Douglas Costa (43 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Don't other clubs when take the risk? They are aware of it, just as I am. They are paying for his wages, which aren't tiny, and are willing to take the reward.

I'm not saying I'm crying over Costa. I think he's great and can add a lot to the team but his injuries are horrible. But paying for him and then sending him out on a dry loan is just horrible. Two times horrible actually.
But bayern are the ones paying for his salary , not us.

Its damage control at this point.

I dont know if he will be a hit on bayern.. but he has 3 years here and his stats speak for themselves.

Horrible deal taking in account his injuries.

Theres is a great player there, somewhere... but between his injuries and his dubious antics... is not worth the risk anymore. With last year squad i would have agreed with you about keeping him just in case... but now we have FIT players to field, who will not break at the first sight of grass.

We should learn from our mistakes and accept that this didnt worked, and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think about this?

Last edited:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Because Sane is not 100% and Gnabry out with Corona?

He's never fit and can't be relied on, that's why.
I would start him over Berna for sure. We already brought in Chiesa. Costa could have been a good rotation option. Hence what he is for Bayern till Sane and Gnabry are absent. Meanwhile we start Berna and Cuads.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Costa can play both flanks. So it has to do with Cuadrado plenty. And he shouldnt really be a starter for a team who has CL ambitions. His 33 next jan. We arent talking here about a 33 year old Ronaldo or Messi. And scores less goals in a season than our CBs. Time to move on.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Costa can play both flanks. So it has to do with Cuadrado plenty. And he shouldnt really be a starter for a team who has CL ambitions. His 33 next jan. We arent talking here about a 33 year old Ronaldo or Messi. And scores less goals in a season than our CBs. Time to move on.
Cuadrado plays RB/RWB, Costa can't do that. Cuads has also been consistently good in that position.

That you whine over Costa being gone and about Cuads starting makes you wonder how closely you follow Juve.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Cuadrado plays RB/RWB, Costa can't do that. Cuads has also been consistently good in that position.

That you whine over Costa being gone and about Cuads starting makes you wonder how closely you follow Juve.
Its one thing if Costa was sold. We just loaned him to Bayern for a season. Why make charity? Ive seen plenty Juve games. Cuadrado has not established himself as a RB or RWB, otherwise we wouldnt be on the market for a new one every other year in either De Sciglio, Cancelo or Danilo

He might even be one of the main reasons Pirlo is playing back 3. Cause he doesnt have natural fullbacks. Sandro missing on the left is another problem.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I don't care how good he does with Bayern tbh. All i know is that he would not be fit here anyway and we would not be able to count on him. Maybe italian air is not suitable.

Hope he continues his good form at Bayern so we get rid of him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
25-30 million for him, provided he keeps his form and doesn't reinjure himself, would be massive.

Tbh, I want us to focus on bringing in Aouar (or Pogba) and Zaniolo in the next mercato. Another option for the WB positions wouldn't be too bad either, but I'm not sure if there's anyone of significant quality available at a reasonable price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)