, Nedved
Trez, Di Vaio

On the paper it looks great (attack-minded), but in reality, I think we would loose every battle in the midfield and with our aging defence we couldn't keep up.
I don't think that would work. We need a playmaker. I think we could try continuing with the current formation, but Di Vaio would play instead of Del Piero:

----------------Buffon
-
Thuram-Ferrara-Montero-Zambro
-
-------Camo--Tacchi--Davids
---------------Nedved
-
-------------Trez, Di Vaio

Nedved and Camo would be the main creative players, with Thuram, Zambro and Davids going forward if required. We will still have a solid defence but on the offensive we'll be weaker.

Welcome to the forum, JuveBoy!:thumb:

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
Del Piero ................ i hate Bergamo ....... what can we do now

everyone is making his own formation, but any formation without DP is nothing :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)